Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=734&start_row=1

Sizzla caught with Guns??

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/27/2005 11:48:45 AM

Police urge Barbados government to prohibit Sizzla from entering country for concert
AP
Monday, March 21, 2005

Sizzla

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (AP) - Police said Barbados should not allow reggae artiste Sizzla, who was arrested in Jamaica last week in connection with a massive weapons seizure, to perform at a concert here next week.

Sizzla, whose real name is Miguel Collins, was scheduled to perform at the National Stadium on March 27. Tickets have been on sale for more than a month, but the status of the concert was unclear after Sizzla's arrest Thursday. The dancehall singer remains in custody but has not been charged.

Barbados police commissioner Darwin Dottin said he would urge the government not to give Sizzla a work permit allowing him to enter Barbados.

"I will recommend to the Minister of Home Affairs not to give him a work permit," Dottin said Saturday. "Perhaps his presence here would be inimical to good order."

Sizzla was among 33 people arrested after police and military raided the crime-ridden community of August Town in Jamaica's capital of Kingston. Authorities seized six AK-47 rifles, three sniper rifles, a submachine gun and 58 rounds of ammunition.

Police say Sizzla is suspected of supplying weapons to gangs in the community.

Attempts to reach Sizzla's manager Phillip Durrell for comment have been unsuccessful.

The Rastafarian singer, whose songs include Thank U Mamma and Black Woman and Child, was sentenced to 15 days in prison last month for swearing while performing at the East Fest concert in St Thomas parish in eastern Jamaica. He was allowed to remain free pending an appeal, however.

Sizzla, whose songs have been hits in Jamaica and Barbados, also made headlines last year after gay advocacy groups in Britain said his lyrics promoted homophobia, prompting the cancellation of several shows in London.

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/27/2005 12:25:28 PM

You know, its not that I expect perfection from anyone person, but in sizzla's earlier records he said that cursing was weak and for cowards, and now he's cursing. I don't support homosexuality, but in the same breath I also don't support hate. Kinda like that old saying, hate the sin not the sinner. I don't just believe whatever the papers say about Sizzla, but if he is in contact with these weapons he is leading the rasta yuks astray. I have always been a fan of his albums like prasie ye jah, black woman and child but he started to curse! This is not good for Rastafari, he has quite an influence on people through his music, and has become quite popular, these things should not become the popular view of Rastafari.

Besides that this whole gun thing needs to stop right freakin now!! Africans selling guns to Africans, to do what? Kill Africans! This makes me so sick to my stomach I want to throw up.

"I know Jah never let us down!"

Ras Zion I

Blessed

Messenger: Ark I Sent: 3/28/2005 1:40:54 AM

They arrested Sizzla but they released him soon afterwards because they didn't have anything that they could charge him with. Don't be so quick to base your judgements on babylon propaganda.

Also, some people in some situations need guns to survive, or they will be killed. Look at how they shot Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Garnett Silk and others. A person has a right to defend themself, and if needed to have others to help defend them. They shouldn't be expected to wait around for some wicked people to come and kill them.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nyah Jahphet Anbassa I Sent: 3/28/2005 5:13:36 AM

Ises

"Self-defense is one's responsibility for himself!" - Haile Selassie I

Selah

Messenger: Dreadnut Sent: 3/28/2005 10:22:01 AM

I agree Ark I, I wasn't really sure if I was to believe this article. But I can understand having to defend yourselves, it just sounded like a lot of heavy duty weapons that might be a little overboard. Then again I have never lived in a Jamaican ghetto, so I could be speaking ignorantly, but what I do know is that nuff black people being killed by black people, more black kill each other than babylon soldier do now.

Africa Unite

Ras Zion I

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 3/28/2005 10:24:51 AM

"Hire no gun for me ...'cause Rasta nah go deal with any kinda policy. Hire no gun for me...I'm on a peaceful mission from His Majesty! Hire no gun for me...no gun for me..."

-Cocoa Tea

Yes I
Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Ras Sistren Khamyl Sent: 3/29/2005 10:29:21 AM

Blessings unto the idren:

InI got a war to fight; if guns for revolution, pass me one!

Babylon quick 2 cite violence while neglecting to tell truth bout violence committed towards I by babylonian officials ie. policeman, armed forces, etc.

I not judge what SIZZLA do, I not with him to know and none other should either.

Messenger: Ras KebreAB Sent: 3/29/2005 11:27:52 AM

As sizzla himself say " the Emperor sit down round the biggest machine gun "

i would ask one and ones who have never walked in the treacherous inner streets of jamaica's cities and towns to suspend judgement until more of the facts are known

Blessed Love
Rastafari

Messenger: jahlove_72 Sent: 3/29/2005 11:46:26 AM

Plenty Rastafari Elders and Rastafari Children walk with no guns Iyah in the hills and streets of JA. No excuse for misrepresenting this Most Upful and Higher Ites Trod. Check many of HIM speeches...avoid war and violence at all costs...the big gun was for self defense against another country...HIM prayed real hard for GUIDANCE. Sizzla needs to get out of the gang thing and Trod up to the hills with the Elders and re-align his energies. The very fact that he used HAILE SELASSIE I as a justification for his bull**** is good evidence at where his mind is at. Check Muta and Luciano and the Upful HAILE SELASSIE I CHILDREN AND ELDERS...no guns, no violence, no excuses.

HAILE SELASSIE I
RASTAFARI

Messenger: Ras ElIjah Sent: 3/29/2005 12:32:06 PM

I have heard of RastafarI who believe they need weapons for the "future" wars against Babylon. I, Iself would defend Iself maybe with weapons but I wouldnt fight no war, I would rather die & go to Zion.

Ras ElIjah

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I