Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=734&start_row=21

Sizzla caught with Guns??

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/30/2005 10:54:37 PM

"What we seek is a new and a different way of life. We search for a way of life in which all men will be treated as responsible human beings, able to participate fully in the political affairs of their government; a way of life in which ignorance and poverty, if not abolished, are at least the exception and are actively combatted; a way of life in which the blessings and benefits of the modern world can be enjoyed by all without the total sacrifice of all that was good and beneficial in the old Ethiopia. We are from and of the people, and our desires derive from and are theirs."

"Can this be achieved from one dusk to the next dawn, by the waving of a magic wand, by slogans or by Imperial declaration? Can this be imposed on our people, or be achieved solely by legislation? We believe not. All that we can do is provide a means for the development of procedures which, if all goes well, will enable an increasing measure and degree of what we seek for our nation to be accomplished. Those who will honestly and objectively view the past history of this nation cannot but be impressed by what has already been realised during their lifetime, as well as be awed by the magnitude of the problems which still remain. Annually, on this day, we renew our vow to labour, without thought of self, for so long as Almighty God shall spare us, in the service of our people and our nation, in seeking the solutions to these problems. We call upon each of you and upon each Ethiopian to do likewise......"

"Above all, Ethiopia is dedicated to the principle of the equality of all men, irrespective of differences of race, colour or creed."

"As we do not practice or permit discrimination within our nation, so we oppose it wherever it is found."

"As we guarantee to each the right to worship as he chooses, so we denounce the policy which sets man against man on issues of religion."

"As we extend the hand of universal brotherhood to all, without regard to race or colour, so we condemn any social or political order which distinguishes among God's children on this most specious of grounds."

This is what preserves life, the words of Haile Selassie I Jah Rastafari. Killing doesn't promote any life, what kind of foolish talk is that? Live by the words of Haile Selassie, live the life, act the words of His Imperial I Rastafari.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 3/31/2005 12:18:00 AM

Blessed be all......

It has been too long since I have read anything here.. I have been very busy. This post is not even much about the main topic... I agree fully with the posts already here, and have nothing else to add. I did, however feel a need to address the utter stupidity of these "rude boys" busting shots in the air.. I have seen it too much, and while I know, not many Rasta follow science very strictly, simple physics says.. what goes up, comes down.... and even if one was to try shooting straight up (to hit himself) it is impossible, as the bullet would be carried miles away --both by the slightest angle, and wind. Do they all never think about where a bullet from thier gun might land? That it might end up in a baby's crib? How can they even explain this idiocy? If there is such a need to bust off... why not aim at the ground? I've never understood it.

Pardon the ..venting on a subject that bothers me....

Maximum Respect and Love...

Selassie I

Messenger: Doctor Binghi Sent: 3/31/2005 12:24:39 AM

Back on the subject though... a little sub-note..

I and I do not carry a gun for protection. What is the need? How is a gun better than me? What if the bullets run out, and the only thing you have is a gun? Let Babylon come for me... I have plenty fire for them, with no guns. The human body and mind are capable of so much, some of which is natural lethal weapons. Bottom line... Even thought bullets are very fast, one can throw a knife in the time it takes to aim a gun. Babylon can come with thier armies, but none of thier soldiers can compare, as they rely on Babylon technology.... We have Jah's creation on our side. Not even to mention the lightening, earthquake, brimstone, and fire backing us.

Rasta people live up
Selassie I infinite blessings

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/31/2005 8:11:14 AM

"Not even to mention the lightening, earthquake, brimstone, and fire backing " I know that this thing come from the energy that come from a mind body and soul being one.This post is called "Sizzla caught with a gun" not earth lighting brimstone.I go to the sea and talk with wind and water, i go in side and i bring that fire that is on the inside out, and i keep it bruning, and ini am apart of the earth.thats 4....But back to the gun thing.I want to add that the gun i have i have not fired once.I keep it like any other tool,clean and at a place that i can use it i if the time comes.I have never shot a nother man.God has stop bullet from hitting me,cars have tryed to run me over or of the road,even as a baby INI know that JAH was and is there, I know that JAh did not let those things happen, even when the people start to murmurer JAH hold INI, with the overstand that if I stay in the right, the only fire i spit will be in the form of a ryhm or reasoning.But like a true KING OF AFRICA, i will keep the fire hot so when the true heathens come, we will send them back by the way they came.RASTAFARI...........

onelove

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/31/2005 8:24:50 AM

Dreadnut....did Ras Tafari kill..have you looked at his time line.If need i will find and post it.

onelove

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/31/2005 1:48:42 PM

Yes I am aware that Rastafari killed people. You don't have to post anything for me thank you, I am fully aware of His Majesty's history. But if your trying to compare World War 2 to what InI face everyday, I find no comparisson. Like I have already stated, I have never lived in a Jamaican ghetto, I know that they are ridiculously dangerous, and I would be ignorant if I said that I would never carry a gun or even use a gun in that situation. But Jah protects I from getting into situations where I need to act in such ways, and so far so good. But the reason you have to protect yourself from a man with a gun is because there's guns. If we get rid of them all, along with all other weapons then we won't have those problems.

Weapons sre the tools of violence;

all decent men detest them.

Weapons are the tools of FEAR;

a decent man will AVIOD them

EXCEPT IN THE DIREST NECESSITY

AND IF COMPELLED, WILL USE THEM

only with UTMOST RESTRAINT.

Peace is his highest value.

If the peace has been shattered,

how can he be content?

His enemy's are not demons,

but human beings like himself.

He doesn't wish them personal harm.

Nor does he REJOICE IN VICTORY.

How could he rejoice in victory

and delight in the slaughter of men?

He enters a battle gravley,

with sorrow and with great compassion,

as if he were attending a funeral.

Lao Tzu, Word Sound Power

Ras Zion I

Messenger: the rock Sent: 3/31/2005 1:56:25 PM

true that...i have know Joy in death...in 73...there was war of people even if they do not call it one name or the other.. onelove

Messenger: gideon Sent: 4/1/2005 2:39:01 PM

Killing a pig is not murder.
What is a pig? A pig is someone born of woman.
Killing a pig is like killing any other animal, it is good or bad depending on the situation.
Also, I will add that any pig or other animal that has a destructive lifestyle should be destroyed - mosquitos, lice, majority of heads of state and officers of courts, majority of other gangsters (states are just gangs, too) etc.

Just reality, don't vex with me. Two negatives make a positive.
Slamming haters forever, well, until they're gone.........
More life.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 4/1/2005 4:06:26 PM

What are you talking about? Why does killing have to be murder to be wrong? You remind me of a doctor, instead of solving the root issue you are trying to treat symtoms. Killing off people because they make bad desicions, that unfortunatly affect each and every one of us, is not the answer. These people have to be taught a new teaching. This world needs a new level of spiritaul overstanding and there won't be any need to do those things. Do you seriously think that you can fix the earth? It can't be done, the earth is sacred, if you treat it like an object you will lose it.

Remember trying to reform the world is like trying to cover the world in leather so you don't have to walk on stones and thorns, its much easier to wear shoes.

Ras Zion I

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 4/1/2005 7:29:09 PM

To JAhLove_72
Yes MI Brethren TenaYeastelegn
Iman hope that you dont think that i was defending sizzla. By the same token InI cant judge. Speaking of Iself, a gun is the last thing i would reach for. All i tried to expressed is that i havent walked in the footsteps of Kalonji or any other ghetto yut in JA.
If all Rasta trod up to the hills who looks after the yut dem in the
(sh)ity. Yes King Selassie went to Holy Lalibela to pray while the heathen Romans where round about everywhere, and still HE marched at the head of HIS army. There is a time and a season for everything.
Some of InI are of the mindset of Martin Luther King- Non violence
some of InI are of the mindset of Malcolm X - By any means Necessary.
As lond as Ini hail the Rightful Ruler with clean hands and a pure heart we can all work together to achieve our goals.
i would never criticize my brethren in the face of the enemy

One Love Always
Jah Liveth Eternally

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I