Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=747&start_row=1

garvey against sellassie

1 - 1011 - 19
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/2/2005 1:46:07 PM

garvey against sellassie

as I know it was Marcus Mosiah Garvey who said "look to the east, where a black king shall be crowned". and Garvey supported all efforts for a better life for black people and works towards salvation and repatration of the black man. but how come (if this is true indeed?) later he (Garvey) was against the man he mentioned to come ?

I also know that there are rumours about if it was really Garvey who said that ("look to the east..."). as InI know Garvey for some time worked together with a guy called Robert Athlyi Rogers, who wrote one new version of the Holy Piby. it isn't sure if Garvey said it or Athlyi. if anyI got the speech where Garvey says so, please post it here in the topic, to also reason on it.

but, no matter who said this, I think it isn't really important who said it, as long as we know it was said. it was said by Garvey or by Athlyi. both were two intelligent men who knew what they were talking about and so it doesn't really matter if the one said it or the other; for both those two persons are important and their words are important.

but what about this question if Garvey said this significant sentence ? what's theI's opinion ? anyone got facts about this ?

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/3/2005 12:24:59 PM

Many will not agree with I on this...

But personally, I can not see it making sense. I think maybe Garvey had a bad day or his faith wavered, or something... Personally, if I was around during the days, I would have backed His Majesty forIver. I would never go against my King.. nor my own words.

The "Look to the east" speach was a blessed prophesy... The rebuttal later was something Ras debate over... but makes no sense...
Could it be possible, Mr Garvey never actually reversed himself? I and I know of the (sometimes very convincing) propoganda Babylon puts in our faces to distract us. I could be dead wrong, but it makes more sense to me.. Marcus Garvey was a leader of people, and had great effect on them. The last thing Babylon would want is Jah children to gather unto Him. What better to do, than make false statements in the name of someone that would be heard?

Just my opinion, Ras... based on thought.. forgive me if I am not posting accurate history.

Respect and Love ---JAH

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/3/2005 3:32:35 PM

Actually this quote has never been proven to come from Marcus and is basically a hear-say myth, but what is not a myth is that in 1924 there was a book written called "A black man will be the coming universal king, Proven by biblical History." It was written by a man named Rev. James Morris Webb.

He wrote,

"The head of Great Britain will do as the Kaiser did and attempt to rule as universal king. The the nations which were Great Britians allies in the World War- Belgium, France and America will join to crush Great Britian. The universal black king will then appear and dominate all. He will tear down all their claims. The world cannot realize this now. It will take time. When the prophetic part of the Bible is being preached the world will realize that the universal black king is coming..."

Whats funny about this is that it never reached Jamaica until after the coronation of His Majesty. So even before the coronation, people was waiting for the Black King, Emporer Haile Selassie I Jah Rastafari, the Field Marshall. InI give thanks!

Blessed Love Idren

Ras Zion I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 4/3/2005 4:05:58 PM

I have read that a king from that east will come,from all area's(i.e song,book,rhyme old slave tales)I give thanks for the from the EAST we KNOW a KING came.RASTAFARI.

Messenger: Nefertiti Sent: 4/5/2005 6:56:00 PM

Blessed ones and ones.. rasta far i selassie i

ones and ones must educate oneself on what and what is the truth, If ones want to follow his man or that man, one must get to know that one. Site? This hereasay is just gossip. Go to the library and site garvey's books and his philospohy to overstnd what was said in what context. read about selassie and his life and times and the i-story of I-thiopia. i nah talking any scholastricks, ini site to KNOW for ones self. INI.

To take one sentence of waht ras garveys said without knowing anything else about the man is just contention. there are many resources here on this site give taanks and ises to the most high who used Ras Ark I to make this site. KNOW INI.

It is easy to see these things on the internet. READ BOOKS, LISTEN to internet streams and sitesie. Mutabaruka, nyabhingi....I-didtate for ones self to KNOW the truth. SEEK>>>>>don;t be lead and brainswashed.....

So say that garvey waas against is just bumba klatt......It is much deeper and simpler.... Rasta, know ini...

Marcus Garvey and Haile I Selassie I are the most significant man of the past century for all I-fricans, Thats what Ini know. word...KNOW I-story

Haile I Selassie I

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/7/2005 1:00:25 AM

There was a reasoning before about what Garvey said about Selassie I, this was I response.

-------------------------------------
RasTafarI didn't fight and run away, He went to gather armies to help Ethiopia defeat Mussolini. He knew that the weapons that Ethiopia had couldn't compete with the more modern weapons the aggressor had, especially considering how wicked the people behind these weapons were. They used poison to kill many people, and didn't have any consideration for Life. So Selassie I Itinued the fight and accomplished what he set out to do. He gathered the armies to defeat Mussolini. Garvey said some things against Selassie I because he didn't Iverstand the purpose of everything that Selassie I did. He didn't Iverstand that Selassie I was gathering armies to fight against Mussolini. And Selassie I accomplished his goal and defeated Mussolini. Selassie I didn't come to bow, but to conquer.

Negusnagas, you said,
----------------
sounds like what people been doing for years when it came to defending their faith, which is glorify the positive and reproach the negative.
----------------

Of course that is what we do. RasTafarI people are people of righteousness, so we reject all wickedness, and we glorify all righteousness.

I have learned many things from Garvey's words, but just because I agree with many things, doesn't mean I agree with everything. Only fools agree with everything a person says, especially if it is not justified within themself.

RasTafarI, Haile Selassie I taught I and I

To be neutral is to be impartial, impartial to judge actions and policies objectively, as we see them either contributing to or detracting from the resolution of the world's problems, the preservation of peace and the improvement of the general level of man's living conditions. Thus, we may find ourselves now opposing, now supporting. now voting with, now voting against, first the East, next the West. It is the worth of the policies themselves, and not their source or sponsor, which determines the position of one who is truly neutral.

This, We maintain, is the essence of non-alignment. Those who would righteously denounce one side on every major problem or issue while reserving nothing but praise for the other cannot claim to be non-aligned, nor can those whose policies are shaped for them elsewhere and who wait patiently to be instructed whether they are to be for or against be called uncommitted.

rastafari.com/selassie-words/show-jah-word.asp?word_id=belg_conf' target='_blank'>Belgrade Conference

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=641&start_row=11
-------------------------------------

This is what Garvey said:

a passage from the so called prophet, Marcus Garvey

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 4/7/2005 10:49:35 AM

much RASpeckt

EACH I TEACH I

RSK

Messenger: Bredda Alex Sent: 4/8/2005 6:44:53 AM

thank you for your good information, Ark I.

so when one looks only at the date, when this speech was held by Garvey, you can recognize that it was only about 1 year after the italians were attacking ethiopia. and Sellassie returned in 1941. so in '37 Garvey didn't know that Sellassie would come back to defeat the italians. so you can Iverstand why at that time Garvey reacted this way. if Garvey would have been able to look into future and would have seen that Sellassie I would come back, I think Garvey wouldn't have reacted this way, because he would have known why Sellassie went away for some time.

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 4/8/2005 9:41:38 PM

Another problem was that the information that Garvey received about the war was from babylon propaganda.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 4/9/2005 12:03:10 AM

yes... and likely the biggest problem.. why so many are confused today... propoganda. Remember, Babylon means confusion... And Babylon runs this world for now...

Respect and Love

1 - 1011 - 19

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I