Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7482&start_row=11

Nyabinghi: Death to all oppressors?

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 3/4/2021 10:23:50 AM

I think any curse originates from the wrong mindset; you can call it the carnal mind of sin. I do not wish evil on anyone. When humans experience evil it either makes them stronger or it corrupts them. If I want a child to be good I show them goodness. People oppress for different reasons. Much of it is fear and hatred. If there is no justifiable cause then there should be no justification in returning fear for fear, hate for hate. Ultimately, all these motives go back to spiritual immaturity. However, there are many people who practice religion who are spiritually or emotionally immature.

I don't see our oppressors as being wise or intelligent. I see them as ignorant and childish and weak. They couldn't figure out a way to build a country by themselves, with their own strength, so they forced others to build it, using their strength. Some people think "beating someone" makes them superior to that person. In many cases they only won because of superior weapons that simply meant they invested more energy into killing each other. Again... wrong mindset.

I seriously hope that people listen to Cedric's wisdom as much as possible. That is a spiritually mature person speaking and I have much respect for everything he says. Internalizing "judgement day". That's deep. And that's the mindset we all need to have. The decisions we make are part of creation constantly unfolding. So in order to create a better future we have to build it. WE. Not complain while others do it. What makes us any better than our oppressors in that case?

How are you using YOUR strength? YOUR intellect? YOUR wisdom? YOUR understanding?

Are you just copying/pasting what other people are doing? Or are you building up your character and spirit, constantly making yourself a better person by judging yourself, reflecting upon yourself, mediating, replacing the bad with the good?

White children don't have to grow up to be carbon copies of their parents. There are plenty of white people who disagree with their parents and grandparents. Plenty.

And many of them form their opinions, independently, when they come into contact with us and see all the good and all the potential greatness that we represent; but more importantly love and righteousness. We have a hunger and passion for it. But if raised in fear, anger, intolerance, etc. then these toxic environments can poison our humanity and we start to conform to the disease rather than becoming the cure.

So no, I don't desire to curse anyone or chant them down or anything of that nature. I wish only wealth and happiness on those who don't have it. I wish success on those who need it. And I wish love on everyone because everyone needs love. Some people don't want the world to change. Returning evil for evil, eye for eye, that is as old as time itself. If you want things to be better then you have to change the equation. Return good for evil. Because when you can master THAT?... You can change the world.

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/11/2021 9:50:45 AM

"I do not wish evil on anyone."

I don't either. I don't think this term come from rasta people who wish evil on other people.

Malcolm X said "by any means necessary"
You don't ask for your freedom.

Look at the slave uprising in Haiti where the Africans had the colonies killed. Instead of more Africans being slaughtered and oppressed, the oppressors were killed once and for all and no more africans had to suffer. I don't think that violence was the first solution the slaves would fight them with. But that was the last and only solution that worked.

However, I still wonder if "death to all oppressors" is meant spiritually like "Bun" or if it is meant carnal.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 3/11/2021 12:54:28 PM

Blessed Love Idren

Bless Up IPXninja, Give thanks for the huge compliment. Hopefully I can live up to the expectations haha. Good to see the I on this forum. I hope InI family remains healthy and is able to persevere through these troubled times.

Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth, Give thanks for the I’s kind words. I man glad ideas I present can be helpful perspectives. I think Rasta and imagination can go hand in hand because imagination is a very important tool to help invision and create the world InI want to live in. Just because InI Rastafari deal with reality does not mean InI should forget the benefits of maintaining healthy imagination. When InI are little youths, InI can use imagination effortlessly. As InI get older and are forced to deal with reality more, it can be easy to devalue imagination. However I think the real visionaries and creators in this world have been able to hold onto that ability of imagination InI have as youths, and use it in a healthy way to literally make or bring things into creation.

The book I suggest about Melchizedek (not to be confused with the misspelled agent poster) is where I learned a biblical connection to that type of thinking, otherwise more modern examples would be works on quantum physics like “What the Bleep Do We Know” or I Empress tells I about Christian Mystics law of assumption, and also I have heard of the law of attraction. I don’t know a lot about those different subjects, and I have issues with some, specifically the law of attraction’s obsession with material objects, but to I they are all talking about the same thing: Creating InI own destiny. InI as the LIVING JAH.

As far as fighting for InI freedom goes, just know that babylon hoping for InI to try and fight toe to toe, because they got us out gunned and it wouldn’t even be close to a fair fight. They coming up with excuses to whip InI into a fervor of violence. Be careful of the solutions that InI promote. The fight for Haitian independence was a much different time and place than InI live in now. InI need to be careful in this time of surveillance and take-way-knowledge-y that InI don’t play into their hands, in many different ways. Not only are they hoping InI will physically challenge them so InI can be quickly subdued, InI should be aware that babylon building a comprehensive digital profile of each and every one of InI, searching for targets. The ideas we carelessly throw about or search for on the internet are being used to build their profile of InI and might effect us in ways that are not easy to comprehend at this time.

The death to all downpressors quote, I think the meaning has changed over time. From what little I know about the original Rastafari led by Leonard Howell at Pinnacle farm, I heard they were amassing guns. I think being the late 1920’s and 1930’s in Jamaica the call for the death of all Black and White Downpressors would have had a literal meaning. I don’t know and am by no means an authority on the subject. I would choose different words for I word sound power or iditations than beginning something with “death” and say Live Up Rastafari or Live Up Righteousness because InI should know that the wicked shall perish without InI needing to chant them down, and any positive thought or prayer will rule over a negative conception.

I know this is where I may disagree with a lot of Rastafari, but I think it is important for InI to acquire and be trained in the same tools that babylon might use against InI. Again, by no means am I suggesting it a good idea to carry those tools on I person at all times, but to have one and know how to use it I think is smart. As with everything, InI need to be wise in our actions and keep egos out of important decisions. I promote self sufficiency and to be prepared, and where I live far away from any neighbors I think it is necessary. Maybe that is evidence of I own unhealthy imagination or maybe it is justified, I know I would rather have it and never need it than wish I had it. I have reasoned about it before, but I think that is what Isaiah 54:15-17 talks about.

Keep calm and praise JAH :)

HAILE SELASSIE I LOVE

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 3/13/2021 3:19:35 PM

Death to sin, death to ignorance, death to oppression, death to death. More Life to the living.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 7/25/2021 1:22:46 AM

To answer the op. Death to all white (and later added white and black) downpressors really means death, yes. RASTAFARI say we Africans will FIGHT, UNTIL that day. No peace before justice

Let his enemies be scattered and battered .... As smoke blows into the wind and wax melt into the fire... May all enemies of Jah PERISH.

Messenger: Arma Gideon Sent: 7/25/2021 10:37:40 PM

Blessed Thanks Garvey . As a youth growing up that is how I&I know it to be , until it was later worded " Death to Both Black & White Downpressors"

Blessings all the while , Haile I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/20/2021 11:04:48 PM

Bless up brother many come to change and rearrange and evolve this trod from what we know it as and how it was delivered to InI from youth days. I man personally cant stand for it. Ive seen too many heartical Rastafari give their lifeforce toward the upliftment of black people in the name of original Rastafari livity, to see this ting water down

More Love more Life More Powaz.
Yet and still
Death to all infiltrator
Death to Babylon and all its supporters

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 10/20/2021 7:38:42 AM

Oppression & downpression,
I could never condone,
I and I want Redemption.

At the beginning of the Kurushetra,
Arjun hesitates,
then Lord Krishna,
explains,
why,
DEATH TO ALL DOWNPRESSOR
is Right.

RastafarI.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 10/20/2021 8:05:38 AM

Kurukshetra War from the Mahabharata

Messenger: Likkle Ithiopia Sent: 10/26/2021 9:29:27 PM

Death to black and white downpressors... nothing wrong with that, InI nuh folly wid devil Saytan

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I