Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7455&start_row=1

Why the bible?

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 11/27/2020 6:08:58 AM

Hi everyone

My question: Why exactly is the Bible you follow?
Is it just because Haile Selassie suggested it to you? Why not the Quran? Why not Buddhism books?

If you are rasta does that mean you have to follow all Haile Selassie's words 100%? If so why do you have rastas who say you should burn the Bible?

Haile Selassie advocated clearly of the teachings of the Bible.

How does one be a true true follower of the faith, yet deny the teachings of Haile Selassie? For instance, How does one follow after “Rastafari” but not of his “words”?

Can one be rasta and disagree with any of what Haile Selassie said?

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/27/2020 9:22:25 AM

What do you think about the ark of the covenant of the almighty God of divine salvation, which is in a Christian church
in Ethiopia, and of the account of how it came to be in existence in Africa, Does this speak of realities or fabricated tales of mythicals? For the most part, an ancient ancestry have reigned over the ark since time immemorial which Ras Tafari was rightful heir to the throne of his fathers, seeing the other heir was a wayward son, and Emperor Selassie was in favour because of his Christian ways

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/27/2020 9:25:37 AM

Someone just crafted some fancy invention and fooled everyone that it dropped from the sky??
You guys crack me up

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/29/2020 2:28:10 AM

I think the bottom line here is that a massively wide rear is not a natural occurrence but an artificially induced condition, and a woman who does this things to her body lacks any IQ. You see the level of IQ a woman boasts is indirectly proportional to her wideness in her rear. I said its good for a woman to be fat, but not unnaturally.

Bastards and children of adulterers have zero common sense, because they're born of corruption.

Wrong thread again. This ganja is superb

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 11/30/2020 4:22:41 AM

The Bible is not holier than other scriptures.

Some rastas view the Bible as "The Holy Scriptures" but RasTafarI as a whole is not dependent on the Bible or any other book.

Many of the bible burners in RasTa are due to versions / slavery.

It also depends on how you view Haile Selassie. For example, I don't see HIM as flawless even though he is my Father/King forever. ESPECIALLY right now I am experimenting a lot with who RasTafarI is. Who he is to me. Because there are so many views on him.

If you ask BCIF, HIM is the perfect Christ sent down to do his duty. Therefore, he cannot be flawless through his eyes.

Some view him as Christ. Some view him as the godly King. IF you view him as christ like Jesus then the Bible is absolutely crucial right?

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/30/2020 4:39:43 AM

I would say that most people who read the bible were handed it by an authority figure; usually your parents. And often people are looking for morality to complete their neural social "programming". Church also provides a "club" where people can socialize so when you combine the social atmosphere with the social constructs and the sense of community that creates, the bible is the glue for all that. And beyond coming from authority, the bible claims to be a connection to the highest of authorities; a level of authority so high it had to be invented. And because people follow the fictional authority, no offense, it is easy for them to slip closer and closer into a type of mass delusion and borderline psychosis where they cannot live or breathe outside of the eco-chamber that reinforces their belief. Why? because their belief feeds their ego and makes them feel better than others. Even a poor person can be convinced they are rich in relation to others. And therefore, poor people can buy expensive clothes and shoes trying to prove they're not poor when everyone knows that if we were to look at their bank account we would feel nothing but sympathy. This is how many religions are.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/30/2020 4:40:06 AM

When you are king, you live for the people. The things you do become political in nature because people are following you. It is a burden. So just because Haile Selassie was a Christian... (and I may get attacked for saying this but that's okay), that doesn't actually mean that we KNOW his beliefs. Christianity was the religion of his family so to depart from it would have significant consequences. Selassie understood politics and how to use alliances to his advantage. Religion was an automatic alliance for a ruler. Either it solidified you with your people (if that religion represented the majority) or it made other countries want to be your ally instead of being enemies. I don't believe the Roman Emperor Constantine was a Christian either. And for that matter he may not have even been pagan.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/30/2020 4:40:23 AM

And honestly, I have serious doubts that Yeshua (Jesus) was religious (any religion). You cannot read about his life without seeing the controversial conflicts with religious people. Why? Because he could NOT become the messiah without religious influence/power. Impossible. The religious influence was so pervasive and so woven into the culture that ONLY a religious figure could rise to a high level of power and influence. When Yeshua's influence rose you saw the religious leaders attempt to check him and the only way out of these traps they set was to use his knowledge of their religion. But at the same time he didn't seem to like their religion because of how restrictive it was, and how unforgiving it was. For him to change anything he had to do so through religious authority, not against it.

So when I put myself into the mindset of kings that's when I realize how many of them could have felt trapped by religion, as something they had to do in order to appease the culture. And Selassie was very wise; too wise not to understand the need to play the game, to go with the flow rather than against. Going against the flow is for nameless revolutionaries who history will not remember.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/30/2020 5:01:20 AM

So what are you trying to say, that Haile Selassie was a foreigner in Ethiopia? Playing along with the culture and systems of the land in order to gain some advantage or purposes positive reason onto some throne? Your theory sounds hilarious, friend. This MAN WAS BORN THERE, He was one with his people, you know. Their customs were his customs, their blood his blood, their tribe very own his tribe, so he need not fake nothing in order to gain any advantage to any throne that was his right by blood. Besides, you seem to support the idea that some cunning fellow crafted a marvelous invention and fooled everyone that it came from above, and they made a church for it.

Up to Haile Selassie's reign, a foreign nation has never ruled over Ethiopia since medieval times. The Solomon if dynasty have reigned in Ethiopia before Christian times, only being temporarily defeated little after the coming of Christ; by the Zagwe dynasty. This is Ethiopian (African) history and not some storytales, friend.

Messenger: Black Christ in Flesh Sent: 11/30/2020 5:13:37 AM

After the tumultuous reign of the pagan Zagwe Dynasty, a youth named Yikunno Amlak of the tribe of David rose with his friends and restored the throne to the heirs of David. So the house of David live up to this Day, and you must be traitor to say the house of David dead.

Everyone knows what happened when the romans invaded Ethiopia (Africa) and carved out pieces for themselves, while taking us on a ride of long stories of legal procedure and thing, fi complete fool, and set up them thing.

Haile Selassie was an African, and so is the Solomon's dynasty which has reigned over Ethiopia from before Christian times, the sons of David, the African man. Even Jesus, the African star, attested and bore witness of the reign of God upon the throne of King David. A nuh American man me yah chat bout, Ethiopian man, from the tribe of Africa, from before ancient times

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I