Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7395&start_row=21

Creationism vs Evolution

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 8/31/2020 3:36:03 PM

I'm not interested in magic tricks or a performance. I'm in my 40s. I've seen a lot.

And of course you want money. Isn't that what every miracle performer wants, in some form or another? It is that desire for money that proves my point, that people have been performing for thousands of years, mixing real understandings of nature together with false stories of talking spirits.

Now let me tell you where I leave room for possibilities...

There is a book called the Cosmic Serpent. You can get the ebook probably for like $5.

It deals with experiences people have under the influence of certain herbs so I think its up your alley and I think you would enjoy it and find it intriguing.

These experiences are sometimes very similar to each other. So this is not like 2 different people both seeing God in a vision and one person sees a white man and the other a black man. This is multiple people seeing a representation in the same form.

So I leave room for the possibility that nature is deeper than we currently understand and that the mind/imagination uses images in symbolic fashion to help us see and understand things. But as for dudes in robes acting holy and trying to dictate religion, I'll pass.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 9/1/2020 4:50:06 AM

This just proves to me how assumptions can be proved wrong by stronger assumptions.

To my mind the world is manifested by making assumptions, all of mathematics is based on assumptions, but there is a hierarchy of assumptions' reach. Those that reach furthest are said to be stronger.

I had assumed that you, IP, were in your seventies, indeed I had even gone as far as to assume that you were an Afro-Cuban facebook friend of mine living in the States.

Here you say you are in your forties, so the assumption is proved wrong.

Science is a combination of making assumptions and checking against reality.

You don't have to check against reality, but reality has a habit of checking against your, primarily because there is always a stronger assumption.

This is evolution in action.

Give thanks.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 9/3/2020 9:43:44 AM

@Geez

LOL, why did you think I was so old? If you don't mind me asking.

Messenger: Geez Che Sent: 9/3/2020 7:33:20 PM

You have obviously accumulated a vast amount of experience, you talk like my father, just with Biblical stories substituted for ancient Greek ones, I myself am in my forties.

I have no way of telling anything, all I have is wishful thinking and I find that shapes my reality until my reality crashes into unreality.

My mother thinks that the main reason I approach Rastas is to seek justification of my youthful use of marijuana, be it religious or scientific.

I really don't know anything anymore, I want to comment on your post about men women and sex but I'm not sure where to begin.

Give thanks.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/5/2020 1:56:54 PM

Geez: My mother thinks that the main reason I approach Rastas is to seek justification of my youthful use of marijuana, be it religious or scientific.

I think the real reason is because you seek a common connection that isn't subject to race, color, or any other classification. That is what we call one love. And it's a beautiful thing.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 25

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I