Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7193&start_row=1

Was Sellasie I a part of the fault in Eritrean blood?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 9/25/2019 8:03:34 AM

Greetings JAH RASTAFARI

I have been reading about Selassie I for a while and I&I give thanks to see him as a rolemodel for what he did for africa and the world. But I have one thing that is hard to think about when I give thanks and praises. I have read that he buchtered eritreans. And I know of course that people die in war, but I feel murder is still murder. So I&I would like to hear your thoughts on that tobic. Give Thanks.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/1/2019 3:17:32 AM

Greetings Rasta Youth,
Can you please specify where/when Haile Selassie I supposedly butchered Eritreans?
As far as I know, the Eritrean/Ethiopian conflict began in the late 1990's, more than 20 years after Haile Selassie I disappeared from the scene. Obviously Haile Selassie I was not involved in that war. If you are talking about the Italio-Ethiopian war, when Italians invaded Ethiopia with the help of Eritrea who was at the time a colony of Italy, then Haile Selassie I had the right to fight against anyone who was invading his country. Although "butchering" is definitely not the right word - that was more the word to describe Italy's treatment of Ethiopians. Italy broke international law and used heinous means to try to gain control over Ethiopia - all Ethiopia and Haile Selassie I did was defend (with minimal weapons) their nation.
Read the autobiographies of Haile Selassie I for more information, and for external sources that prove his story to be accurate.

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 10/1/2019 4:42:45 AM

I&I give much thanks <3 <3

Big up to you for teaching I&I

Inna di name of JAH Raaaastafari

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/3/2019 2:47:06 AM

Yes Bredren
JAH Love

Messenger: Bomboclaat Sent: 3/28/2020 4:47:30 AM

First of all, Eritrea-Ethiopia war started in 1961. Eritrea got its independce in 1991 from Ethiopia. And about the Italians invasion, the Eritreans were prisoners of war, but the funny part is, as much as we celebrate him for fighting the white people from invading Ethiopia, he did not touch the Italians prisoners of war. He was still scared of the whiteman. Anyways I was not talking about that. After he decided to federate the once free Eritrea with Ethiopia during his rule, he massacred villages in the coast of RedSea, namely the massacre of Hirgigo, and also Af-Abet. Children and woman were BUTCHERED!!!
His motives? - Just because he felt like it

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 3/28/2020 10:47:17 AM

Hirgigo and Af-Abet both happened after Haile Selassie's rule, you could at least have your facts straight before making accusations.

What did happen during His Majesty's rule is unfortunate, but to pin it on HIM, like He was present giving specific directives is ridiculous. Events that occurred during the final years of His rule cannot be attributed to a government in decline, surrounded by corruption and propaganda. To suggest that any killing happened "just because he felt like it," is silly and speaks volumes about your bias, you assume He even knew these events were going to take place. Do you not realize that there were Eritreans that were actively instigating tensions, knowing they were provoking a military response. It is well documented that the first shots fired during the Eritrean Ethiopian war were from Eritreans.

Haile Selassie speaks for Himself:

http://www.jah-rastafari.com/selassie-words/show-jah-word.asp?word_id=vis_eritrea 

It was not His sole decision to incorporate Eritrea into Ethiopia either, there were multiple world governments with their hands in the pot.

How is a man who actively led His nation in a war against Italy showing fear by letting some P.O.Ws go free?

Your criticisms on this forum are born of your experience, which is unique to you, that does not mean they are universal truths.

Messenger: Jahcub I Sent: 3/28/2020 11:12:28 AM

Don't mind a one who refer to themselves as "Bomboclaat" haha

Come here to dis Selassie. Bomboclaat... The name says it all.

Foolishness

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 3/29/2020 12:41:48 AM

As you can see in the threads, I also had a hard time scolding Babylon propaganda with the real selassie. (You have to read the right sources.)

But that you come without becoming wiser to DISS my master with something that is not even right is just ...foolish fuckey

You know what

This side might not be for you

Messenger: Bomboclaat1 Sent: 4/4/2020 3:05:58 PMHidden
View Message  Reply

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 4/5/2020 5:35:39 PM

"A house built on granite and strong foundations, not even the onslaught of pouring rain, gushing torrents, and strong winds will be able to pull down. Some people have written the story of my life, representing as truth what in fact derives from ignorance, error, or envy; but they cannot shake the truth from its place, even if they attempt to make others believe it."- Emperor Haile Selassie

He knew bumboclots would try to dismiss truth with lies. INI stand strong. Rastaman still stand.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I