Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7455&start_row=11

Why the bible?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/30/2020 5:36:39 AM

It's like you want to say Ras Tafari was a nobody peasant who gained advantages and royalties along the way, but I must inform you that he IS of a royal bloodline, an ancient bloodline, born of a royal family and need not fabricate realities in order to be favoured, or to rule, for that matter.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/30/2020 8:25:45 AM

Messenger: Mr Jam Sent: 11/30/2020 12:16:02 PM

the rallying point of mankind,

the history of the true Israelites,

and the chosen one whom is one.

peace and wisdom to be found.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/30/2020 3:17:33 PM

@BC

Brutha, I think you misunderstood.

Let's slow down and think about it. Let's say you are the leader of a country of white people. Let's say 97% of the population is white. Is it better, in that situation, to be white or black?

If you are a leader of a country where the population is 97% black, is it better, in that situation, politically, to be black or white?

If these examples are too nebulous for you then take Barack Obama for example. He was born in Hawaii. He is American. You can't even be president of the US if you were born somewhere else. America is a high population of Christians. Racists and white supremacists came out of the woodworks because Obama got elected. ELECTED. Not born into royalty, but duly elected by the people. And we can talk about the racism that Meghan went through also, but Obama being black... NOT even 100%, but just half... that was enough for white supremacy to happily elect a man who claimed that Obama wasn't born in America and a lot of people on their side were trying to make Obama a Muslim.

It's not like we haven't had assassinated presidents in America before. So more you don't match up to the majority, whether it's religion or ethnicity... the more of a problem you're inviting. And leaders have to be concerned with maintaining power and how they can keep from losing it. Because people are going to talk bad about you and create negative propaganda against you. The more you appear to be an "other" the more effective that propaganda becomes. 4 years later we are STILL feeling the backlash from Obama being in office. And this is in a democracy.

The reason why many kings and dictators and emperors used to claim (and at least one who still does) to be the descendant of the gods is because as long as the people recognized those gods, even if you weren't popular, they would still probably not kill you. But that being said, many leaders have been famously killed by their own people and I'm not talking about straight military coups.

So Haile Selassie, being born there is a given. That's not enough to secure the loyalty and support of the people. If you think people don't care what your religion is, you're wrong. If you're their leader? No, you're not free to do whatever you want. Obama wasn't free to be whatever religion he wanted to be. Trump has more freedom to be Trump because he's white and a fellow racist. Obama? No, if Obama did even a fraction of the things Trump has already gotten away with... I would fear for his life. I'm not even remotely kidding.

And if you go back to Ahkenaten, you can see he was a religious revolutionary. Right? If you don't know his story, google him.

But he was referred to as the "the heretic king" because he abandoned polytheism for monotheism. You see the priests had a certain amount of power in the form of influence. The highest religious leaders ALWAYS do. If you don't take them seriously it will hurt you. That's why kings often had priests as advisors. Even Hitler probably could not have done what he did without the Catholic priests. People don't just go along with whatever when it opposes their religious beliefs. The reason America brought in Separation between church and state was exactly because of how powerful the church was; way too powerful if you didn't keep them separate. Crossing that line is what led to the Crusades and the Inquisitions.

So yeah... all of this matters. You can't just say "I am the bloodline of David" and everyone just falls in line. Even Haile Selassie himself was ousted from power in a coup and was kept under house arrest in the palace until he died in 1975. And if you believe the evidence he was actually murdered by the new government.

So this is what I'm saying... You have to play the game. Just because you were born there doesn't mean you have to believe whatever everyone else does. Yeshua confronted the religious leaders of his time and they were actively out to get him. And what eventually happened? They saw their power/authority on a collision course with his and they did what?

They hired false witnesses and sold him out to Rome as a traitor. It was a coup before he could even become king. So again... that was just another example of what can happen if your views are not in line with the traditional views of your religious leaders. But again... being born there... that don't mean anything. A lot of people don't tell their families they have had a change in religious beliefs. Why? Because they don't want the drama. I've had one of my favorite aunts compare me to the devil just on the basis of asking logical questions alone! And my cousin, her son, was like why you do that. And I couldn't help it because she asked a direct question and I couldn't lie to her. Sorry for the personal TMI. The point is that there are always other people besides the king/ruler/pharaoh/emperor/chief/etc who want to have influence and control for their own agenda. The king can't do everything himself. He has to delegate. And the people he delegates to have great influence over that aspect of government. So if they see their support with the people is greater... and they turn against him, it's not a simple thing that they're just going to resign and go home. No, sometimes they simply become the new leader.

So this is why... when you consider the political implications... you cannot say for SURE (I'm not saying he wasn't a true Christian) what is in the heart of a leader on THAT LEVEL because appearances are important. Allies are important. And if you have radical or revolutionary beliefs, you better make sure the people like them before you debut them or else you could be out the door. It doesn't matter who you are. That fear of being overthrown is always there for every leader. That's why Putin poisons people. That's why in many places if you speak against the leader you can be executed. Still. That fear is real for a lot of leaders so while you think they are fearless and strong, some of that is because they have to hide their weaknesses, fears, and differences of opinion, religion, etc. so that the people don't turn against them. It's the reason why the Roman Constantine converted to Christianity. You think it was because he loved God? Hell no! It was about maintaining power over pagans AND Christians.

Hope you understand what I mean now.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 11/30/2020 7:55:03 PM

I agree w dont know what HIM really felt.

Definitely easier to say Christian.
(Maybe not when u are regent of Harare, a hardcore muslim city.) Good thing Empress Menen was from highly respected muslim family. Good ixample of co-existing faiths peacefully, even in same family house.

Reading his words and looking picture of HIM praying, we do know he was highly spiritual to say the least.

He didnt need to fake trance and chant that to be liked by the majority. Doesnt feel like completely for show. But the details of his faith, who can say for sho.

Love and overstanding

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/30/2020 9:00:30 PM

Well, it seems you're the one misunderstanding here. I suggest you take a reading session and study the writings of Haile Selassie I. My Life and Ethiopia's progress is a book that tells what his majesty truly lived for, from the king's own perspective. The picture you're giving here is that Haile Selassie was born knowing things that other men do not. For instance, he had his own belief system and religion which was a secret only to himself and he only played along with the religion of the land so he could gain advantage over political opposition... Hogwash.

This is the picture you are giving, (and this is actually hillarious) that Haile Selassie knew he was going to be King, or rather supposed to be King from a young tender age, so he just "played along" in order to gain some advantage over his Political opposition? Nonsense.

In Ethiopia there was a freedom of worship during the days of Menelik II and before. So you could actually choose who to worship, whether it is Allah you want to adore or it is Jahova, the choice was ultimately individualistic. You could be born into a powerful christian family but in the end, as a mature person, your destiny was your own. Haile Selassie I is no more of a man than me and you, that is your belief, seen. But he was born by his father and his mother. Besides, you seem to know so much about Christianity but fail to recognize that Ethiopia is home to the oldest translation of the bible, meaning the earliest form of biblical translation took place in Ethiopia. Long before Ethiopia was conquered by a foreign people. Ethiopia is also home to the ark of the covenant, crafted purposefully for the commemorative gesture for slavery in Egypt, passover and exodus, three occurrences that affected Israelite people in their search for a life. So do you mind telling me if Haile Selassie was an he heathen, or some clairvoyant dude who worked things to his own advantage so he could secure some political power...

But this sounds selfish of him. For instance, you're implying that Haile Selassie I acted along even to his own father, so he could fool his father that he was christian and holy and righteous but deep inside he was some selfish dictator who only sought to clinch power for his selfish reasons, and to say that against the king of kings is insult, you know, because he was born a prince and bore royal titles from a tender age.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/30/2020 9:11:02 PM

These sons of Gods, as you would like to call them, are real. So, why the hate?

It's well documented that "Sons of Gods" have reigned uninterruptedly from the days of Queen Makeda until the Zagwe dynasty. The bloodline has only been interrupted once, but if somebody else could trace his roots back to solomon and menelik, why the hate? It's like you want to say Israelite culture is a fairy tale and Israelites never existed.. but then who brought the ark of the covenant to Ethiopia? Or is it an Ethiopian creation for political power and oppression. IPXNINJA I mentioned someone that suffered from too much propaganda, but when you start a personal fight against a people (Israelites in this case), a people who have always existed from the beginning of time, I can only call it Tribal war, and I tell you Rasta don't deal with no tribal war, so your crown is dishonoured in my face.

You want to take away our life, our culture, our God and you even want to take away our king. What is it with you against the Israelite people? Nuh bother with the tribal war. Just cool and find your own seen.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/30/2020 9:47:47 PM

So I Insist that Haile Selassie could not have known these things from he was a child, unless he was A GOD and a super human. But here is a natural man who was born there and learnt all his education , whether religious or political, in Ethiopia.

If that is what you want to call christianity, a tool for leaders to ascend to power, then your missing the whole point in African roots and culture.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/30/2020 9:57:11 PM

Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 12/3/2020 2:17:31 AM

What I wonder is how you can say "burn the bible" and be a rastafarian as it goes against his teachings. Why are so many of you vegans if Haile Selassie ate meat?

And Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth. If Haile Selassie is not flawless then he is not just another king out of many? Malcom x. Martin Luther King etc.

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I