Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7193&start_row=1

Was Sellasie I a part of the fault in Eritrean blood?

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 9/25/2019 8:03:34 AM

Greetings JAH RASTAFARI

I have been reading about Selassie I for a while and I&I give thanks to see him as a rolemodel for what he did for africa and the world. But I have one thing that is hard to think about when I give thanks and praises. I have read that he buchtered eritreans. And I know of course that people die in war, but I feel murder is still murder. So I&I would like to hear your thoughts on that tobic. Give Thanks.

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/1/2019 3:17:32 AM

Greetings Rasta Youth,
Can you please specify where/when Haile Selassie I supposedly butchered Eritreans?
As far as I know, the Eritrean/Ethiopian conflict began in the late 1990's, more than 20 years after Haile Selassie I disappeared from the scene. Obviously Haile Selassie I was not involved in that war. If you are talking about the Italio-Ethiopian war, when Italians invaded Ethiopia with the help of Eritrea who was at the time a colony of Italy, then Haile Selassie I had the right to fight against anyone who was invading his country. Although "butchering" is definitely not the right word - that was more the word to describe Italy's treatment of Ethiopians. Italy broke international law and used heinous means to try to gain control over Ethiopia - all Ethiopia and Haile Selassie I did was defend (with minimal weapons) their nation.
Read the autobiographies of Haile Selassie I for more information, and for external sources that prove his story to be accurate.

Messenger: Ignorant/Wise Rasta Youth Sent: 10/1/2019 4:42:45 AM

I&I give much thanks <3 <3

Big up to you for teaching I&I

Inna di name of JAH Raaaastafari

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 10/3/2019 2:47:06 AM

Yes Bredren
JAH Love

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I