Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7407&start_row=1

BANK BLACK

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 8/17/2020 4:39:27 PM

https://www.oneunited.com/marcus-garvey-and-blacklivesmatter/

Hopefully, many of you already know about this bank. If not, all you need to know is this is the blackest bank you'll probably ever come across. They make no apologies about who they are, who they represent, and what the intention is with the money. I was able to get a checkings account with them so I can testify to a certain level of expected convenience. They have their own banking app (which is similar to other small banks) and everything is fully legit. They had been around for awhile before I signed up for anything. Even though it seems unsupportive it is a good practice to make sure something on this level is legit.

I'm posting this link because I believe in black economics as the primary pathway to freedom. If you agree look into this bank and consider opening an account.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 8/17/2020 6:54:22 PM

First off let me state this, I am not a businessman, I do not even collect money like the priests do, however I am curious about black economics. Noel Ignatiev who founded the organisation "Race Traitor" said we should learn to live more like black communities. I'm not sure that is a valid argument. "Know thyself" as it says above the oracle at delphi. I have read people argue for stealing from supermarkets and other big chains, I have read arguments for redistribution, "property is theft" as Proudhon said, but the Bible says "thou shalt not steal", so when is exchange justified, is it all just gambling or is there some sort of order in the chaos? Should whites "bank black" or only black, brown and red?

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 8/18/2020 10:08:18 AM

There were a lot of questions in there and I may not have all the answers but I'll answer what I can and hope others can fill in the blanks.

Excuse my shouting but I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA how "stealing" has ANYTHING to do with black economics. And I'm questioning whether I should be offended at this insinuation of a relationship. Black Economics is not about theft or redistribution. If you are stealing you are committing a crime and hurting the business you're stealing from. No one should do this or justify it.

Black economics is about how black people need to control the flow of money as it passes through our community. Whites don't have to worry about this and therefore don't need to consider "group economics" like the Chinese, Indians, etc. Other groups put their money together and buy assets. They can also get bank loans easier to start businesses. Money in the Jewish community bounces around in the Jewish community many times before it leaves. Money, like it or not, is the life blood of a community because everyone needs it to survive. That's why people who are economically anemic will consider theft as a way of life because they'd rather break the law than starve and that reality is valid but that should never be "the plan". That is the result of not having a plan and being failed by a society that simply doesn't care if you live or die.

Theft is what you get as a result of NOT participating in black economics.

Black people are presented as being poor because our poorest members are used as the example and often glorified for the criminal element. This is "thug life". When the legitimate markets deny them they turn into black market businessmen.

But what we need are legitimate business opportunities. Education is important but it is only part of the equation because more education prepares you for better jobs but if those better jobs don't want to hire you and you are dependent on someone else giving you a paycheck then that's still a problem. If blacks are hired at a lower rate than whites then we'll always be disproportionately affected by unemployment.

The basic white economy is genius (for keeping money and power in their own pockets). I often say that their money has a boomerang attached because they pay you and you quickly are giving the money right back. In order to weaken our dependence we have get money from outside our community and invest in our own businesses so that we can spend that money inside our communities. The more we do that, the further that money goes and the more our businesses can generate money from outside our community as well.

If we can get to the point where we have more money coming into our community than going out... that's when we're building wealth naturally, not how it is now where talented black people are almost randomly selected by the entertainment industry to become millionaires and then they have to try and leverage that success in business and other investments. But since there is a shortage of black owned businesses (outside the hair industry) even black millionaires are constantly giving that money back to the white community through white businesses and real estate.

So what we need, and this is more than just about survival but about changing the whole system, is for there to be more capital available to black people who want to start their own businesses. There are tons of ideas out there that simply do not have capital to get started. It's not because we are incapable, because we run businesses for other people all the time. It's because we don't invest in ourselves and there isn't enough money invested in us by others. But it shouldn't be up to them.

If you're white should you BANK BLACK?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

The banks you're already investing in by having an account... are they helping you personally? No, most of that money is helping white people who already have wealth and power. It does not help the many whites who are below the poverty line, including those who often live in worse conditions than black people. And who do they hire? And who do they pay fair wages to?

Sometimes whites support black owned businesses much more than black people do because (one example I personally know) they have black children. So it's not about their color, it's about their understanding of the problem and their willingness to do something about it. If you only do something because you see how it affects your child, cool we'll take it. But it shouldn't take having a black child to say "Hey... I should support black owned businesses and black banks because I see how this community is struggling under white supremacy".

Sometimes non-blacks get confused and think certain things are "just for black people", especially since Daymond John named his original brand FUBU (For Us By Us). This capitalized on support from the black community but since he was a smart capable businessman he rolled his success into other things. So this is what I'm saying as a pathway forward. White supremacy can only dominate us if we are dependent on its pockets. If we can take our money and invest it in ourselves to the point where we have built our own thriving economy then we wont have that dependence. Even racist white people want the same thing for us because they hate black people being dependent and therefore competing for jobs THEY believe should naturally belong to them if it wasn't for Affirmative Action which does NOT do hardly anything like what they think it does.

But back to Daymond John. Now that he is wealthy you can see him on Shark Tank putting his money into any business he thinks will be profitable for him, not thinking "should a black man invest in a white business?"

We put our money in white banks, white products, without hesitation and MOST often before we do the same for black companies and black owned products. We take pride in overpaying for the high priced white designer clothing label. Our athletes endorse white shoe companies who exploit their names but where does the money go?

Black people contribute billions of dollars to the economy every year, but where does that money go? And the fact is that we support white businesses MUCH MORE than whites ever support ours. And that's partially the fault of not enough black owned businesses existing to be options for white consumers. But that starts with banks and who can get those loans. This is why I'm saying BANK BLACK. I don't care how non-black you are. Color doesn't matter. It's about support for a better future where black people are less dependent on white society. Everyone should contribute to that future and be able to do so proudly. And when whites can pump billions into black companies like black people do theirs... maybe then we can have equality and true freedom.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 8/19/2020 3:44:14 AM

IP, I generally buy Anglo-American tobacco or British-Imperial as both I believe support farmers in Zimbabwe.

My father has an account with an Anglo-Cuban investment fund but I only have an ISA with the British building society Nation Wide and there's not very much in it.

I've banked with NatWest since my student days, they're now saying that the only way I can write off my student loan is if I sign an affidavit saying that I promise never to work again which I think is a disgrace, it implies that there is no hope of recovery from a disability, which is not true, all problems can be resolved in time, and then you move on to the next one.

Anyway, each to there own, I'm curious whether the two currency system is a quirk of the Cuban economy only or a model to be copied? Do you think there is room for improvement to it?

Also with regards to interest, the standard Islamic model which I have come to realise is also Biblical and shared by Jewish law as well, is to tax non-muslims. What does this mean? Essentially, you tax those who don't submit to the highest law. I think this is just, it is only when you apply it on a label based protocol that it becomes problematic.

Salahtuoiyameen Salaam Jah

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 8/19/2020 8:53:13 AM

1. having multiple currencies in terms of paper or coin is silly and may simply be transitional. However, everyone has multiple currencies whether they realize it or not. There are online currencies, mobile game currencies, etc. Stocks and bonds can be considered currencies to some degree too.

2. supporting products from Africa or even a white label product owned by a black person is all good. If you can do more, cool. If you can't, that's okay. Everyone should do their part according to their own conscience. When I say BANK BLACK I don't mean you have to take all your money out of non-black banks. No... just open an account with a black bank that supports black businesses and keep some money in it. You haven't lost that money. Any time you need it, it's still there just like a regular account anywhere else. But while it's sitting there the bank is able to leverage it to fund bank loans. You lose NOTHING. And at the same time, someone else wins who needs that win.

3. I don't know anything about NatWest or your student loans which I imagine has its own obstacles but student loans in general are rarely ever written off, forgiven, or discarded. They can stay with you your entire life. I don't care who you bank with. Student loan debt most often survives even declaring bankruptcy because you have to show that paying it back will be a hardship which is not normally the case because in most cases student loan payments can be made extremely low because they allow so much time to pay back.

4. The difference in taxation between Jew and "goyim" or "gentile" is really based on the biblical rule that non-Israelites could be charged high interest on a loan. The concept of interest is extremely old and they even knew back then how dangerous it could be. Without banks people still needed loans but then how do you pay back those loans? This is why so many people had to work for other people and it was typically a period of 7 years. In many countries, this "servitude" was more akin to the way we have jobs today. But for some cultures they treated their servants as "slaves" and in the bible they considered it okay to beat them because they, under Moshe, regarded them as property.

I don't believe Yeshua liked the Mosaic system but it was impossible to confront head on because Moshe was considered the voice of Jah. Another man cannot claim the same thing disagreeing with the previous voice. So instead he told parables and talked about love. When you consider love then people should not be property, nor should you charge them high interest rates to keep them as servants or slaves for a longer period of time. If you love them you should desire for them to be free and happy. Because that's what you want for yourself.

In my point of view, the American economy was quietly engineered to make black people a permanent servant class. That's why it is difficult to move up into key positions, especially management with hiring decisions, unless you're managing a fast food restaurant and the people you're hiring are low wage and low skill labor. This is not something publicly discussed but black professionals in many fields have felt this and run into these ceilings. This isn't to say that things aren't getting better. They are because some of the old attitudes are slowly changing. But leaving our futures to the whims of social evolution isn't wise.

Thanks for your questions.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 8/20/2020 8:21:04 AM

You'll forgive me for being a bit flippant again, IP, I'm not interested in dealing with finances at the moment for personal reasons, not that I wouldn't consider banking with Garvey and BLM in the future,

With regards to NatWest, I don't know anything about them either, the name "National Westminster Bank" suggests a link to government, but then I suppose all banks have links to government, so I've no idea, it was just the one that was offering the best deal at uni when I first had to open an account, and I've stuck with them so far,

I don't even really know what the difference between a "building society" and a "bank" is, I always thought a building society was a kind of co-operative or mutual aid group, whereas a bank was a private enterprise for shareholders, but that still doesn't really explain the subtleties of the difference in legal status between the two types of financial institutions to me,

I know that Abbey National used to be a building society but became a bank, names and labels are funny things and as you say just silly, I never thought of coins and paper as being two types of currency before, perhaps the idea really does go back to ancient times, at any rate, Abbey National sounds like it is linked to the church, but who knows, that might be all branding propaganda as well,

Don't know if there are any Jamaican banks, would be curious about that, it's probably all still under the auspices of the bank of england and the fed to be honest,

They say only Cuba and North Korea have truly independent banks these days and some people say now it's only North Korea, but there's been a one world government since the time of Kemet, if not before, so I'm not sure it is anything to worry about,

Of course boundaries are necessary, because without them we would all become soup and nobody would be able to perceive anything except bright light, a beautiful vision but a boring one to my mind,

The coffee trade has been hit hard by COVID, but it seems to be picking up a little now,

To be honest it was ailing way back in 2018 when people decided that it was a crude form of metaphore for blackness, coffee really isn't that subtle in taste for a lot of people, however it dates back to Eithiopia as far as I know, so I think the real reason is the abuse of ownership that has come about with the introduction of companies like Starkbucks and Nero,

Anwyay, oil and not electricity remains the main driver of the economy, let us just hope that this can continue without endangering us all,

Climate change remains the major obsticle to growth, barring godly intervention from the Orishas or Jinn (ETs_ it seems to me that we will have to be more disciplined if we are to survive a drop in population levels, I personally do not put much faith in the stars, but I do think politicians are coming to their senses now about how serious the issue is,

LEt us pray that humanity continues to put itself first, and also love and respect life as it is everywhere,

As one meme I saw had the Earth saying to man, "Stop trying to save me already, I'll be fine, it's you guys who are f*cked!"

Salaam Jah Bee

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 8/21/2020 8:35:22 AM

I'm not asking you to bank with a black owned bank outside the US. I'm not even promoting random black owned banks in the US. Why? Because not every black owned bank is going to behave as such. So whether it's in England, Jamaica, or wherever, the question is how are they serving the black community. Obviously, a bank in JA is going to give loans to black people in Jamaica or else they simply wouldn't be giving any loans out. However, banks in majority non-black nations or states can choose. And they may serve white communities better under the belief that those loans are more secure.

I linked to one particular bank and that is the only bank I feel good about promoting and supporting right now. They check the boxes for me that needed to be checked. They're not pretending to be a white bank owned by black people. They are unapologetic and that's what we need. Because when you don't pretend... when you advertise as such... then you are trying to attract black money into your bank. And so it's not just their money that they're investing. It's the wealth of the black community that desires to invest in the black community. That's what's different about this bank and that's why I'm supporting it. This is what it means to BANK BLACK so that you're actually affecting the economy in the black community. Other banks, if they're not supporting black owned business to a large degree, simply aren't moving the needle and should be abandoned for one that is.

For example...

If you wanted to donate to ending world hunger... and you have 2 charities with their hands out... which do you choose? The one with the highest overhead and splits 70% of the money into causes that have nothing to do with world hunger? Or the charity where 90% of the money donated goes to ending world hunger?

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I