Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7374&start_row=1

Rastafari in Mainstream

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/11/2020 7:45:16 AM

One Love!

Why are there no Rastafari voices in the BLM movement? Are they not compatible or are they?

Is Rastafari movement and culture in mainstream going be limited to reggae music this decade?

Is it necessary for Rastafari people to merge into the greater whole of societies while maintaining livity to help in the development and progress of mankind and future civilization?

Or is it more important to be separating from greater society(if thats even possible)?

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 7/12/2020 1:05:19 AM

Inity and oneness

The I King jesse said :
"Or is it more important to be separating from greater society(if thats even possible)?"

Yes, and yes it is possible.
Remember the whole point of nazareen vow is to separate self from them until the time when the I vow is accomplish.
As long as we carry locked crowns, we must behave different, learn to be self sufficient and not dependent on a confused society. We love everyone but lets get Rastafari organized and centralized like our Baba asked us to do first. Then we can think about them....

Just one view, even if a bit utopian.

Raspect i beloved idren

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 7/12/2020 1:12:25 AM

I cant say there are no Rastafari in BLM.
If the I has time to check the recent BLM thread, you can sight iman asking for more info and oppinions on BLM, bcos i dont know much about it. Rather hear from yalls then check some google search.lol

I give ankhs

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 7/12/2020 4:16:26 AM

One Blessed Love Iyah,

Good questions to reason on Bredren.

The I asked, "Why are there no Rastafari voices in the BLM movement? Are they not compatible or are they?"

Iman don't sight them as compatable. They are not focused on the betterment of Black lives. In my town they are linked up with ANTIFA. They have destroyed businesses here, one of which is Black owned. They protest with assalt rifles. They are mixed up with the LGBTQ and all of that business. NOT Rasta business.

The I asked, "Is Rastafari movement and culture in mainstream going be limited to reggae music this decade?"

Iman see ones and ones still holding Ises, Nyahbinghi chanting, the Bobo Ashanti spreading all kinds on knowledge. RastafarI people doing much works outside of reggae music; the Ithem write books, make videos, give lectures around the world. Honerable Priest Isaac, Honerable Priest Kailash, Ras Flaco to name a few who are doing such works.

The I asked, "Is it necessary for Rastafari people to merge into the greater whole of societies while maintaining livity to help in the development and progress of mankind and future civilization? Or is it more important to be separating from greater society(if thats even possible)?

Nothing new under the sun Iyah. Makes I think of what happened with the Buddha's students after He passed on from this life... I think both are necessary, and ones and ones will find what way is best the Ithem.

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 7/12/2020 8:24:58 AM

Wisemind Jahcub I.
Very logical thoughts iyah

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 7/15/2020 3:58:50 AM

Blessed Love Idren

Jessep86, Bless up King. Give thanks for the questions starting this reasoning session. I think there numerous different answers to those questions, and every Ras could answer them differently and they would still all be correct haha. I will attempt to reason I sight.

I think this is evidence of the effectiveness of babylon’s designed program of division: that InI actually feel compelled to reason about if Rastafari is compatible with the Black Lives Matter movement. Maybe I am being dramatic, but to me that seems like the essence of how babylon is effective at turning InI against each other.

I man sight the word “compatible” does not require the definition “the same”. So I think at the very least, InI should try to entertain the thought that the Black Lives Matter movement is compatible with Rastafari. I man not trying to stand on a pulpit or defend every action of what I would consider a loosely organized movement. As Jahcub I pointed out, at times protests and riots have damaged communities and black owned businesses. I think BLM’s responsibility for inciting those instances of massive property damage is debatable. I think the slightly confused and privileged youths in fantasy anarchist groups were guilty of a lot of the property damage. InI can sight BLM seems to be fighting many different battlefronts at one time, which in I man’s opinion can quickly limit the amount of people the message reaches. This quickly feeds into babylon’s program of dividing InI based on politrickall opinions.

I don’t know how far I want to defend groups that I don’t have an active role in participating in, or even that much firsthand experience with, so just for the sake of reasoning I man would say InI should check the foe of ANTIFA is fascism. Another group that protests with assault rifles? The police. Are all InI Rastafari going to stand resolute against homosexuals who are working to confront the outequity of black people and people of color being killed by police? Not I man. I know this is not a popular topic among Rases, and I man not trying to confuse or detour the reasoning away from the simple statement that black people and people of color need equal rights. InI know that fight needs to take priority. I will say for the record that I man would argue that according to the law of JAH, any adult LGBTQ person engaging in consensual acts would be transgressing less than any racist or even ignorant white person.

As far as Rastafari in the mainstream this decade, InI will just have to wait and see how the decade unfolds I guess. As Jahcub I states, nuff ways Rastafari people working and influencing the modern world for righteousness. Eventually it will be InI that inherit the earth, so then Rastafari will be the mainstream. Will it happen in this decade? A lot of things are happening at once in these days. Give thanks for Haile Selassie I guidance and JAH protection.

Very good reasonings from Evison and Jahcub I relating to Rastafari merging with or remaining separate from society.

Evison, bless up for reminding InI that the vow of the Nazarite is to keep oneself separate from society.

Jahcub I, bless up for sighting that both paths are necessary and InI have the freedom to choose and reason the best way forward.

HAILE SELASSIE I GUIDE INI FUTURE

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 7/17/2020 1:56:45 AM

Giving thanks to all here.

The problem I see with BLM and LBGQT is that they do not promote nuclear family. Mother Father and CHild. It is the root of many problems including blacks ending up in prisons. It is crucial to have a father. Not only that but poverty is many times the result of single mothers and single fathers. Black crimes have risen and divorce rates have risen the past 70 years like crazy in African american communities. The LBGQT does not promote a holy trinity family on mother father child but they promote some perverse sexual miseducation in elementary school I dont even want to mention along with teaching kids its okay to want to become a girl if your a boy or a boy become a girl and get hormone therapy and surgery on private parts.
This all leads to promiscuity and a perverse sexual appetite fueling never satified...All these are linked to human trafficking and modern day slavery.
"10,949 cases of human trafficking were reported in 2018—the highest amount in a single year since Polaris began operating the National Hotline in 2007. Of those, 7,859 were sex trafficking cases and 1,249 were labor trafficking cases." (USA ALONE)

Why doesnt BLM talk about modern day human trafficking?

Marriage and family in JAH sight IS SACRED

How many black children were killed by abortions? They do not mention this. They dont teach African ways. Correct me if Im wrong.

Is anything BLM talks about or does resonate with the following? if not I highly question compatibility or alligence, we shall know a tree by its fruits....

"Social, friendly, humanitarian, charitable, educational, institutional, constructive and expansive society, and is founded by persons desiring to do the utmost to work for the general uplift of the people of African ancestry of the world. And the members pledge themselves to do all in their power to conserve the rights of their noble race and to respect the rights of all mankind, believing always in the Brotherhood of Man and the Fatherhood of God. The motto of the organization is 'One God! One Aim! One Destiny!' Therefore, let justice be done to all mankind, realizing that if the strong oppresses the weak, confusion and discontent will ever mark the path of man but with love, faith and charity towards all the reign of peace and plenty will be heralded into the world and the generations of men shall be called Blessed."

-Marcus Garveys Universal Negro Improvement Association Constitution

Messenger: Kiwiman Sent: 7/17/2020 3:42:00 AM

Give thanks to this online community of Rasta.

I grew up with white boy racists who say bad words about others like nigger, gook etc. These manchild guys sexist too say 'titties' when they see wombman walking and behave just like 'good old boys' in movies.

InI agree all reason before and also share 'Babylon conditioning vehicle'

In small defence of BLM I reason many people like my early life acquaintances are now changing. However BLM is only the white bread of life.

Rasta is the wholegrain unprocessed and infinitely better.

But for a starving man the white bread is better than nothing.

Africa is poised to be an economic powerhouse and is rapidly rising economically. Babylon want westernised africans to return and start businesses. China invest plenty and Africa changing very rapidly now.

$$$ BLM is a part of that Babylon economic plan for the African continent $$$

Praise Jah and praise the creation.

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 7/17/2020 5:45:52 PM

Blessed Love Idren

Jessep86, Bless up. I man give thanks for the I posting a quote from Marcus Garvey’s UNIA Istitution.

In I man’s response, I want InI to acknowledge HIM Haile Selassie I teach InI to be impartial and nonpolitical in all InI actions. I think the I is fully aware, not trying to pretend education. I start with this because I think InI should check that our emotions do not play an overwhelming role when reasoning about the law or transgressions. I man think it is important to reason based in facts. Not trying to admonish the I for showing emotion, saying I man sight babylon effectively utilizes InI emotions to sow division and confusion into InI reasoning and relations.

If InI scrutinize any group of people, InI might be able to find many valid reasons why I didn’t agree or support their views. I think it is important to look at the broad picture of what that group stands for and works towards, before InI pass judgement for or against that group’s position as an ally of Rastafari, or for that group’s views as a whole.

When I man reference the Law, I like to sight the Fetha Nagast. This is the Law of Ithiopia that was enforced when HIM Haile Selassie I became Emperor. This is -before- HIM granted the people of Ithiopia a modern Istitution to govern and modernize their laws, and share the power of individuals to shape the government and Law that rules them as a people. Personally I man sight that as a similarity to how Jesus or Yeshua changed some of the definitions of the Law of Moshe or Moses, as InI are reasoning elsewhere on this forum. but that is a tangent.

If any of InI are not familiar with the Fetha Nagast I would be happy to include direct quotes and citations, but if InI can reference that as sort of “the most harsh” punishments for transgressions against the Most High, InI can see the stated punishments due for specific transgressions.

Fornicators in general are to have their noses cut off and beaten. The law goes into all the different definitions of what is a fornicator and the varied punishments for each crime. Quite a ways down the list, InI can find reference to a fornicator who commit’s the “sins of Gomorrah” is punishable by the sword. InI can sight from modern biblical scholars that Gomorrah could reference either all homosexuality, or an excess of, and unhealthy sexual desire including rape and other non-consensual acts. That is up for InI to investigate and reason on for Iself. Lets say it includes all homosexuals or any homosexual act. The Fetha Nagast also teaches InI to act with mercy and patience and forgiveness and to be careful and humble and calm and good, among many other peaceful and justice minded virtues. It mentions the “sins of Gomorrah” one more time later in the text in reference to those people should “stay with those who beg forgiveness all their life”. I would say that alludes to their punishment being less than death.

As for abortion, the Fetha Nagast only uses that term for “if a man makes a woman abort with poison and lies with her”. Later in the same paragraph it makes reference to if “women who commit adultery, kill their children, and hide their death” and the punishment for that was for that woman to be excommunicated from the community for ten years. I could see the argument that the words “killing her children” could relate to abortion, but why not use the words “abort her children” if they just used that word earlier in the paragraph? So to me they are talking about a woman who kills her children who are living outside her womb, and they don’t even reference a woman making the incredibly difficult decision of aborting the child inside her womb, or the automatic legal punishments that should go along with that.

The reason why I bring these examples up, is because I think these two topics are perfect examples of how babylon divides InI based on political stances that don’t really relate to the law. They do incite people’s emotions, and they use that to pretend there is difference worthy of division. InI Rastafari can see InI need to work on the world’s problems together in Inity. I man NEVER want to promote abortion. The process of getting an abortion safely should not be something that the law denies to a wombyn that has to make that decision. InI bredren will NEVER overstand what that decision feels like.

Another reason why I use these examples specifically is because the I questions if they teach African ways. It is a european idea that the Most High hates homosexuals or abortion. Check it Rasta: The idea of a genderless Almighty comes from Africa. Ancient Egyptian “gods” and Pharaohs were often depicted as androgynous. Matriarchal societies come from Africa. InI really think early stage abortion wouldn’t be legal in a matriarchal society? Pre-genocide and even in traditions today, Native American Nations honor the few who are BORN as “two spirit”, who’s body doesn’t represent the gender they are. I know Native women knew herbal medicine and used a form of birth control.These are only two limited areas of knowledge I have on these subjects, but I man trying to say that the european christian mindset perpetuates the hatred of homosexuals and abortion. I think all to protect the necessity in that culture of obtaining a male heir, but that definitely leads to a different discussion.

I man not trying to discredit the sacredness of the combination of man and wombyn, or the creation of life, or the sacredness of family. I agree, the benefits of having a mother and father is indispensable to a child. I man is lucky to be one of the privileged ones that had the guidance and influence of a mother and father in I upbringing. I sight that I may be unable to see the extent of how that benefitted I. Still, I man say InI can promote and live all those things, including InI not hating others for transgressions of the law that are really not that big of an issue (but are amplified by babylon to incite an emotional response and create division).

I don’t really support the notion that somehow the youth are going to be tricked into choosing the wrong gender simply because InI don’t prosecute the minority of children or adults that tell InI they feel different. Seen? This isn’t about allowing or promoting any form of non-consensual acts perpetrated on the youth. This is about if I try to remember back when I was a real little youth, learning about I self and I interests, if someone taught me in school that I could be a girl if I wanted, I probably would have just laughed and thought “no thanks, I like cars so I know I’m a boy.” That is because like all InI, I knew how I felt. If I was sitting there as one of the few little youth who was confused why it didn’t make sense why I liked playing with dolls more than cars, and everyone around me told me it was a sin to express a different gender than what I body “showed” the world, I might get all sorts of confused about what is right and wrong as I developed and live in the world. I might even hate myself and want to die. Should that really be the punishment that goes along with the “act” of expressing one’s gender? And remember, we live in a modern society where the Law is allowed to be reasoned and decided upon by righteous Idren that promote Love.

Lets talk about transgressions of the law that are punishable by death. Someone killing a person for instance. Stealing is punishable by death, especially when that includes kidnapping. Now, last I checked that is the entire legacy of white nationalism and white supremacy and the legacy of amerikkka and the modern system of militarized police forces, among many other overt or covert programs that are working against InI. If a random ass white person chooses to deny (not even argue against) white privilege by not working to educate themselves, they are actively engaging with the shytstem on their own behalf for their own benefit. They are choosing to look past the transgressions of all the individual slave owners and kidnappers that devised the amerikkkan program that perpetuates to today. Then they have the audacity to work division among InI for a supposed transgression based on fringe biblical laws and issues. Seen I? babylon rejoicing when InI denounce BLM because they support LGBTQ rights.

The quote the I selected from Marcus Garvey’s UNIA Istitution even proclaims ”Let justice be done to all mankind, realizing that if the strong oppresses the weak, confusion and discontent will ever mark the path of man but with love, faith and charity towards all the reign of peace and plenty will be heralded into the world and the generations of men shall be called Blessed." I don’t see how that couldn’t relate to the message of BLM or even LGBTQ for that matter. Lets not forget that ancient babylon had sex cults that pale in comparison to today’s hyper-sexualized society. I don’t think I need to support this with more detail. I man not saying InI should abandon dignity or promote conmiscuity and excess fornication. I man making the argument that InI conveniently avoiding many more serious transgressions if InI criticize BLM and deny them as an ally because their movement chose to include the fight for LGBTQ rights.

I still don’t want any of this reasoning to take away from the fight that needs to be InI priority, which is to rid InI world of racism and downpression of black people and all people of color.

HIM HAILE SELASSIE I IMPARTIAL

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 7/18/2020 3:05:29 PM

Evison Matafale Skræling,

The I said, "Remember the whole point of nazareen vow is to separate self from them until the time when the I vow is accomplish.
As long as we carry locked crowns, we must behave different, learn to be self sufficient and not dependent on a confused society. We love everyone but lets get Rastafari organized and centralized like our Baba asked us to do first. Then we can think about them...."

True Iyah, InI must separate Iselves from Babylon ways, not being dependent on their wicked system. Rather InI must be self sufficient, by troding RastafarI ways.

When InI follow RastafarI ways, then Babylon ways shall fade away.

Blessed

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 22

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I