Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7186&start_row=41

Yeshua(Jesus) Vs Moshe(Moses)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/17/2019 4:33:15 AM

Yes Ninja,
I believe and know JAH spoke through Moses, HIM spoke through Yeshua, Haile Selassie, Marcus Mosiah Garvey too.

These would correlate with Judaism, Christianity and Rastafari.
Now the narritive best best overstood when we hear it from the narrive. If white people talking about a black culture has a whole different paradigm-mindset way of being thinking living than those who live in Africa traditionally like ancient ancestors who have a whole different consciousness.

Rabbinical Judaism of Europe and Middle East is not the same as Falasha Judaism of Ethiopia.

Now Rastafari look to Haile Selassie, Jews look to Moses, and so on...Each focus on their ideal to live up to yet they are all related and of JAH. Heres a prayer I'm reminded of:

In the name of Allah, the beneficent, the merciful.

Praise be to the Lord of the Universe who has created us and made us into tribes and nations, that we may know each other, not that we may despise each other. If the enemy incline towards peace, do thou also incline towards peace, and trust in God, for the Lord is the one that heareth and knoweth all things. And the servants of God, Most Gracious are those who walk on the Earth in humility, and when we address them, we say “PEACE.”

—Based on the Koran, 49:13, 8:61

Now Moses experience with Egypt does not tell Egypts story, America, the US as it is now and has been will probably never be able to tell a good story for Africa, what country speaks for another county? Neither can Christopher Columbus or Spain speak for the Aztec, Mayan and so many more people. I cannot tell my brothers story as well as him and he could not share my story as well as I could........Sometimes we get to a point where we can begin to represent another person or collective

There are people in every spiritual and cultural tradition that embody their religions and cultures and traditions. If we can learn from them it is foundation to knowledge (knowing about) and wisdom(embodying)

Many times of reading Haile Selassie quotes we start to tune in to the Kings mindset, vibration, spirituality. So others live their scripture or their tribal spoken word passed through thousands of years.

Now a days people have no culture, no tradition, nor religion, no roots. So we look around at the still existing ones searching for a way that will best develop them as a blessed soul. People lost roots.

It would be nice to have Yeshua and Moshe share their thoughts because few can speak for them very well, everyone got their own opinion and I respect that. I'm not going call anybody a Llama(TIbet), Rimpoche(Tibeatan), Rabbi(Jewish), Inman(Islam).

I dont think we should take a word like Rabbi and think we understand it simply means teacher in english. Theres alot lost in translation. :anguages are powerful that why often the oppressor would always ban the native language of those they oppressed.

Almost Every person believes their own religion/spiritual tradition is the best and they will easily find the flaws in another one. So instead of learning from the outside looking in, I find it better to learn by listening to someone livng on the inside and maybe going there myself to learn first hand expereince

Some of my personla favorite from Moses:
https://biblehub.com/kjv/deuteronomy/30.htm

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/17/2019 9:05:59 PM

With all due respect Jessep, I do understand what you're saying and where you're coming from. However, I must renew and insist that it is a limited view. It is your full right to continue in that view and I'm saying this only because you're commenting on my thread and not I on yours. But I just have to tell you, sincerely and honestly, everyone is not sincere. Everyone is not honest.

You believe its better to get it straight from the person. As a parent, I know that if a child (and I've raised and been part of the lives of 8 children in my home) has motive to lie, they will often do so. But if another child believes they might get in trouble then they will often tell on the other child. MANY times you only know what happened because of another child who was there at the time. I don't NOT listen to the child tell their own story. I simply don't limit myself to their version of it.

I'm sure you're also familiar with journalism. Fact finding in journalism is never dependent on a single source of information; especially if that single source has a motive or gains something by lying. So yes, you may get a good story from someone and you might believe them. But how do you KNOW it's true? That's why I asked how do you KNOW God spoke to Moses? Not why do you believe... but how do you KNOW? In science there is a process for saying that something is true and therefore knowledge. If it doesn't rise to that level then it is a belief. One should always be honest about what they believe vs what they know. This is what separates believers from seekers of knowledge.

The next thing I will say is that if you are a believer then whatever you tell your child is going to sound like the truth and they will want to believe it even if its a lie. This happens with santa claus and the tooth fairy. Even if it sounds outrageous and ridiculous, children don't expect their parents to lie and so they conflate that inherent authority with truth. I tell my kids ridiculous exaggerations all the time so that they wont believe everything I say but rather have to think about it themselves and determine if I'm just joking with them or not. But the idea that God spoke to Moses is almost entirely predicated on someone else believing the same thing. The story would never reach your ears if it wasn't for other people; other believers. So your believe would not exist if it wasn't for theirs. God didn't tell you that he spoke to Moses and Moses telling you God spoke to him wouldn't be enough to convince you. It's because other people believe it too and therefore enable the story whether true or false.

I could continue but two more points I have to mention. First is known lies. We know, for example, that Abraham lied because its in the story. Jacob lied. Jacob's wife lied. And for the sake of simplicity I'll use lie and deceive interchangeably unless you have objections. Jacob lied to his dying father. He was lied to by and lied to his father-in-law. Moses lied. Aaron lied. This isn't speculation or artful interpretation. The bible tells us this, plainly in most cases. There are conflicts in the narratives as well but it is only when we look outside the bible that we find that they also took stories from other cultures. We know the Deluge story was previously the Epic of Gilgamesh. So whoever was responsible for that being in the bible was lying and make it appear that it was the God of the Hebrews who was behind it and that it was one of their ancestors that God dealt with.

Every culture basically had their own gods that dealt with them. That's why even the biblical God, for Europeans, ends up being white. But this borrowing of culture is not a new thing. That's why if you go looking for similarities you'll find them all over the place. And if you think certain things happened the way they were written you are setting yourself to be lied to. Have you ever asked yourself why God appeared to Moses on a mountain and appeared to be made of fire?? Did you ever ask yourself, "why a burning bush?" Not only were mountain gods a common theme but at no other time in their history did they have to go up to a mountain and at no other time did God ever descend down in fire. Why is that? The only other stories of fire have to do with alters and that appears more to be a display of some kind of magic trick rather than anything spiritual. It was meant to make other magicians believe their God was the true God but often one prophets tricks could be matched by some other priest. But everyone who didn't know the trick thought it was a god at work.

For example there is an alter drenched with water but it still burns. Why? Well it is a fact that oil can burn, even in water because they don't mix. People back then used oil enough that many would have known this.

Again... you can believe whatever you want. You can even believe I'm lying if it makes you feel better. However, my point is that no one in the bible is immune to the human condition and that means they all had the potential to use lies and deceptions. The more their story is told in detail the more we see their flaws and that usually involves lies and deception. If you believe what the bible says then you know they lied. If you know this but believe they didn't lie about God talking to them then you're basically choosing / cherry picking which statements to believe as lies and which to believe as truth. But again... how do you KNOW??

I'll leave you with Jeremiah 8:8

How can you say, “We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?

respect.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 10/18/2019 12:15:14 AM

As far as a story, I will read the Autobiography of Haile Salassie as a main source. Biographys can share insight into his life, many try to degrade the king though . He is one that did not lie to us.

Good reasoning ninja

I glory in the Bible with The King
I will defend THE FAITH no mateer if 10,000 say 10,000 negative things eaxh about it

The different religions and cultures if humanity on this planet are many, I believe we need to see the good in them all, it is too easy to find flaws and bash eachother, we need to put in some effort to find the righteousness in all and bless up thise aspects no matter the source, culture, religion, way of life.Id like to see languages and cultures and spiritual traditions in African and the Americas and all over earth come back. Respectbis the key, promote the good in all, rebuke the unnecessary in all people, culture traditions, religiins...

Unity is strenghth, but much dialoge of division and burning ...yhat kind of mentality led to the holocaust and colonization and slavery

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 10/21/2019 8:36:23 PM

@Jessep

Jessep: The different religions and cultures if humanity on this planet are many, I believe we need to see the good in them all, it is too easy to find flaws and bash eachother, we need to put in some effort to find the righteousness in all and bless up thise aspects no matter the source, culture, religion, way of life.

Now you are speaking my language. This is a great quote. Let me share one addition scripture with you as for why one shouldn't limit themselves to a single source.

Deuteronomy 19:15 - One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

So just to reiterate this... lying was ALWAYS a problem. It was not a new invention and yes people lied even when the consequences were life and death to another person. This also effected Yeshua too as he was a victim of false witnesses. In fact, there's evidence that people simply paid people to lie for them. They lived in a world without DNA evidence. Can you imagine the injustices?

But because of all the lies it means that people understood that people would lie and that you couldn't really trust one person to tell you the whole story because it could only be their side of the story; their perspective. In order to have an objective and hopefully unbiased perspective you needed to weigh different perspectives. Okay, sure, that guy said there was no quid pro quo. But then this other dude said "we do it all the time. Get over it!" Who are you going to believe? They telling his own story or the guy trying to cover for him but who completely makes a bigger mess?

I'm not telling you to believe whatever I say. I think you should welcome multiple perspectives and use your own critical thinking to research and see which perspective is true. If I feel like could be wrong about something I try to remember to say that I could be wrong. But its the conflict between different ideas that I think is the most value for learning and growth. If it were up to Moses, no dissenting view would ever be allowed and if you didn't think Kim Jong Moses was the super best he would just order your execution. I don't think people truly grasp how important this point is... that Israelites were NOT ALLOWED to disbelieve Moses about Yahweh. They weren't allowed to contest this and therefore the bible exists in a partial vacuum because how do you find contemporaneously writings against Moses that would discredit him when he and his descendants had generations to find any such writings and remove them from history. Not only that but most people back then couldn't even write in the first place. So it would have been incredibly difficult to get that message out and for it to have survived until now.

The bible matches humanity in that, because it was written by humans, its prone to the same issues and temptations. The good thing about the bible is that it puts both the good and evil deeds of people on display. The issue I have is that it sometimes presents good as evil and evil as good by asserting God as having directed it. That's manipulation in my opinion. I cannot defend the taking of Canaan no more than I can defend the "manifest destiny" that oversaw Andrew Jackson's "Trail of Tears". There is positive and negative in all and we have to accept that in order to grow stronger. Stop looking o'er yonder for perfect. There's sin there too. Instead, we need to know sin and divide it from goodness in our application of life.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 44

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I