Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=749&start_row=1

Eyes on the Prize

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: gideon Sent: 4/2/2005 3:16:19 PM

I love this story so much - when Peter was walking on water. Once he kept his eyes on Jah he was okay but as soon as he looked down to the earth to see how he was being supported he started to sink. But then he did the right thing, he cried out to his friend and Jesus reached out a hand and pulled him up again. All those who call on the name of the lord will be saved.

I want to link this with a theme that is in many posts on this site, about when believers miss the mark and backslide.
When I visualize backsliding it is someone climbing a hill and they put their foot on some unfirm ground and push forward, but the ground gives way so they end up sliding backward. The main thing that I always want to focus on is that the person was striving to move forward. And Jah will always love a man like that, because he hold his positive medititation and strive in the right direction. By the way the word Jihad means striving, just dropping that in there as the mystic forward........
So don't think bad about someone because of the direction they are moving, because it is much more important the direction they are aiming for. Jah will always rescue the man aiming in the right direction, because that man will always call on Jah when he starts to slide.
But a man who is just climbing the hill but he doesn't have that foundation of faith, he can get to one inch of the top and then he will tumble down. So again it is not the direction that the person is moving in outwardly that is important, but it is the inward directive that is key.
This is about the law and grace, too. The law is symbolised by the physical direction the person is moving. And grace, or the christian faith, is symbolized by the internal directive that guides the person.

Hey, I am not planning to always talk about law and grace, but it is the mystic that manifest this topic. Then again, heartically it is INI intention to reason of grace and put away the legal (law) focus. So this intention must manifest within I works, even if it was not the plan in my mind at the start.
Big up to ones and ones. We are all the same.......

Messenger: Rasta Rob Sent: 4/2/2005 3:46:17 PM

Greetings,

Those are very wise words that the I has written. I totally agree that Jah will always be with the ones that have faith to give them an extra push to reach their goals. very wise words and that is a very good story.

give thanks and praise
Jah Ras TafarI

Rob

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I