Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7239&start_row=11

"How To Convert a Rastafari into a Christian"

1 - 1011 - 17
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/5/2019 1:11:23 PM

Yes, I am Christian. But as King I am equally Christian, Muslim and Pagan" (Acadamic Honours oh His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I)

WOW

Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 12/5/2019 8:08:13 PM

What is the rest of the quote? What is the context that Selassie said these words?

In the quote, Selassie says that He is a Christian. And makes the distinction between His personal faith and that as His duties as a King. As a King who's people are Christian, Muslim, and Pagan; He will be asked of His people to act for them, build religous structures such as mosques, allowing the space and safety of religious celebrations to take place, passing laws that protect their rights to religious freedoms, etc.

So what is the rest of the context of the quote?

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 12/5/2019 11:59:28 PM

Found a picture with the quote RastaGoddess & GARVEYS AFRICA posted. The picture is on facebook and shows an excerpt from the Acadamic Honours oh His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I:

Interviewer: "Et l'affaire des chrétiens du sud soudanais. En tant que chef d'un Etat chrétien ne vous sentez-vous pas coné cerné?"

Haile Selassie I: "Je suis chrétien, mais en tant que souvetan, je ne suis pas plus chréties que musulman ou paien. Etes-vous sûn qu'il s'agisse seulement de chrétiens? Je ne suis pas très informé de cette affaire. Si on nous demande le drois d'asile nous l'accorderons. Mais je ne considere pas que ce soit un problème très grave et le soudan est notre ami."

GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:

Interviewer: "And the case of South Sudanese Christians. As a leader of a Christian state do not you feel conerned?"

Haile Selassie I: "I am a Christian, but as a souvetan, I am no more Christian than Muslim or pagan. Are you sure they are only Christians? I am not very knowledgeable about this case. If we are asked for asylum rights we will grant it. But I do not consider it to be a very serious problem and the Sudan is our friend."

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 12/6/2019 12:54:22 AM

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 12/6/2019 2:39:10 AM

Haile Selassie did not say "Yes, I am a Christian, but as King I am equally Christian, Muslim, and Pagan".

Selassie I said that "I am a Christian, but as a sovereign, I am no more Christian than Muslim or Pagan."

Selassie was being asked if he was concerned about the Christians in South Sudan, due to the fact that He is a Christian leader.

Haile Selassie I is impartial. And being impartial, He does not concern Himself with partiality. So when the interviewer is asking if HIM as a Christian leader is concerned for the Christians in South Sudan, He responds by showing that He is impartial, as a King, He is no more a Christian than a Muslim or Pagan. And if needed, He will grant asylum rights to those in need of them.

His Majesty speaks much on impartiality, religious freedom and tolerance.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/6/2019 6:48:29 AM

It is another reason to I why InI do not have to profess to the alleged religious beliefs of I sovereign King. He is still I King. Just like with the parents analogy I often make: One can love / idolise / follow the example of... ones parents, without sharing the same religion.....as I'm sure is the case with many newly converted Ras.

InI don't have to be Ethiopian Orthodox to claim Haile Selassie as InI redeemer.

When you check it, all Ras a pagan anyway

Give thanks RastaGoddess

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 12/6/2019 9:39:45 AM

I've been meditating on Yeshua and how he told the parable of the good Samaritan. The good Samaritan is blessed for helping a down-pressed human, not by keeping the sabbath, or studying Torah.

Heres the full story:https://biblehub.com/kjv/luke/10.htm

Christ emphasized love and tolerance above all dogma and tradition.
Everyday I find out how more King Selassie emulated Christ and why so many feel he is Christ returned and crowned with glory and not thorns.
The man lived for others. Heading the UN, sleeping 4 hours a day and praying 1 to serve his people 19hours a day....so Bob sang "every day we pay the price we are the living sacrifice..." JAH would not stop and though the derg tried to stop HIM, it is only the beginning of Rastafari , Ethiopia will recover- the king still sits on the throne

1 - 1011 - 17

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I