Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7307&start_row=121

The Pandemic

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 268
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/26/2020 8:42:57 PM

"IPXninja brought up 9/11 and the lasting effects from that, but stoped at TSA.. He didn’t get into the “Patriot Act” that granted government access to any and all phone and email conversations, effectively destroying the 4th amendment, and laying the foundation for the surveillance state that is being imposed now with “contact tracing”... The will never let a good crisis go to waste."

You're right. I didn't go into the Patriot Act. And I'm also a fan of Snowden. Do I want a surveillance state? No.

Here's the problem though.

It's the government's job to keep people safe. The reality is that cybercrime is a growing problem because of how many criminals are able to escape detection and consequences. And now you have cyberterrorism and cyberwarfare to deal with. These are 21 century problems that the founders had no clue might come. We all know that the web is used to get around a lot of legal obstacles. And I'm not even talking about the "dark web".

I usually tell people that BALANCE is my religion. I believe in balance in all things. In this case, a certain level of monitoring is necessary, even if it's just the threat of it, even the idea that someone may be watching may cause very bad individuals to think twice. It's the same reason you hire a mall security guard; not because he's necessarily threatening and makes people think they're in a prison, but as a deterrent. And while the presence of such people in our lives may seem annoying and/or irritating to law abiding citizens, its for your benefit. Thieves costs retailers between $10-$13 billion dollars per year. Think about that. That increases the prices of goods that you have to pay and also affects employment. But is it something you personally think about while shopping? No. Because you don't care about the security of the store.

Now... should the store have someone follow me around in the store? Absolutely not. Do all stores have video surveillance? ABSOLUTELY. Does that make you not want to shop there? I bet you still do. Banks have cameras everywhere, including at ATMs. Maybe you feel violated because of that, but guess what? The bank is also securing your money against hackers and thieves while you're sleeping, not thinking about it.

So on one hand, security is necessary to stop criminals outside the company/organization needing the security. On the other hand, any system can be abused from without AND within as there are humans on both sides. So has the Patriot Act ever been abused? Of course it has. There's no perfect system. That's like saying all police officers protect and serve. Of course they don't. Some are good. Some are bad. Most of them probably fall somewhere in the middle as they balance their own self interest against the interest of the community. That's life. You need a balance. And whenever you think you have that balance you need to check again. This is why we have 3 branches of government to BALANCE power. And we have a system in which people can be elected to continue writing new laws to help combat new problems.

I think the Patriot Act is needed for cyberterrorism and cyberwarfare. You need a FISA court to decide if it's warranted just like you need a judge to issue a warrant or to authorize a search. We have rights and freedoms in the US but you can't expect the law not to react, not to lock you up, if you are committing crimes. You just talked about a court releasing sex offenders so it sounds like you're in favor of justice. But in order to catch sex predators they have to be able to follow a trail to prove their guilt in the first place. And often that evidence is on a laptop or cell phone. So they need to be able to subpoena these things. Otherwise these criminals would get away with it. And they're mostly not getting caught because of some Patriot Act; because of the NSA. No, there really aren't enough agents to venture that far outside of their mandate in order to troll for local crimes. They have their hands full with foreign actors.

So I'm not in favor of spying on everyone. However, if there is "reasonable suspicion" or "probable cause" that is not unduly prejudiced by race or nationality, then yes, I am for hunting down suspects and gathering evidence needed to bring them to justice. I have girls. If they have to tap someone's phones to catch them before my children are in danger then I'm okay with that. There simply has to be limits. One of the limits to the Patriot Act is that it has to be renewed. That means that if it was unpopular enough there would be enough pressure on state reps to replace it or whatever the people wanted. So if that's what they wanted (because... democracy) then the Patriot Act would have been discontinued. Republicans brought it in. And it was based on the testimony of a republican that is continuing it. Does that matter? No. The question is, if you DIDN'T use these tools, how would you stop terrorists BEFORE they were able to blow things up?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsuccessful_terrorist_plots_in_the_United_States_post-9/11

I don't know exactly how they were able to stop a US Army vet with ties to ISIS, but (and this is 2019) he was planning to bomb a white nationalist rally and was also planning attacks on Jews, churches, police officers, and the Santa Monica pier. Interesting assortment of targets, but the fact is no one is talking about him because none of that happened.

So I understand. It sux. There's a lot of things that we can't do right now. And that means there's a lot of things the elites can't do right now either. There is no conspiracy theory world in which the mega rich would keep you locked up while they're free to go to their restaurants and country clubs. It's a fear-based fantasy. In order for them to buy their fancy boats, people have to make them and all the parts that go into them. If you lock up society you're going to be locked up (in a difference sense) too. So this idea that they want some kind of economic collapse is not true. Honestly, its mostly their money that would be collapsing. They have billions of dollars. If the value of the USD goes down, they go down with it. True, they could switch to another currency but if you're talking about destroying the global economy, which currency would be protected? And if their money loses its value then they lose control because NOTHING they can do would be free of charge. You can't even execute people without having people on payroll.

MONEY is the source of their power. Therefore, the more they destroy their own money the more counter productive it is to their agenda. NO ONE is seeking power just to lose it. No one is seeking wealth so that they can take their own wealth away. That is simply foolish and scared thinking. Conspiracy theories aren't automatically wrong but they do need to make sense. And the fact is that no one is going to work for free. So whatever you imagine they're going to do to you in the future... whatever anal probes you're hoping "wont" *wink* happen... if it costs money to maintain... if it involves guards or a food supply... or hell even electricity... understand... they're not going to do that if it costs more money than those prison facilities could generate. And without consumers... there's no supply side. Without supply side there's no manufacturing or distribution. All of these things are connected. No one is going to give up billions just so you can live in some prison facility where you're not paying rent. No. They WANT you to pay rent. Higher rent if you can. They WANT you to spend as much money as you can. The system is built to extract money. If you aren't able to make money you're worthless. The only reason prisoners aren't worthless to them is because their families work to put money on their books and other people work to pay taxes used to house those inmates. Without the economy you have none of that. There is no such thing as an economy that only collapses for the poor and middle class. You think they'll still be okay? Try getting your 20 acre lawn mowed with money that's not worth anything. Conspiracy theorists don't think all of these things through. Why? Because its not really about what's going to happen in the future but rather how scared they can make you NOW in the present and how they can use that influence.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/26/2020 8:57:21 PM

“As a physician, last week I received a 7 page email from the Department of Health coaching me how to fill out death certificates. They were saying that you don’t have to have a confirmed laboratory test of COVID-19 in order to make the death certificate a COVID-19. "

False quote. He said, and listen to it yourself:

"I felt like they were saying"

Okay. The video ends by saying "Just facts". Now since we're talking about a patient who WAS NOT TESTED FOR COVID-19, can you PLEASE understand that it isn't facts we're dealing with. And this is Trumps health department, yes?

The FACT is that everyone is not getting tested for covid because these tests are not raining from the sky like Trump would like you to think. So because the health department knows that tests are in short supply they're basically saying that covid-19 is so contagious (which is true) that if this elderly lady was exposed to it through her family she most likely had it when she died. What you're saying is, "maybe she did have it but she died from pneumonia". The problem with that is, sure... maybe she would have died from the pneumonia without having covid. But if she had covid it would have made the pnuemonia worse to the point that her survival rate was lowered even further. THAT is what makes it a covid case. It's not like you can just have covid but it really doesn't affect you when you are old and have pnuemonia. Of course it is. That's why it is a reasonable assumption; which they have to make when they don't have tests!

And if you don't have tests then you don't know for a FACT that it's NOT covid. So you can't whine and complain about facts when you cannot rule covid out because you don't have enough tests.

Funny thing about facts. You can't say what they were saying as a matter of "fact" when the person telling you was clearly giving his interpretation on what they meant. That wasn't a fact either and yet he said it on TV because he felt comfortable making that ASSUMPTION.

Ironic.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/26/2020 11:00:03 PM

"Dr. Deborah Birx | Recording Covid-19 as Cause of Death No Matter What"

You really cannot speak of sunofman taking anything about the prisoner release out of context when you are doing the same thing with Dr. Deborah Birx. The context there is other countries aren't counting all covid related deaths as covid deaths. That's not because that's the right thing to do. She said it was a good thing that they (meaning our hospitals) have covid 19 as an option on the forms. She didn't say if you fell off your bike it's covid 19. Covid is not a direct killer in most cases. It's making your pre-existing condition worse.

But of course, someone has to imagine there is some conspiratorial reason to misreport the numbers. In reality, the numbers were being under reported because people weren't classifying covid cases as such, when there was a pre-existing condition because they didn't have enough tests. So people are getting confused because of the fact that this is a new virus and there's no cure and no established treatment. People are not used to dealing with viruses like this. They're used to dealing with the flu. The flu can kill you but usually doesn't. And they want to think the government is lying and covid is just like the flu. But it's not. Not only is it more contagious but it makes your pre-existing conditions more likely to kill you. So it's more like HIV and how people don't die from HIV. You die from whatever sickness you get after your immune system is compromised. But if they couldn't call it an HIV related death, meaning that you would have survived if not for HIV, then they couldn't prove HIV was a big enough threat so that they could get the funding necessary to combat it. And so more people would die.

The US is a capitalistic country. EVERYTHING is driven by money. Supply and demand. No one's going to work on a cure for a disease that isn't deadly, if no one's going to buy the results. You have to accurately represent the threat, not say its just like the flu and will magically go away in the spring and then behind closed doors ask why we can't simply let it wash over the country.

Conspiracy theorists have a knee jerk response. That is, whenever something happens they think the (or some other) government is behind it; much in the same way that bible thumpers believe God is behind every single thing that happens. And none of this is true. If it were true then our universe wouldn't include so much uninhabitable chaos. The small bit of order that we live in is produced by that very chaos. Thinking that everything that happens is planned should be able to be diagnosed as some kind of sickness because it's not healthy and would cause one to stress about everything because they're constantly trying to create boogeymen men out to get them to explain everything that happens the same way that ancient societies used myths and magic to explain everything in the absence of science. Respectfully, I do not envy you for that.

"This brother here has long said that the Gregorian calendar is 7 to 8 years ahead of the original Ethiopian calendar, and making the reference of that to look at the *expected* events of 2012 actually taking place in this time 2020... Saying what is happening now, is what people were expecting to happen in 2012..."

Exactly... this is exactly what I'm talking about. Conspiracy theories constantly seek to make people afraid and even failed ones that never came to pass, people try to breathe life back into. For what? Because you think that this virus is engineered to keep you from going to the mall? Because you think they're playing a long game, and even though they're in their 60s, 70s, 80s, these super wealthy men want to create a prison planet that they'll be long dead at the rate you think they're going. And then you want to add on the belief that someone prophesied and already saw all these things. But there's a difference between a knowledge seeker and a believer. And that is a believer can believe ANYTHING. A knowledge seeker cannot because they're looking for the truth, not a belief.

But because of this idea that everything is part of some scheme or plan or design (rather than understanding microbes and bacteria and the host of living organisms that live in and around all of our bodies, both human and animal) you assume that nature, which isn't out to get you, cannot produce extremely inhospitable environments or reactions. Volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, etc. should also teach us differently; that the planet we live on doesn't exist to coddle our existence. And there are organisms the live here and some of them live with us and help us break down the foods we eat while others... others are more destructive. That's not a conspiracy. That's life on this natural planet.

Messenger: The BANNED — Hemphill Sent: 5/27/2020 5:18:00 AM

IPXninja: Serious question for you.. You have been silent on it so far, maybe you missed it within the whirlwind; but what do you have to say about Democrat Governor’s sendng COVID-19 positive cases to nursing homes?? I’ll give you a jumping point to dive into this topic.. Democrat Governor of Michigan Gretchen Whitmer, Democrat Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo, Democrat Governor of New Jersey Phil Murphy and the fact that 43% of “COVID-deaths” have been at nursing homes...

So all 3 (and potentially more) of those governors PURPOSEFULLY sent COVID-19 positive patients (4,500 in NY) to nursing homes which have only 0.6% of the total population but have 43% of all COVID deaths... Even by your own reasoning, the virus is most deadly to the elderly and those who have pre-existing conditions, which is exactly what a nursing home is... Was this bad judgment? They have since been forced to reverse this EXTREME “MISTAKE” and there is even a potential lawsuit out against Cuomo.. Was this done as a political motive? Increase the deaths and outreach of the virus to continue lockdowns, all the while blaming Trump for every death??

Also, why is it that you had nothing to say about California (Democrat strong hold) releasing pedophiles from prison even when space was created and measure were taken to mitigate the spread inside of the prisons???

—————————————

There’s been a recent pattern of Democratic governors persistently sending coronavirus patients to nursing homes, which were already hot spots of Covid-19 deaths.

In Michigan, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has actually alienated other state Democrats with her insistent order to send coronavirus patients into nursing homes.

“To return seniors into an environment, seniors with the virus still recovering from the virus, into an environment with, well, seniors, just didn’t seem — it’s not a good idea,” said state representative Leslie Love (D-Detroit.)

The fact that Whitmer’s own party is rebelling against her decision suggests the governor might have been influenced by someone from above.

At the start of the outbreak, it was well reported that senior citizens were the most vulnerable to the coronavirus, especially those with compromised immunity systems who typically live in nursing homes.

Yet, in April, Whitmer demanded that seniors diagnosed with Covid-19 are to be placed in nursing homes, called “regional hubs,” with other healthy seniors.
Likewise, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo also demanded in April that his state’s nursing homes should admit Covid-19 patients.

According to the New York Post:
The governor — who himself has described nursing homes as a “feeding frenzy’’ for the deadly coronavirus — said that the facilities can’t challenge a state regulation forcing them to admit patients with the contagion.

But he insisted that nursing homes could transfer those ill with the virus to another facility if the centers lacked such things as quarantine space, proper protective equipment and staff.

Asked by a reporter at his daily briefing Sunday if there was anything contradictory about his statements, the governor replied, “No.”

Cuomo just recently rescinded the order after massive pushback.

It’s certainly significant that Democratic governors, who have been largely coordinating their Covid-19 responses together, were so adamant about sending coronavirus patients to nursing homes despite the explosion of coronavirus cases centered around nursing homes nationwide.

Here is my prediction for a response to this.. You will divert from answering directly, find a way to blame Republicans and Trump (of course), and try to spin it back on to me for giving “false info”... We shall see..

Messenger: The BANNED — Hemphill Sent: 5/27/2020 5:42:35 AM

More than 500 doctors have added their names to a letter to President Trump urging him to end the lockdown, warning that it will cause more death than the coronavirus itself.

In the letter, sent last week, doctors described the lockdown as a “mass casualty incident”.

“We are alarmed at what appears to be the lack of consideration for the future health of our patients. The downstream health effects of deteriorating a level are being massively under-estimated and under-reported. This is an order of magnitude error,” it states.

Written by Simone Gold, a California emergency medical specialist, and further signed by hundreds of doctors, the letter adds “The millions of casualties of a continued shutdown will be hiding in plain sight, but they will be called alcoholism, homelessness, suicide, heart attack, stroke, or kidney failure.”

“In youths it will be called financial instability, unemployment, despair, drug addiction, unplanned pregnancies, poverty, and abuse,” the letter further urges.

It notes that “Suicide hotline phone calls have increased 600%,” while sales of alcohol have increased 300% to 600%.

“Because the harm is diffuse, there are those that hold it does not exist. We, the undersigned, know otherwise,” the letter concludes.

While globalists have urged that lockdowns need to continue, medical and economic experts across the board in multiple countries are warning that the loss of life will be much greater than that caused directly by the virus itself, if lockdowns are not scrapped.

A leaked study from inside the German Ministry of the Interior has found that the impact of the country’s lockdown could end up killing more people than the coronavirus due to victims of other serious illnesses not receiving treatment.

A Guardian analysis has found that there have been thousands of excess deaths of people at home in the UK due to the lockdown.

Professor Richard Sullivan also warned that there will be more excess cancer deaths in the UK than total coronavirus deaths due to people’s access to screenings and treatment being restricted as a result of the lockdown. Physicians in the US are issuing the same warnings over cancer screening.

Sullivan’s comments were echoed by Peter Nilsson, a professor of internal medicine and epidemiology at Lund University, who said, “It’s so important to understand that the deaths of COVID-19 will be far less than the deaths caused by societal lockdown when the economy is ruined.”

In addition, new figures from the UK’s Office of National Statistics show that the number of deaths from flu and pneumonia is three times higher than the total number of coronavirus deaths this year.

A data analyst consortium in South Africa asserts that the economic consequences of the country’s lockdown will lead to 29 times more people dying than the coronavirus itself.

Experts have also warned that there will be 1.4 million deaths from untreated TB infections due to the lockdown.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/28/2020 6:57:08 PM

"Serious question for you.. You have been silent on it so far, maybe you missed it within the whirlwind; but what do you have to say about Democrat Governor’s sendng COVID-19 positive cases to nursing homes?? I’ll give you a jumping point to dive into this topic.. Democrat Governor of Michigan Gretchen Whitmer, Democrat Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo, Democrat Governor of New Jersey Phil Murphy and the fact that 43% of “COVID-deaths” have been at nursing homes..."

Because I do research and don't just automatically dismiss everything you say, I read the executive order by Michigan's governor and I am able to discuss the outlined protocols.

If someone is skimming parts of the order I can understand how they could take things out of context so I'm not rushing to blame anyone. I want you to understand that so you don't think I'm jumping down your throat because I don't like you. I don't dislike you. But even if I did, I still believe in being fair and not making debates personal.

Having said that, there is specific language in the executive order that cannot be ignored. First of all, the Governors do not make the decision to move patients. What they're saying is that these facilities must follow appropriate guidelines, including that of the Department of Health and Human Services (I. 2 & 3.c - page 2). I will include a link to the original document on the Michigan.gov website so we can all follow along.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2019-2020/executiveorder/pdf/2020-EO-50.pdf

So what this means is that a long-term care facility CAN prohibit admission or readmission of a resident based on COVID-19 testing requirements or results; but ONLY in a manner that is consistent with DHHS guidance. In other words, the Governor is telling these facilities they have to listen to Trump's Federal Health Department.

What this means is that, if you are calling any such transfers a mistake then you have to take it up with the facility itself, and Trump's DHHS for setting the Federal guidelines. But the individual decisions are made by the long-term care facilities; not the Governor.

In section II it focuses on employees. These protocols are meant to limit the spread between employees and patients. If an employee catches COVID-19 from one patient because they're not using safe pratices then they're more likely to spread it to other patients. II. 2.a says that all communal and group activities must be stopped. Therefore the only people that should really be going in and out of rooms are staff. And they also have to clean and disinfect.

Section III focuses on transfers and discharges. Here, you should (if you want to deal in the truth and not be used as a pawn to spread lies and propaganda) take note of the term "medically unstable" vs "medically stable". III.3 says that a long-term care facility must create a "dedicated unit" or even a "dedicated facility". Obviously, if you have covid patients coming into contact with other covid patients they're not going to make anything worse. So the spread of covid in nursing homes is NOT from these executive orders and additional procedures and protocols, but rather from people that were not identified quickly enough as having it. Again, a person can be asymptomatic and in the beginning a lot of people were spreading it without realizing it. So it may have come from visiting family members, spread to a patient, then spread to one or more staff members that have to be in contact with several patients. Nothing in this order would suggest that they took sick people ("medically unstable") and dropped them off at nursing homes so they could infect other residents.

Now, a person who is "medically stable" does not require hospitalization. The executive order tells facilities to send "medically unstable" residents to a hospital. There is a curve at which an infected persion is most dangerous (in terms of transmission) and after you pass that hump your ability to transmit the virus lowers. And if you go to the CDC website they make this clear. Here's a link for you on that:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/guidance-home-care.html

Because the threat isn't as high, healthcare providers do still have to use precautions with these patients, but it's not the same as someone at peak transmission who you'd want to break out the hazmat suit for.

Keep in mind, that hospitals obviously cannot keep covid patients in perpetuity. They either have to go home, or somewhere else. Well if they were living at an assisted living facility you can't expect the state to allow for elderly people to be roaming the street because now they're homeless because their facility wont take them back. No, if the government allowed that you would be talking bad about them for allowing the elderly to be treated that way.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/end-home-isolation.html

This page outlines the precautions as far as isolation and how long to be isolated. It's basically 10-14 days. So you should still wear a mask around other people and stuff but you're not going to be a danger to society at that point. This is why the term "medically stable" is important to understand. Covid-19 is not a life sentence. But we cannot overload hospitals with active and unstable cases, creating a load they cannot manage and don't have enough resources (ventilators, etc.) to handle. Again... it is the TRANSMISSION of covid-19 that makes it so dangerous. But that doesn't mean that once someone has it you should never see them again. No. You may think I'm taking it too far but in reality I'm very balanced. I even had a barbeque this past Sunday with around 20 people. But you have to be smart about it. And you have to be smart about the information you consume about it. The credibility of sources does matter. The context of words, do matter. And if you felt irritated when you thought something YOU said was taken out of context, imagine how irritating it is when someone's words or orders, designed to protect people, are taken so out of context that people are blaming them for killing people!

Take a look at III. 5. It says that once the patient is medically stable AND eligible for discharge IN THE JUDGMENT of the resident's MEDICAL PROVIDERS (I'm not yelling at you. I'm just trying to add emphasis), a hospital must discharge the resident according to the following protocol. So This alone establishes that there is NO protocol that exists, where a governor is circumventing the medical opinion or expertise of that resident's medical providers. So no... it was NEVER the governor's decision but is always the decision of their own medical providers to move them. This invalidates any claims you can make about the involvement of these governors in the transfer of patients. Do you understand that? And it proves... that if you did not read this for yourself and got it wrong on your own, it proves that SOMEONE (not you) is using you to spread false, inaccurate, misinformation, or "fake news". And if you don't like "fake news" and if you don't like being a tool for people spreading lies, then I implore you to stop allowing yourself to be used this way. I don't know if you are as smart as me. Maybe you're smarter. Who knows? I don't know you like that. But whatever intelligence you have, by your own estimation, you should trust yourself and your critical thinking, to critically look at what you read and research it as if I was the one saying it. Do that, and you should be fine. If you don't like me, that's okay. But if you do, use that same attitude to distrust the information you're getting from whoever your sources of information are. Don't tell me the media is lying and accuse me of carrying water for them and believing everything they say when I can so easily show everyone, and hopefully you are intelligent and bright enough to have seen it too, that your information was simply and clearly wrong.

And that's not me trying to embarrass you. I really have no interest in that. I'm not trying to show that YOU are wrong. I'm trying to show that your INFORMATION is wrong. It's not personal. My desire is to protect my people, and whoever is "my neighbor", from information that is dangerous and destructive to their well being. What if bad information was being fed, on purpose, to minority communities so that WE can go out there and get sick and spread it all around our communities, while those telling us these lies are safely isolated? I'm not saying this is the case. I'm saying what if it is? Are you comfortable being a tool in someone's plan to kill us? Serious non-rhetorical question for you.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/28/2020 10:07:55 PM

I know you don't like the shutdowns. No one does. But these doctors you're talking about aren't saying what you want them to say. They're not saying that we didn't need the shutdowns and social distancing. They're talking about the affects of not pivoting; of "a continued shutdown". That concern is well founded. There comes a point where the curve has been flattened and hospitals have already gone back to treating regular illnesses.

In some places, there may have never been more than a handful of covid cases in the area in the first place. But that's because of the shutdowns. My coworker has a girlfriend who is a surgical nurse for elective surgeries. Last thing he told me was that they have a backlog of patients now. But every state has different shutdowns in place and it is their responsibility to tell people when they can open up and when its safe for people with normal cases to go back to the hospital. If they're too scared to do so then that's not the fault of the CDC.

You can't force them to make the best decision. Same with suicide or murder. My best friend just lost a cousin to murder right after the shutdown started ending and more businesses were opening up. Divorces are up too, but how much of that can you blame on either the virus or the response to it. The government is supposed to help protect you, but not your relationships, not make decisions for you, not make sure you have a job, etc. It's not supposed to be 100% responsible for all these things. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a democracy. And you seem to be a red blooded, freedom loving, person who is agitated at even the thought of government overreach.

How do you square that with worries about financial instability, unemployment, despair, drug addiction, unplanned pregnancies, poverty, and abuse? Which one of these things do republicans see as the government's job to manage? And if we went to war and that war caused financial instability, unemployment, despair, etc. which Republican would say we need to stop the war because of all the collateral damage? Republicans are for LIMITED government, not "big brother". Do I have compassion towards all those people? Of course I do. At the same time we have to weigh the interests of all the people who could die as a direct consequences of us being too hasty in returning to normal. I want things back to normal too, but we need testing and contact tracing at the very least. I understand where those doctors are coming from but what is the CDC saying? Because all doctors do not specialize in all areas of medicine, nor do they all have experience with global pandemics.

You have to have a balance, and that balance may be different from state to state. That's why its called the United States and not the Federation of North America. Each state has a government elected by the people of that state. And they have to decide, especially since the decision to close was left to them, they have to decide when it is best FOR THEM to reopen. And that's going to be informed by health concerns on both sides of the issue. I appreciate you sharing one side, but they have to hear both sides and come to a decision that may be the best compromise they can think of. Because you can find hundreds of doctors on one side and thousands on the other. That doesn't mean the 100 are right just because they have a dissenting opinion. Even Federal judges have dissenting opinions. It's allowed. That doesn't mean it automatically wins or is correct.

Messenger: The BANNED — Hemphill Sent: 5/29/2020 2:51:33 AM

You keep saying this troublesome phrase over and over: “it is governments job to protect the people”... I say NO. Not at all! It is the governments job to SERVE the people. As soon as we place the decision making of “what is best for us” in the hands of others (especially career politicians who make millions off of a 100K salary), we lose something extremely important to being human. Free will. To me, that’s what this is all about. We can, and have, argued both sides of the coin medically. It’s obvious we won’t reach a common ground there. You say it’s Trumps Federal Health Department that caused these Governors to fill nursing homes with COVID-19 patients as if it was Trump himself making the decision. I say I don’t give a shit WHO put the plan into motion **it isn’t Trump, this is happening in Europe and Australia too because the U.N set the standard with insurance actuaries!** They can all burn! Because at the end of the day, IT HAPPENED AND IS HAPPENING! And it wasn’t just elderly returning to the nursing home after being released from the hospital.. here is a very unsettling (extremely underreported) incident of a YOUNG man who was COVID-positive being sent to a nursing home, and physically punching some of the elderly there..

Gov. Cuomo is on the hot seat for sending 4,500 people to nursing homes and many people are protesting this, even after it was reversed, with signs that read “Cuomo killed my mother” and there is a lawsuit potential there too. It might already be pending. Interestingly enough, Cuomo has given immunity to nursing home executives after big campaign donations AND New York Department of Health has scrubbed the original order from Cuomo on this issue... it is no longer visible... That’s really what this is all about. BIG MONEY. Hospitals and health care facilities (who give big donations) get $13,000 for every COVID-19 positive and $39,000 for every COVID-19 positive on a ventilator.

I mean come on man!! You don’t see it?? Washington health officials: Gunshot victims counted as COVID-19 deaths.... They had predictions saying 2 million PLUS were going to die in the US and used THESE models as the justification for the shutdowns.. It isn’t EVEN CLOSE to that bad and never would have been. So now they are inflating the numbers anyway they can EVEN BY SENDING COVID-POSITIVE YOUNG PEOPLE TO NURSING HOMES to keep the lockdowns going as long as possible. This has been very well planned out years ago by the U.N and Gates running “Event 201” to practice for it.

Again, these are the sickest people in the world, who boast about population control by forced inoculations and sterilization, have systematically killed 19 MILLION black babies via abortion, on and on and on.. AND WE THINK THEY ARE HERE TO PROTECT US??!! No! From their own documents there are here to KILL US! Governments role is to SERVE the people, not control what we can do with our own bodies and control our very movement and tell us what we can see, think, and say! Protests all over the country, left wing and right wing, uniting to end these lockdowns! That’s what the people want! But the system wants hoards of people yelling and screaming at you, forcing you out of the store for not wearing a worthless tee shirt mask.

This is a power grab. Plain and simple.

Messenger: The BANNED — Hemphill Sent: 5/29/2020 8:25:34 PM

The talking points are lost. The narrative isn’t supported by the people. The COVID plan isn’t working as expected... Cue the race wars.

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/30/2020 1:40:44 AM

Hemp: You keep saying this troublesome phrase over and over: “it is governments job to protect the people”... I say NO. Not at all!

You need to go back to school or at least re-read your republican talking points. The police were created to "serve AND protect". The main reason the federal government exists at all is to maintain the military and transportation. If you disagree with the military then how are you pro-Trump at all? You need to re-read your Russian script. Every country has to provide for the defense (aka protection) of its citizens.

So, with all due respect, who cares what you say? Read the Constitution.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 130131 - 140141 - 150151 - 160161 - 170171 - 180181 - 190191 - 200
201 - 210211 - 220221 - 230231 - 240241 - 250251 - 260261 - 268

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I