Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7157&start_row=1

Operation Nesta : Takeover

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 5/3/2019 12:10:15 PM

You keep coming back.

Messenger: Empress lioness 9 Sent: 5/4/2019 2:31:11 AM

Hemphill -

Yes.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 5/4/2019 3:19:18 AM

Is anyone banned from expressing their view here? Even "the BANNED" is not banned.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/4/2019 8:55:27 AM

Indeed

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 5/4/2019 2:03:49 PM

Well said RastaGoddess

Messenger: Orsemout Sent: 5/4/2019 4:53:45 PM

Garveys Africa. What is is you actually want from this website? Because long before Nesta1 joined everyone was still arguing with others. Have you thought of making your own message board where you can have what you want. Nesta1 isn't breaking any rules in here. But your whinging about him is becoming very tiring. YOU COULD ALWAYS JUST LEAVE AND BE HAPPIER.

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/5/2019 11:03:46 AM

You’d be surprised how many of us hold the upmost respect and love for our brothah Garveys. I suspect it isn’t his so-called “arguing” that causes offense (to the weak hearts) but rather his very AFRIKAN REVOLUTIONARY wordsound and relentless exposure of western mindset that ruffle feathers.

The likes of “Nesta” PALE in comparison.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 5/5/2019 12:59:51 PM

Not quite.

More like a recurring point of tension on this site has been the promotion of “black and white” as forms of speech and/or as a form of generalization. I have seen ample evidence on this site to suggest that the majority posting here (including me) fully reject the Babylon system and its wicked mentality, that we struggle against that mentality, and that we unanimously rebuke past violations of human rights perpetrated based upon prejudices about skin color or land of origin. What HAS created tensions here has been disputes over the use of black and white as forms of speech to denote or allude to good versus bad, righteous versus evil mentality, slave versus slaver, downpressed versus downpressor, racial superiority versus inferiority, one group of people versus another, and so forth.

Even after it has been politely and clearly pointed out that this terminology connotes racism, is provocative, can be offensive, and that we can very easily express our opinions on all different topics as RastafarI WITHOUT using it; some have chosen to double down on using it rather than respect the sentiments of others. When this is done, it’s difficult NOT to interpret such doubling down as signifying that antagonism, provocation and offensiveness toward fellow RastafarI are the deliberate intentions of using black and white here as forms of speech. Sometime little interpretation is required when such uses are accompanied by related insults.

Being both the Wise One and the Most High, H.I.M. Haile Selassie I clearly saw the problems with this form of speech and admonished us more than a half century ago to eliminate it: “I must say that BLACK AND WHITE as forms of speech, and as a means of judging mankind, should be eliminated from human society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever, colour, race, creed or national origin they may be.” (Haile Selassie I, May 1963). This was His observation and exhortation during an era of especially militant Black nationalism (of a rabidness & intensity that was counterproductive) and during which H.I.M. observed that “the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality” could never be attained as long as we kept allowing our minds to be perverted by notions of racial differences and inequality.

That His Majesty JAH RastafarI refused to countenance racism and racial discrimination in any form, or provocative actions/speech that would serve to foment racial tensions, is abundantly evident from His Teachings. In effect, H.I.M. declared over a half century ago, to those who heard and respected H.I.M., an end to the mentality of “black versus white”.

This (i.e., to uphold the Teachings of His Majesty) is why I&i have persisted in pushing back against what can only be concluded to be the deliberately provocative and antagonistic postings by only a few on this site. Be it born of unfocused resentment, hostility, immaturity and/or some other cause, there are a few here who have chosen to serve Babylon’s enduring mentality of divisiveness while demonstrating contempt for His Majesty’s Teachings and exhortations.

We all share a common enemy which is Babylon's evil mentality, and our strength in fighting it lies in our I-nity (or, at a minimum, refraining from disrespecting & tearing down one another). Promoting division, clannishness & separation along racial lines via direct “black and white” forms of speech or via indirect allusions thereto only serves to embolden that enemy and contribute to its cause while weakening our own.

JAH LOVE & INITY

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 5/5/2019 6:43:16 PM

His Majesty’s teachings also include the following (often SELECTIVELY IGNORED) and had NO ISSUES with AFRIKAN IDENTITY, Awareness, Consciousness and Experience:

So long as one African lives in subjugation, none of us is more than half free."
"- Haile Selassie I ቀ;ዳ;ማ;ዊ; ኃ;ይ;ለ; ሥ;ላ;ሴ;

"An awareness of our past is essential to the establishment of our personality and our identity as Africans.”

And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war. And until that day, the dream of lasting peace, world citizenship, rule of international morality, will remain but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained...

Africa is our nation and is in spiritual and physical bondage because her leaders are turning to outside forces for solutions to African problems when everything Africa needs is within her. When African righteous people come together, the world will come together. This is our divine destiny.

"That is why I decided to come myself to bear witness against the crime perpetrated against MY PEOPLE and give EUROPE a WARNING of the DOOM that awaits it, if it should bow before the accomplished fact.

In greater measure, Ethiopia will continue to support the campaign to end colonialism and will continue to do so until all dependent territories in Africa and elsewhere breathe the clean air of freedom and independence.

"Our liberty is meaningless unless all Africans are free"

Racial discrimination constitutes a negation of the spiritual and psychological equality which we have fought to achieve and a denial of the personality and dignity which we have struggled to establish for ourselves as Africans.

Those men who refused to accept the judgment passed upon them by the colonisers, who held unswervingly through the darkest hours to a vision of an Africa emancipated from political, economic, and spiritual domination, will be remembered and revered wherever Africans meet. Many of them never set foot on this continent. Others were born and died here. What we may utter today can add little to the heroic struggle of those who, by their example, have shown us how precious are freedom and human dignity and of how little value is life without them. Their deeds are written in history.

Haile Selassie
Towards African Unity - 1963

Let Us say, first of all, that Ethiopia considers herself a member of ONE GROUP ONLY - the AFRICAN group. We will join in any deliberations, we will consider any plan, we will debate any proposal anywhere, and at any time, provided that it contributes to the maintenance of world peace, the development of Africa's human and material resources, and the protection of this continent's legitimate interests."
Haile Selassie - 1961
(Selected Speeches 215)

TEACHINGS OF HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY...Ethiopia is a country with her own cultures and mores.These, our cultures and customs, more than being the legacy of our historical past, are characteristics of our Ethiopianness. We do not want our legacies and traditions to be lost. Our wish and desire is that education develop, enrich, and modify them.May the Almighty God be with you in the fulfillment of your duties. Sep. 23, 1963

Africa has struggled long and determinedly to rid itself of the yoke of oppression and exploitation. Africans now, with the end of the struggle in view, with this long-desired goal in sight, will not willingly see victory wrenched at the last moment from their grasp. Do not seek to perpetrate, in some different guise, the old forms of economic and political exploitation and oppression. If, in truth, the basic struggle in the world today is for the minds of men, then that nation or group of nations which seeks to impose its will upon any African people will most assuredly be vanquished in this struggle. Africa needs and desires and welcomes the help of others, both physical and moral, but Africa must nevertheless be left to develop herself, her people, her resources, as Africans determine. Leave to us, freely and without qualm, the choice between good and evil, between injustice and justice, between oppression and liberty. Our choice will be the right one, and History will judge us, and you, the better for it.

There are those who claim that African unity is impossible. That the forces which pull us, some in this direction, others in that, are too strong to be overcome. Let us confound them. And, by our deeds, disperse them in confusion." - Haile Selassie I

We are meeting here today to lay the basis for African unity. Let us, here and now, agree upon the basic instrument which will constitute the foundation for the future growth in peace and harmony and oneness of this continent. Let our meetings henceforth proceed from solid accomplishments. Let us not put off, to later consideration and study, the single act, the one decision, which must emerge from this gathering if it is to have real meaning. This Conference cannot close without adopting a single African Charter. We cannot leave here without having created a single African organisation possessed of the attributes We have described. If we fail in this, we will have shirked our responsibility to Africa and to the peoples we leawd. If we succeed, then, and only then, will we have justified our presence here.

Let us act as befits the dignity which we claim for ourselves as Africans, proud of our own special qualities, distinctions, and abilities. We must speak out on major issues, courageously, openly and honestly, and in blunt terms of right and wrong.

H.I.M

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 5/6/2019 1:04:34 AM

Yes, won't engage said Hemphill. This is the only solution I see for this reoccurring problem.

You’d be surprised how many of us hold the upmost respect and love for our brothah Garveys. I suspect it isn’t his so-called “arguing” that causes offense (to the weak hearts) but rather his very AFRIKAN REVOLUTIONARY wordsound and relentless exposure of western mindset that ruffle feathers.
Perfectly said Goddess

Selahsay I

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I