Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7355&start_row=11

BLM - Racism?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 82
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Cedric Sent: 6/14/2020 11:29:51 PM

Careful Caveman

Yes I all of your question and the topic itself is racist.

I was trying to carefully explain to the I to educate yourself.

That you would think it could somehow be racism towards white people and even being expected to be told how it is racism.

The language you used first post made me think you were possibly an agent of destruction.

JAH GUIDANCE

Messenger: Cedric Sent: 6/14/2020 11:32:42 PM

Didn't see Garveys Africa's post til now

Yes I

GIVE THANKS

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 6/14/2020 11:36:14 PM

Bless up Cedric

Agent behaviour needs to be checked at the door. Maybe his question really come from a place of (ignorant) innocence but as black people InI cannot AFFORD to give such behaviour the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Black power and black ipremacy

Haile I

Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/15/2020 5:50:15 AM

I didn't say that black people shouldn't lead their own resistance against white supremacy

(and im not an agent)

Messenger: CaveMan Sent: 6/15/2020 5:51:29 AM

But I just don't get it then

I have always been told that racism is a division of race

Messenger: Everton I Sent: 6/15/2020 6:50:40 AM

Yes that's right CaveMan
you don't get it

Go study some black history, study black struggle and study the methods of white supremacy before you come to this site and make these lazy privileged statements.

AFRICANS UNITE

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 6/15/2020 11:29:14 AM

It's kind of lazy to tell someone they are being lazy because they don't understand something, and telling someone to "do their research" instead of just explaining it yourself.

Messenger: Everton I Sent: 6/15/2020 12:09:03 PM

Guess what

This is the BLACK STRUGGLE
Not a white, yellow or pink struggle.

Of course, BLM wants our own people to unite before any other group. Black people must walk together as a nation. Unite and love what we are brainwashed to hate -- Each other -- BLACK PEOPLE. The same as supporting black owned business. This is a simple repair out of 500 years of oppression. A repair of how they treated my mother and father.

Im tired of all these white people who get a fever as soon as they are not part of a larger black lead. I can understand why we are still so poor if we get that rating every time we want to raise our people from racism and poverty.

Now the other I's explained it and he still nuh get it.
He already disrespected the I and called it apartheid. Guess what: Apartheid is not my tradition my friend

Haffi keep it radical on these agents/ignorants. I have only time to raise up my own people. If they want to help the I's go study our position in Babylon

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/15/2020 12:40:50 PM

Caveman,

I am armed with a significant amount of patience. Therefore, I believe I understand your position. You believe you understand racism based on the dictionary definition and without having PERSONAL knowledge and experience, like we have the benefit of, it can be hard to view racism outside of the definitions that most white people use.

Especially since people often get confused by the dictionary, thinking that it controls the definition of words. This isn't true. The dictionary only records the usage and meaning of words used by society. Therefore, words like racism can be updated.

But the definition of racism that was recorded by Webster was the definition of the majority which is a perfect irony because the fact that the majority get to define racism is in itself the very fundamental exercise of racism. They believe they can tell us what racism is without getting an understanding between both sides; the majority and the minority.

Racism is a power dynamic. The definition most of us consider standard is the one used by Dr. Frances Cress Welsing, a psychiatrist. Because the majority of whites don't have to think about racism it is easy for them to think it is just race based prejudice, discrimination, or preference. But we have other words to describe those things. Racism encompasses all these things but highlights the power dynamic between a race in a greater position of power, using that power to oppress a race that has less.

The idea that only cops can be racist is retarded. So if it's not just cops that means there are racists prosecutors, judges, even presidents. That's what makes it systematic. It's not one bad apple. It's a whole bunch that do not coordinate their individual acts but because of their individual acts it equates to oppression on a massive scale.

White people want it to be possible for black people to be racist so that the term can be applied to black people in reverse so that they can call it even and say "hey there are black racists too."

This myth is perpetuated by black people who let their anger turn into hatred and their desire for revenge overwhelms them. But you have to keep in mind that all of these instances are just reactions to white racism and the oppression of white supremacy.

Imagine if Trump wasn't lying about his xenophobic comments about people crossing the border. "They're rapists. They're murderers". The point of saying that is so that whites wont feel sorry for them. That's the point. Racists want other whites not to care about any other race but their own. And when they get whites to do this, and so say "oh that black guy had a rap sheet", what they're doing is turning you into the cop who stood in front of George Floyed while he was being murdered. That cop stood there, protecting his fellow officer while he murdered a man in broad daylight, WHILE people were telling him to look, to check man's pulse. But he ignored them. He assumed that his cop friend wouldn't do that. And he sat there while a racist cop turned him into an accomplice. I don't know if that that stood there was racist or not. But that other cop sure made him look like one.

And that's how racism is. I don't believe all whites are racist. I don't. But all whites tend to look racist when they allow racists to operate in broad daylight.

Is BLM racist?

If you're running from the cops, going 110 mph, the police have to break the speed limit in order to pull you over. Whatever they had to do to catch you in that crime, you can't be like "oh but Imma citizens arrest all of you for speeding in order to catch me". No... Black people have to call out racism and deal with it in the best way we know how. That doesn't make us racists. We simply acknowledge that the construct called race, is what is being used against us and we cannot act like it doesn't exist; not in a company, not in a court, and not when the media views one of our marches and comes to the conclusion that BLM organized a violent protest because some white nazi mingled into the crowd and threw something at a cop. It would be nice if we didn't have to consider that possibility but we've already seen racists challenge us in the streets or shoot us (Dylan Roof) in hopes of starting a race war.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 6/15/2020 12:41:57 PM

Did I mention that Merriam Webster is now considering changing the definition of racism? Past time.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 82

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I