Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=734&start_row=51

Sizzla caught with Guns??

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: bigginer Sent: 10/3/2007 1:13:17 PM

so you told your fake and then try say your sorry what that about if your gonna apoligise do it fi jah ok Erik

Messenger: zion mountain Sent: 2/11/2013 7:54:52 AM

Haile I Selassie I Iman not anti-Kalonji or pro-Kalonji.Iman just want to say InI must be aware of Babylon propaganda.Babylon have the equipment,technology and resources to conspire against those who are a threat to them.2ndly,Bobo Kalonji is a big influence to di ghetto youths,so when the youths act in a negative manner,its him who bears the consequences,e.g if a student steals from a shop,the consequences are mainly suffered by the school which its name the student bear,seen? Guns have no place in Rastafari especially in dis ya time,for the battle is no longer physical but spiritual.I heard H.I.M denied to take up arms against the Derg for He said "no more blood shall shed in Ithiopia."So if Kalonji is in dat dirty business,it shall get caught with him.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 2/15/2013 12:33:47 AM

Self defence is a natural human right
I'm a peaceful man, but test and I will fight
Like Samson, Iyah blesses in His sight
Burn war, but even Selassie used His might
And shot down Italians, who then ran in fright
Mashed down their planes like a lightning bolt strike
But don't get me wrong, I won't kill a man for slight
It takes more than that for a boy to get a smite
But theres a sword in my mouth, careful, I can bite
Word, sound and power in the things that I write
And if you come tooled up like a knight
Or break into my yard late at night
I've got a billhook, you'd better take flight
It won't end well, you could die tonight
In that I never could delight, but blood would spill despite
Blazing fire for those who violence excites

Sizzla has never denied he has guns. He did a tune called 'Big Long Gun' after all, and if I was walking in August Town, I would carry one too. I was in the hills when I trod to Jamaica, but Kingston was a literal warzone while I was there in May 2010 and I came face to face with guns even in the country. I will never glorify or delight in violence, but when it comes to someone trying to murder I, there are three options: Run, fight or die. And dying is a possibility in all of those. As an artist, it really is no joke for Sizzla when it comes to defending himself, because he is successful and wealthy and in Jamaica, people come rob successful and wealthy people with guns, and they bust your head open if you don't pay up. I've never met Kalonji, so I won't speculate on his particular stance on this but I can't hold the fact that he's armed against him when I know that is the situation. Iyah couldn't either I don't think.

Blessed love

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 2/26/2013 11:12:10 AM

got to digg a pun,
either be a nun,
Attila the Hun,
or be on the run.
Repartriation is a must!
Theme of the UN;
make a plough from the gun,
then life can be fun,
under the sun.
Selassie I.

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 2/27/2013 1:34:48 PM

Yes I, a blessed day when all the guns get beaten into ploughs, but while a man might come and kill the I and take the one plough the I has already , best to think before turning any guns into more ploughs.

Haile Selassie I always advocates disarmament, but at the same time He maintained a strong armed force for self defense, because He had learned the lesson from Italy's invasions that without the ability to defend Ethiopia, the whole nation could be forfeit. It's not about glorifying violence or causing destruction for profit like I and I see plenty of, because Haile Selassie I always used diplomacy, it's just common sense.

Blessed love

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 2/28/2013 8:05:45 AM

I've never believed sizzla nor do I condone some of the things he has said and done.

InI can't justify guns in any form that's a dirty Babylon invention. Selassie I is who Rastafari people should look to for guidance and protection. InI father is stronger than any gun or weapon. Faith in RasTafarI is Iternal life. The whole gun thing is death.

If sizzla or other ones and ones feel they need a gun then that's on them, but to then use your influence and power to promote the gun life as a facet of RastararI livity is a abomination!

Here are some Sizzla lyrics. Is it possible that such words could come from the lips of a RasTafari royal son?

Intro:

HAAA yow!

Ganja smoke, ganja smoke testing 1-2-3

Yah! Muddafuckaz get mi so interested in some fuckin gun spray?

Boom yah!

(Chorus)

Ah some big long gun ah run out pon dem

extra load clip ah done out pon dem

war dem from night till sun out pon dem

gyangstaz, guerillas come out pon dem

Bare long gun all run out pon dem

extra load clip all done out pon dem

war dem from night till sun out pon dem

gyanstaz guerillas come out pon dem

Verse 1

Fuckaz you meant nothing to me

don't think yuh worth something to me

yuh storing up the anger like something to me

kill dem fuckers nothing to see

yuh exhalting yuh stinkin dutty self

go and praise yuh dutty mucky self

yow, erase your ugly self

go fuck a girl and stop fuck yourself

(Chorus)

Verse 2

From its war they're pushing like

firing bullets like

fuckers don't know what we're looking like

yeah, dem fuckers moving like

dem like dem losing life

dem fools confuse in life

dem blasted gun gonna make them lose them life

AHHH!

(Chorus)

Verse 3

Damn when yuh see me with my gun, damn!

You don't know me, oh

you never seen me, damn you never hear me

I wasn't here just beware of me

if yuh sell mi out don't come near me

I'm a good person don't you fear me

I'm righteous just declare it, haaa!

Yow, don't think this is a fuckin story or no fairy

(Chorus)

Messenger: Nazarite_I Sent: 3/1/2013 8:15:49 AM

Sizzla speaks for Himself and no one else. I have I own opinion over whether or not Sizzla strays into glorifying guns and slackness in some of his tunes, but it is by no means fixed until I sit down with Kalonji and Reason with him, because what I do have is testimony from Elders and Idren and Sistren that, aside from being a hardcore dancehall entertainer, Sizzla is a serious RastafarI man who's done some serious RastafarI works. And no man, even from the lyrics to 'big long gun' can deny that Sizzla is at least honest; "Yow, don't think this is a fuckin story or no fairy". Yeah I can sympathise that Haile I never dropped the F word in any of His speeches, but He was speaking to a different audience. Sizzla has always been the voice of the ghetto youths, and like I've said already, guns are a reality of life in the ghetto in Jamaica and even 'big long gun' reminds them clearly enough that "dem blasted gun gonna make them lose them life" if they treat firearms like a game. The song is actually Sizzla saying that those who play with their guns and glorify themselves will get shot down themselves, which is a reality he must have seen plenty of. People have tried to kill Sizzla, so I really can't hold the fact that he defends himself against him, and plenty of RastafarI people feel the same. I billhook is a tool, but if someone were to actually threaten I life or that of I close family, I would reach for it without hesitation, and whether or not I ended the person's life with it wouldn't be an immediate concern at that moment. That is in no way to glorify the act, because I do not endorse needless violence, and truly hope and pray and work to one day live in a world where that billhook is just for coppicing trees, but it is what it is.

Blessed love

Messenger: jehosaphat2011 Sent: 3/1/2013 8:36:36 AM

True enough, when worse comes worst my people come 1st, still 1 day the last gun will b fired 4 the last time, when every man rest under his fig tree.

Messenger: Zion Black Jerusalem Sent: 6/12/2017 11:32:37 PM

"...not by gun, not by sword, but with Word, Sound and Power, we'll get back our rights." - Holy Emmanuel I.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 59

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I