Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7410&start_row=61

Mask Wearing is for the BUFFOON

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 169
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 10/26/2020 9:17:56 AM

Don't go to the left. Tedros is a killer. The left is terrorists region. Don't turn to the left. Tedros is a murderer. Millions have died because of the left and they will kill millions more. Don't go to the left.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 10/26/2020 9:20:20 AM

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/26/2020 12:20:19 PM

First, I give thanks for Cedric's post; a true voice of reason.

Secondly, I will always love BUJU. I love BUJU when he is right. And I love BUJU even still when he is wrong. I'm simply going to point out the errors in love because I love him. And "Blessed" is still my favorite song out there right now so don't stop listening to Buju's music, especially the song I'm going to use as a rebuttal to BUJU. I will let BUJU correct BUJU.

First here's what Buju said along with some commentary, pointing out that his own website was selling masks and his own daughters posted in disagreement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6oEKgXbOw&ab_channel=MedzItTV

So something we should keep in mind right off the bat is that Buju doesn't work a cash register like the little boy in the Blessed video. He doesn't have to come into contact with a steady stream of people who may or may not be infected with covid. So it's easy to talk, but what about those who you want their business to remain open but who die because of it? If they are a sole proprietor that business is going to close anyway if they die from covid-19. And no one should have to die to serve others.

Buju, I know you hate the lockdown but guess what? I'm sure you hated being locked up in jail too. Just like everyone else who has ever been locked up. And maybe you got some PTSD from that experience and now you feel like people are locked up over this virus. But it's not fair to put others lives in danger just so that things are more normal. And for all the stores that have to be open we need to protect both the customer and the employee. What's so hard to understand about this?

Buju, when AIDs was the main topic of conversation YOU made a song about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gInTx5fAPyQ&ab_channel=BujuBanton-Topic

LISTEN TO ALL THESE LYRICS.

Now substitute mask wearing for wearing condoms.

"AIDS a go round an mi don't waan catch it"

"Life is precious."

"Make sure yuh no HIV positive"

"There's no cure so we all haffi take precaution. Divided we fall but united we stand."

It is the SAME logic for wearing a mask, people. The same.

THERE IS STILL NO CURE FOR AIDS. And when AIDS was big in the media people, including entertainers spoke out. The media was the only way to inform so many people of how to protect themselves from contracting HIV. And musicians like Buju Bantan helped with that. Maybe some raggamuffin even wore a condom and didn't catch AIDS because he listened to Buju. And because Buju said it, maybe someone took it more seriously.

But this "they, they they"... it's always "they" when you don't like the message. It wasn't "they" when it was AIDS because Buju said he didn't want to catch it. Warnings of such things is not the same as fearmongering. Sirens don't go off for just one second. Sirens stay on so that more people can hear the warning.

Some times other people can see what you can't. Sometimes science detects a hurricane and the media tells you about it. Sometimes its a tornado. My house got hit by a tornado just last May and guess where the warning came from? The local news media.

So this "they they they" attitude is BS. You want to call it lies because you don't agree? You don't get to determine what's truth and what isn't. Me picking my roof up out of the street; that determined the facts and accuracy of the warning. People are dying. People are testing positive. Usain Bolt tested positive after his birthday party. These things are connected. You cannot make all this stuff up.

Businesses needed to close in order to figure out how to open back up more safely so that they weren't taking part in spreading a virus that could KILL people. Life is precious. Growing up, I heard that from you, Buju. And I loved you for it. But we should not advocate recklessly opening or operating businesses that could be making things worse. The more people have it the greater the potential to infect more people. 1 person can infect many others around them. If we want to get it under control we can't ignore it and think it's going to magically go away. Trump tried that.

He got infected.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/26/2020 12:25:10 PM

Buju also reacted to this idea that the virus follows certain people.

*sigh*

Buju... Viruses have DNA. Viruses are considered to be on the line between living and non-living organisms. DNA is genetic code and therefore it is BUILT to adapt. This is why viruses can mutate. So they replicate like the cells in your body but viruses aren't intelligent; they just cannot survive outside a host for very long. I suggest actually researching viruses before you start talking like you know more than people who study viruses for their livelihood while you sing (and may or may not have taken or tried to sell cocaine) for yours. They are not the media or the government. But if they have something to say, Mr. Voice of Jamaica, they cannot produce a reggae album to get their message out. They have to tell people in government and people who work in media so that the information gets into the right hands and so people can be informed. That's the purpose of journalism. All journalism isn't propaganda.

This thing with Michael Jackson and Cosby.

The media didn't make anyone love Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson was loved, just like Buju Bantan, because of his talents. And his celebrity rose even further due to him being a positive role model, helping sick children, etc. Not to mention he made very popular music. Reggae is world wide thanks to Bob Marley but not to the same level of acceptance as pop. But obviously, to raise your celebrity you have to keep making music and avoid getting into trouble that goes against your image. Compare, Will Smith vs Kid (from Kid n Play). It's not "the media" selecting people for stardom. Often times its a team effort and branding and whether what they're doing has mass appeal. If you ignore that then it is difficult to reach the same level of success.

The media doesn't make people love or hate. Michael Jackson developed a reputation for hanging out with children at "neverland ranch" which, if he was a regular guy without fame and fortune, most parents would be suspicious of any grown man wanting to have sleepovers with children that he's not even related to. Okay? But parents took their children there. And maybe some saw an opportunity to exploit that. And so they, not the media, made Michael's own ALREADY CONRTOVERSIAL behavior patterns into a scandal. Honestly he and the Jackson family should have seen it coming. But people simply either choose to believe his side of the story or the kids parents. The media just allows people on both sides to tell their story. It doesn't mean those people can't lie.

As far as Cosby goes, if Cosby hadn't joked about spanish fly, he probably wouldn't have been prosecuted. What he did was probably the same thing as many other celebrities. Many celebrities were doing drugs back then and women wanted to sleep with them. Trump talked about grabbing women by their vaginas because in his mind they allowed it because of his celebrity status. But that doesn't mean that some of those women didn't have expectations of using that person's celebrity to get some fame and fortune of their own. Once that didn't materialize then maybe they saw another way to get some or to get some compensation. I can't say all the women were lying nor can I say they were all telling the truth. But they used the media to tell their stories.

They may have been engaged by an unknown 3rd party who exploited what they knew about Cosby but again... Cosby allowed himself to be in these circumstances and dealt with these women on some level so you cannot totally blame "the media" as if it made up all these stories. And there doesn't have to be a hidden agenda of the media when it tells these stories because the agenda isn't secret. It's called ratings. The more scandalous it is the more people will tune in. The more people tune in the more it is worth to advertise on that channel and the more money they make as a result. Many celebrities have had stories told about them as part of the #metoo movement. But people are still free to decide whom to believe. I chose to believe Michael Jackson. I also chose to believe Cosby to a large extent. That doesn't mean the media makes up stories about them. And if they don't make up stories because they also need evidence to base such things on, then there's no reason to believe the media would make up a virus.

So using celebrities in this way just feels off to me. It's like saying you disagree with the weather forecast because its on the news and the news is "the media". Where else should they put the weather forecast? It's the news that pays for the weather forecasting equipment. The people who benefit from the science are typically the people who fund and invest in the science so that the accuracy improves. Why would media outlets put out false information? Don't you know that they want the public to trust them because that means more views and subscribers? So that whole logic makes no sense.

And Buju isn't even saying the virus doesn't exist (like the Agent is saying). He's confused, but he's saying it doesn't matter if it's real or not, if people die or not, we have to continue living and he thinks that means not being smart about the pandemic and listening to doctors and scientists. And that's where he's wrong. If the lockdowns were more strict in the beginning and masks were being worn from the beginning we could have been done with covid-19 in a manner of weeks. The ONLY reason we are not done is because too many people were trying to live with it instead of trying to stop it.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 10/27/2020 2:34:09 AM

Don't wear a mask

Masks are dangerous!

Second, masks can kill you.

Third, many are dying because of wearing masks.

And masks are causing many to become infected with this virus.

Don't wear a mask!

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 10/27/2020 2:37:45 AM

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 10/27/2020 2:53:12 AM

IPXninja, not interested in what the I had to say. Just saying..

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 10/27/2020 2:55:22 AM

Masks are causing people to get diseases.

Don't wear a mask

Masks are dangerous

Don't go to the left.

Tedros is a killer.

Fire burn the WHO

Fire burn the Pope in Rome

More fire upon the Vatican

Fire burn the wicked

Irie

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 10/27/2020 2:57:47 AM

IPXninja, I am not interested in what you think I am. Just to correct you. And also please I am not interested in what garbage you have to say. But please, don't stop posting here.

More fire upon the Wicked

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 10/27/2020 3:09:53 AM

Lets go to the Psalms:

In the Psalms, chapter 12, verse 5, I and I;

For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 169

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I