Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7356&start_row=21

Seeking advice

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/13/2020 4:42:19 AM

Thank you so much Cedric

I will definitely search for that book

Is there a special book about Marcus Garvey you can suggest?

Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/13/2020 4:42:19 AM

Thank you so much Cedric

I will definitely search for that book

Is there a special book about Marcus Garvey you can suggest?

Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/13/2020 5:34:06 AM

Another thing I would ask is: Why were ancient Egyptians black. All the cave paintings and statues of them look more Middle Eastern / brown. They do not have big lips and black skin. So i'm curious. I have heard many black freedom fighters say that the first Egyptians were black

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 6/13/2020 10:55:51 AM

Yes I King

The I is very welcome, I man happy to help.

Cheikh Anta Diop reasons on the specific issue of skin color of the Egyptians, another great reason why I think it would be a good book for the I. In summary from what I remember, there can be no doubt that Ancient Egyptians had black color skin. It is important to note that in the ancient world, the importance of skin color was not nearly as important as our modern world tries to impose on us.
Western "Egyptologists" are quick to point out that the hieroglyphs depict Egyptians as having brown skin as their proof, but this is limited in information. If one looks at the whole picture of Africa and Egypt at the time of their Empire, we can see a larger picture. The Egyptians held the Nile as sacred, and all maps drawn at the time had South pointing up. These are some proofs that the origin of Egypt's Empire originated further upstream the Nile. To the south of Egypt was the Empire Nubia, the pictures of who are also depicted in Egyptian hieroglyphs but with a darker skin. Cheikh Anta Diop theorizes the differences of the color of skin in hieroglyphs is because the Egyptians saw themselves as different and more advanced than the Nubian people, but not necessarily to show difference in ethnicity.

The proof for this theory actually comes from many of the sculptures from the Ancient Egyptians and how strikingly African their facial features are. Through the years Egypt has seen many invaders and thieves that have changed the story that is given to us about what Ancient Egypt was truly like. Many statues of Egyptian leaders with African features were purposely defaced or destroyed. An anecdotal story I have heard is that Napoleon used the Sphinx as target practice for his cannons because the nose looked too African. In fact many busts of Egyptian pharaohs have very African features, specifically nose and lips. I encourage the I to read further the works of Cheikh Anta Diop and other African scholars on this subject.

The list I wrote for Blake in my first post included my favorite book about Marcus Garvey, "The Philosophies and Opinions of Marcus Garvey" This book includes many speeches of Mr. Garvey, compiled by his wife. I believe the copy that I have includes court transcripts from Marcus Garvey's trial where Babylon falsely accuses and convicts him of fraud, and proves that his conviction was only attained by an unjust and racist system, and in my opinion speaks to comparisons made of the figures Marcus Garvey being similar to John the Baptist in the new testament. I will look when I get home to make sure it is the same book.

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND

BLESSED LOVE IDREN

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 6/13/2020 1:05:01 PM

Bless Up CaveMan,

You asked, "What would you want instead of capitalism. Communism? It has almost ruined just as much. Or would you like a 3 ideology? What is the perfect society with the perfect ideology in your opinion?"

No isms for I. It is RastafarI for I.
Haile Selassie I's Constitutional Monarchy is for I. In my opinion, a society ruled by Earths Rightful Ruler would be perfect.

I don't care much for polytricks or polyticks.

His Majesty's words always comes to mind, "Democracy, republics: What do these words signify? What have they changed in the world? Have men become better, more loyal, kinder? Are the people happier? All goes on as before, as always. Illusions, illusions. Besides, one should consider the interest of a nation before subverting it with words. Democracy is necessary in some cases and We believe some African peoples might adopt it. But in other cases it is harmful, a mistake."

You said, "Btw Marcus Garvey: He said Africa for the Africans: Does that mean that if you are white you must not live in africa or what?"

Africa for the Africans means just that. When Marcus Garvey spoke these words, Ethiopia was the only independent African country. The rest of Africa was being ruled by Europe.

Marcus Garvey also said Europe for the European. Seen?

Every people has a homeland. No people should rule another peoples homeland. And if a people wants to travel to foreign lands and live there; they should remember that they are a guest in that land.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 6/13/2020 1:46:13 PM

CaveMan also asked,
"and what about medicine

I know you only use organic products
My mom broke her leg. They gave her drugs to anesthetize her from the pain. Should she just keep it natural and then suffer throughout the process? What about chemical medicine that saves a lot of lifes?"

There are natural meds that work for pain. Remember that all of Babylon's drugs are derived outta nature.

It is best to go the natural route, find an herbalist or naturopathic doctor to help. There is no need to suffer. Truly it is a long term use of babylon meds that will cause one to suffer.

Chemical meds be a last resort... There are better ways than chemical meds. Know that JAH Provide.

JAH Love and Guidance
Health and Wellness

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2020 2:34:56 AM

Rastafari is a response against WHITE supremacy slavery and colonialism, in order to save black people

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 6/14/2020 3:28:41 PM

Nope, never had anyone suggest ginger. Never had anyone suggest anything, come to think of it, other than to eat a hamburger. Not a lot of vegans near me. I should probably find somewhere else to live. But the last time I had motivation to do that, I wasn't smoking weed. Then I ended up in the skydiving lifestyle where everyone was doing crazy drugs, and alchohol was a part of etiquette. Luckily, I don't care about etiquette, so I didn't quite fall into that trap with the alchohol, but I did get my cigarette and weed habit back.

I did get a "hangover" so bad once, that I had a panic attack or something on the plane and had to ride the plane back down, 'cus I felt like I was suffocating and my heart rate was going sky high. That was when I started to think my raw veganism, and especially alchohol, was a bad idea. But I also did whippets for the first time. I think those were unhealthy too. I did shrooms for the first time, that's when I realized weed was the wrong substance for me. I would take shrooms every day if I could, but I don't know where to get them.

Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/14/2020 4:27:50 PM

Thank you for all answers

I will seek from here

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/15/2020 4:02:35 PM

I'm going to put this very simply.

Ancient people were all brown.

Different shades and hues. They didn't get separated by color. They got separated by geography, tribe, and nation.

Black people in the US are many different shades of brown. The only reason we say "black" today is in contrast to the racial construct of whiteness that whites invented. No offense intended. Just facts.

But everyone (including whites) came from Africa.

And yes, there are some black people who are confused and don't know these things and some of them think the darker you are the more black/African you are. This is not true.

One of the oldest tribes still in existence is the San Tribe of Africa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_people

If you look at their pictures you will see features of all races and cultures, from black to European, to Asian. They are a beautiful people and ALL we who have diverged from their genetic lineage, are beautiful people.

Many people forget where they came from and only see themselves as beautiful.

The theory I subscribe to as the origin of the white race does in fact involve a skin disease that mutated the melanin. Although the English word biblical translators used is "leprosy" that doesn't mean it is the same form of what we call leprosy today. My theory, based on certain sources, is that people who had this disease were thought to be "unclean" and people were afraid that it was something that could be communicated. So they camped to the north in these leper colonies. I don't know how we treated them. But perhaps we feared infection. The interesting thing about biblical leprosy was that it was considered clean, not when the person's skin went back to being brown, but when the person's skin fully changed to being all white. And at the same time you have people who born white or "albino".

Albinism is an inherited condition. So in theory, if there were camps of people with some sort of skin disease and it somehow affected their DNA, they could breed a type of albino that was fully white but, not having no pigmentation, but just a different type of pigmentation. If these camps getting bigger as more people were affected (or maybe even infected) then they would have to go further north. Perhaps, they eventually moved so far north and became so big, and went through so many rounds of breeding out the normal sort of albinism, that they eventually started to look better, retaining some of the African DNA, but really splintering off in a new direction and adopting the more modern European look.

And then out of that group, the blond recessive started coming out more and the blue eyes, green, especially under different environmental conditions. But all those features, including blond hair and blue eyes, are still African in origin. That's what's frustrating to me. The mainstream has taken a much more narrow (more inbred, sorry no offense) gene pool and said THAT is the image and standard of beauty and then equated the white skin (not light but white) as being good and pure when skin, like soil, there's no such thing. Darker soil has been thought to be more fertile; especially in comparison to sand. And yes, you don't want to be light skin in the desert because you're more likely to get skin cancer and die. And perhaps that's what led to darker tones being more dominant in Africa while lighter tones were able to escape the sun in colder climates. So when we talk about survival of the fittest... its not about superiority of a race but rather how much your body can adapt to its local climate. We would all die on the moon or under water just as quickly. I didn't know dark skin people can get sun burn too, but apparently they can. My godfather is an example.

But it's frustrating when whites who descended from black, try to act like they didn't. And that's why I say look at the San Tribe. The truth is we are virtually identical in terms of DNA, even errors in our DNA. That means we came from the same people. So why don't we see all see the beauty of color, just because whites want to have a very limited palette? Why glorify less color when you love flowers that are many? It seems to me like overcompensation. And then it's like most white women almost feel like they have to wear make up, adding color or risking sub burn to get a tan. This while many darker skinned people are more attracted to lighter skin people. Two Jamaicans live on my street and both are with white women.

At the end of the day color is something we should all love, appreciate, and find beauty in.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I