Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7216&start_row=1

What is Satanic?

1 - 10
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/29/2019 1:25:51 PM

Is Dante's inferno an accurate depiction of hell? Or is it an artist rendering; a lie, not meant to deceive but rather to frighten people into better moral character?

While I don't believe there is or ever was a "Satan" there is and will always be an adversarial principle. And you either fight it or you try to coexist with it. I don't know which is better or worse. Perhaps it is just a matter of perspective.

Spirits are often thought of as ghosts but there are those who see spirits as energies or vibrations. Going in deeper, it is more of a state mind. In Japan someone might ask you if you are in good spirits. This existed in English too but is more obsolete in modern speech.

It is my position that the same way people see gods as real is the same way people see spirits as real while others see gods as different energies, forces, or mental states and see spirits in that same level of meta (beyond, higher) physical ie spiritual. This is also the difference between seeing people as demon possessed vs seeing people as suffering from mental illness.

What people see is tainted by their beliefs and the biased perspective they have and force upon the world so that the world makes sense to them.

"A cognitive bias is a systematic pattern of deviation from norm or rationality in judgment. Individuals create their own "subjective social reality" from their perception of the input. An individual's construction of social reality, not the objective input, may dictate their behaviour in the social world." - wikipedia

When you reduce spirituality down to its base components you end up imagining people to demon possessed or devil worshipers. The point I want to make is that the opposite can be true and that the "works of the devil" are most often done by those who think themselves holy and righteous; by those who appear to be true believers.

Think back in time to the Dark Ages. This was a time when you couldn't have strong disagreements with "the church". The same way that disagreeing with Moses could have gotten you killed, was the same way that disagreeing with the Roman Catholic Church was "heresy". Calling it a name enabled people to demonize it and people to the extent that those people couldn't be tolerated by their righteous indignation. In reality, their indignation wasn't righteous. They were just indignant based on their own ego being inflamed by someone simply failing to agree with them. This failure to agree was such a sin that it provoked persecution, torture, and execution. They wanted people to recant; to say they agreed and that the church was right and whatever they believed was wrong. But they were the ones who were wrong. They were the ones murdering innocent people for their beliefs. They claimed that heretics where children of Satan but they were the ones doing Satan's work. In fact, as long as they existed with their world-size giga egos there didn't need to be a devil. They were the devil!

How is it possible that they got it so backwards?

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/29/2019 3:48:16 PM

During the Crusades millions upon millions of people died. 60 million according to the Catholic encyclopedia. This was like a religious World War. Not only did they target Muslims but Jews were also persecuted for not accepting the Trinity. How is it not evil to murder someone for believing something different?

People went along with it. Why? Because they felt like they were on the right side. So what if they weren't part of the group getting slaughtered, murdered, burned at the stake, enslaved, etc. as long as it didn't negatively effect them they could buy into this idea that what was happening to people, including all the pain they were collectively causing, was somehow what they deserved. And if they had to imagine a God that hated these people it gave them permission to hate them as well.

Hate. This is something that is often ignored and glossed over by Christians. It's all peace and love until they feel like you aren't going to accept their teachings. My point is that they often manufacture some reason to hate you that fits into their theology so that its not just them but rather God who is angry and upset and they're just working on his behalf.

But what's the difference, really, between this vengeful God who kills those who don't believe, and Satan?

In the Salem witch trials this spirit came around again. This time it targeted strong and outspoken women who didn't simply go along with the patriarchal view of women. And because they expressed opinions these 'men' were threatened by they claimed they were witches and in league with the devil.

This whole idea of people being in league with the devil has stuck around for a long time. It never embarrassed itself out of existence. It just moved on to new targets.

https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/11/living/5-things-satanists/

The Church of Satan, founded in the mid-1960s, explains it this way on its website: "Satan to us is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential. We do not believe in Satan as a being or person."

The Satanic Temple, which formed in recent years to fight a perceived intrusion of Christian values on American politics, says, "we do not promote a belief in a personal Satan. To embrace the name Satan is to embrace rational inquiry removed from supernaturalism and archaic tradition-based superstitions."

Why would satanists be OK with celebrating the birth of Jesus? Because, the Church of Satan claims, "Christians stole this holiday from the pagans -- Santa Claus has come to signify indulgence, and he is a combination of Dionysos and Silenus from Roman and Greek myths."

"So for the Yule holiday season we enjoy the richness of life and the company of people whom we cherish, as we will often be the only ones who know where the traditions really came from!"

https://www.cnn.com/2015/12/11/living/5-things-satanists/

And this is true. Christians basically stole pagan holy days and adopted them as Christmas and Easter. You would think that if anything sounded semi-satanic it would be integrating the holy day of all the major sun gods when in fact you believe that Satan's name was Lucifer ("light bearer").

But it is mystifying that all these conspiracy theorists don't go after Christianity the same way they think everything else is a satanic conspiracy. Is it because such a thing would be an indictment on their own group? A Christian is far closer to worshiping Satan than an atheist. How could an atheist be closer to worshiping someone he doesn't believe exists than someone who does believe and believe Satan is powerful. Worship is simply great respect/reverence. And every time Christians think satan is behind something/everything it makes him sound just as powerful as God.

So word of caution to Christians. Don't be too quick to say whose worshiping Satan.

...It might be you.

Happy Halloween :P

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 10/30/2019 12:42:44 PM

p4233335_ollantaytambo2_1500.jpg

Finding the secret of Jah, I also found out the secret of Satan. He is still around using these people. They still have private meetings.
This is a hard subject to speak about. After his Majesty showing himself to me, he let me see that dark side also. I was 26 and there was a large shadow that popped up out of nowhere and my classmate was with me and he was petrified at what he saw. At 41, a large beam of light appeared in front of me and it split in two. A large figure about 8 ft. tall stepped in between the 2 beams of light. I looked closer and I saw his nose flare as he was breathing. I ran away from that and did not look back. At 49, I was in Cusco Peru and I saw that things face carved in the side of the mountain. Everything is not what it seems. In England this things face is carved in the Hellfire caves.
Hellfire-Caves-West-Wycombe.jpg
George Washington was in contact with this thing also.
washington-freemason_big.jpg
Benjamin Franklin used to attend the Hellfire meetings.
This large alien I call Satan is connected to Putin and Trump is trying to jump on board. See how advanced their technology will be in the next 5 years. Today's pharoahs have a hidden agenda.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 10/30/2019 10:30:02 PM

MAN

Far wickeder than Satan

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 10/31/2019 2:55:17 PM

What is Satanic? This. This is Satanic.

A Texas school district board has unanimously approved a proposal to introduce transgender education for children as young as 8-years-old.

The Austin Independent School District rubber stamped the new curriculum, which will for the first time will see students taught about “gender identity and sexual orientation.”

“The lessons will also help kids identify an adult they can trust; plus talk to them about options if they get pregnant, and seventh graders would learn how to use a condom,” reports KXAN.

The curriculum is being described as “controversial” given that it will teach children as young as eight about gay anal sex and transgender identities.

Two groups held dueling rallies outside the school district headquarters, including Informed Parents of Austin, a group which seeks to prevent “bullying” and enforce “equality” within the school district.

The usual answer to this kind of story is ‘homeschool your kids,’ but similar things are being inserted into homeschooling curriculums too.

Over in the UK, efforts to introduce similar LGBT curriculums into schools have been met with fierce protests, almost exclusively from Muslim parents.

------

This entire spectrum is pure fuckery and satanism. The eternal covenant that God made with his people is symbolised with the rainbow. These devils have taken that symbol, the rainbow and used it to promote the most wicked actions imaginable. They are trying to flip Gods creation upside down, just as devils always do. Sexual immorality, pedophilia, and trying to synthetically, chemically and surgically, change genders. 100% satanic.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 11/4/2019 3:02:39 PM

does Satan exist?

I think the parable of the two sons will give insight;

Matthew 21:28-30 King James Version (KJV)

28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.

29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.

Again, there was a son of King David who tried to succeed His Father's Throne, and there was (civil) war in Israel, much like "and there was a war in heaven".

Then there is Manwë and Melkor from Tolkien's world.

Remember, Christ said the devil comes to kill, steal and destroy, but He came to give us life and life in abudance. (John 10:10)

Thank Jah The Lord for life.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 11/5/2019 9:35:08 AM

AN AFRIKAN PERSPECTIVE

As Afrikan/Rastafari people who reject Western (devil?) philosophy and religion, we overstand the principles of "God" and the "devil" from a cosmological, spiritual, cultural and symbolic perspective as opposed to the western literal one.

One can ask about the Yoruba "diety" (principle) Esu or the Kemetic Set (from whom the western Satan was derived from), however the Afrikan spiritual/creative principles/energies were SYMBOLIC of the higher/lower ("good/evil") vibrations both within man and outside of man, the science of negative and positive. Energy (spirit?) can either heal you or corrupt you. It's not more complicated than that. We overstand that we are part of Creation, which is both negative and positive. Yin/Yang.

“African Religion doesn’t know a cosmic principle of evil like the devil in the Christian and Muslim faith.”Gregor Schmidt, MCCJ Contemporary Beliefs about Witches and Witchcraft in Kenya, p.3

"Within the African worldview there is no concept of a devil that is in constant battle with God. Onlythrough colonization and enslavement have Africans adopted such a notion, and in some instances theyhave infused it into their own indigenous belief systems.” The African Concept of God,p. 6

"African spirituality does not recognize any all-powerful supernatural being that is hell bent on deposingthe creator as master of the universe. Consequently thereis no word for ‘Devil’ in most African languages. In their pathetic disingenuous attempt to translate the alien concept of ‘devil’ into African languages, the unimaginative purveyors of the intolerant alien creeds (Islam,Christianity) distorted, mangled anddemonized otherwise reputable African deities like Esu & Ekwensu. ‘Devil’ is a figment of superstitiousJudeo-Christian/Islamic imagination; a convenient fall-guy to explain their moral failing .” Esu: The Revenge Of Bishop Ajayi Crowther, By Remi Oyeyemi, Nigeria Village Square”

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 11/5/2019 10:32:56 AM

Remember the two trees,
two brothers (Cain & Abel)

I don't think the devil was ever supposed to be a single literal person, even if he appears so in stories. I mean think about this. No, I mean REALLY think about this. The idea that a human writes a story featuring a conversation between God and the devil is kind of ridiculous... unless it was fabricated in order to set up and explain a story that already happened in hindsight.

Stop there for a minute. I don't think everyone always realizes that every bible story happened before it was ever written about. Which means the writer has 100% hindsight. Which means never getting caught off guard by inconvenient facts because you can always simply write whatever you need to make it make sense in your world view. And if it doesn't? Then you just don't tell that story. This means that every bible story is essentially curated content.

In the case of Job, what is the writer really trying to explain?

The real question isn't about the faith of Job as many would imagine. The real question is "why do bad things happen to good people who believe in God? Why doesn't God help them and prevent harm from coming to them?"

Think about it. It's a reasonable question to ask. After all, when God wasn't "with" the Israelites in Egypt (with as in protecting them) they were free to be whatever they wanted. I'm sure many followed the Egyptian gods while many others were atheists or agnostic. And we can really surmise this by the ease in which they turned away from YHVH; many times.

So if you're writing a story meant to unify people around a singular deity then you, at some point, want to tackle the questions that people would have. After all, polytheism didn't have this problem. If there are multiple gods then it isn't any one god's job to watch your back. You have to choose that god and petition that god to help or protect you.

This is where Satan comes in.

Satan is the best thing to ever happen to YHWH. Let me repeat that and then explain it before people start (or continue) to accuse me of worshiping Satan.

Satan is the best thing to ever happen to YHWH.

Now how do I defend this statement? Think about it. Satan balances the equation by being a negative force. Instead of God (YHVH) being responsible for everything, people could take all the bad things and believe (pretend) that Satan is responsible for those things. This allows people to cherry pick from every single event in nature. Whereas... nature doesn't have a universal good or bad agenda. Nature is simply the logical equation of all the forces in the universe interacting with each other. Energy in the form of a lion may consume energy in the form of a zebra. What's good for the lion is not universally good because its not relatively good for the zebra.

By the same token you cannot call God's actions in the bible good because they were only relatively good for certain people while being bad for others. In order to deal with the logical problem this poses for morality, moral thinkers simply justified the actions of God (the literary character they created... sorry folks) by assigning blame to the parties that were "consumed".

How do you blame the Canaanites for not believing in God (YHWH)? Whose fault was that? Noah preached for over 100 years? How many years did Abraham preach for? Abraham not only lived in Canaan but he also passed through Egypt and interacted with the Pharaoh. Instead of preaching the gospel of YHVH he deceived him into thinking his half-sister wife was just his sister. Instead of preaching YHWH to a the leader of Egypt and possibly converting them all, his descendants end up "enslaved" there for 400 years. ...which is an interesting turn of events.

Instead of all the conflict in Exodus, they could have gone the Jesus route of preaching and performing miracles. Because they didn't we don't know how many people died as a result. But again... these stories are told in hindsight. So things happened and they had to use God in some way to make the best sense out of what had already happened. They couldn't completely rewrite history. They could only tweak it.

If you're thinking critically then you might already know the point I'm getting to. The same justification for invading Canaan in essentially the same justification any tribal warrior nation could use as a pretense for invasion and pillaging. A similar justification was used in the taking of America and of course that same justification extended to the taking of Africans to use as a work force. All they had to say was "but they didn't worship our God so our God is cool with us beating them and taking them as spoils of war". In OT thinking its perfectly okay to make someone your geopolitical enemy, even though they haven't provoked you as a group in any way shape or form, even though your ancestor lived among them peacefully, and then steal their land and taking their women and children to be slaves, wives, concubines, etc.

This is what makes the crime of the transatlantic slave trade so heinous to us to this day and why we're still feeling the results of this... thinking. It is an idea as old as the bible and that's how they justify it. They say "you did it [slavery] too" so "why u mad bro?". And this makes it difficult to argue the moral obscenity of it all, because God = morality to them.

Again, nature doesn't really care. It doesn't judge the lion or the tiger for eating what they eat. It doesn't judge them from defending their territory from other lions or tigers. But animals aren't widely known to be homicidal and killing outside of their need to eat. More harsh than nature is the idea of Satan. Satan is therefore used to explain the propensity in humans towards evil. It has to be Satan because believers and those who master belief in order to control believers, they cannot put the responsibility for this on God. There had to be a shadow to his light. Otherwise, what would be the point? What would be the point in serving one God when that same God was just as likely to work against you as work for you? What was the point if that same God was just as likely to curse you as bless you? The whole point in serving a god, for them, wasn't because he was the king of the universe but in exchange for that power being used for their benefit.

After all, where does the idea of kings and queens come from? Is this an alien concept that we humans adopted? Or is it a human concept that places higher power on a higher level of reverence? We respect power inherently the same way the lion pride respects the Alpha male. The alpha male is a "king of kings" because all lions are kings but the alpha is the king of his pride. His power is worthless if he wont use it to defend the pride. We see these group dynamics in early Israelite history as the Hebrews politically protested and tried to reject the authority of Moses which he was not born with, but rather was indivisible of this idea of God being YHWH that all came from him. Because they only knew of the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob". They didn't know him as the name that Moses introduced.

If Moses was introducing YHWH as a different god altogether from the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, how would anyone have known? And this is similar to what Paul did by telling the gentiles that his God was the same as their one invisible God. But does that mean that they knew God before? Who was this invisible God that they knew? Who spoke to him? What did he tell them to do? And are there any conflicts? None of this is ever answered of course, because, imo, its a con job. It's an attempt to borrow credibility and legitimacy from people's own historical past.

"oh yeah, you remember that time someone gave you the money you needed to pay your rent? That was me."

The goal of this is basically to make you feel indebted. It was the whole "salvation" thing that made people in the OT feel indebted to God. And in the NT the debt continues as "slaves to sin" and so this creates a sense of willing servitude for believers who cannot help but be gracious and loving in return for grace and love.

But what if its a lie?

What if we simply exist as part of nature where the strong often use the weak in order to eat and no one ever really protects us. Instead, we, like most animals, have defense mechanisms that we continue to evolve, that help us cope with our environment. Some animals are great at running away, others great at hiding, others are poisonous, and others just leave a bad bad taste in your mouth. We tend to heap praise on others when we all have to use these inborn tools in order to survive in a world where both good and bad things happen to ALL of us despite our beliefs and affiliations. And whenever we seek after someone else to provide salvation we do not focus and concentrate on building the tools we ourselves need to save ourselves. We try to give someone else that responsibility.

This is why Satan is the best thing to ever happen to God. Because as long as we separate nature into forces of light and darkness and apply evil to Satan we will continue to excuse evil and confuse it for the will of God whenever it benefits one group over another. And as long as we can be part of that "in group"... and support evil actions in disguise... we will continue to allow those willing to speak for God to control us for their own profit.

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/15/2021 3:49:31 AM

IPXninja

Today we are re-entering the dark ages.

Church is telling the government what to do. Church is telling the big corporations what to do.

The pope is Satan in flesh.

King James was a Black man

They hate the King James Bible because King James the Black Man spread the true word of Jah.

The Roman Catholic Church did not want others to read the Bible and still to this day have changed multiple texts.

The Catholic Church changed multiple passages in the Bible to take people away from the truth.

The Catholic Church greatly worships Satan as the son of God and practices sun worship paganism.

The Catholic Church call themselves christians and so many others, but really they are just Satanic!

They worship Lucifer!

The Catholic Christians killed millions of innocent people. Today they are behind the riots. The Catholic Church killed millions of Ethiopian Christians.

The Catholic Church sent out colonialists to colonise the world.

The Catholic Church is not true Christian.

The Catholic Church killed millions of true Christians including Ethiopian Christians.

Still to this day, The pope of Rome and The Catholic Church are behind the murdering of millions of innocent people here in Africa.

More Fire upon the Vatican

Fire burn the pope in Rome

Messenger: MELCHEZIDEK Sent: 11/15/2021 4:08:36 AM

Today all religions and churches have bowed to Satan in flesh also known as the pope of Rome.

The pope of Rome is Satan in flesh.

All churches are worshiping Lucifer or Satan the prince of darkness. They are under the powers of the pope of Rome.

The Muslims, Hindus and all denominations as well as other religious leaders have signed an agreement with the pope of Rome (Satan in flesh) that they will be united with the Church of the pope which is the Satanic Catholic Church.

The Catholics are not real Christians!

The Catholics worship Satan!

Ethiopians are the real Christians.

Haile I
King Emmanuel I
Blessed love

1 - 10

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I