Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7140&start_row=1

Rwandan genocide From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to navigation Jump to search This article's lead section may be too long for the length of the article. Please help by moving some material from it into the body of the article. Please read th

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Chalice Sent: 4/6/2019 8:23:32 PM

Rwandan genocide
20 years already
African kings and soldiers can bb ruthless
This article's lead section may be too long for the length of the article. Please help by moving some material from it into the body of the article. Please read the layout guide and lead section guidelines to ensure the section will still be inclusive of all essential details. Please discuss this issue on the article's talk page. (April 2019)
"Tutsi Genocide" redirects here. For the genocide against the Tutsi in Burundi, see Burundian genocides § 1972, and § 1990–94. For the 1963 killings, see Rwandan Revolution § Tutsi refugees and inyenzi attacks.
Rwandan genocide
Part of Rwandan Civil War
Nyamata Memorial Site 13.jpg
Human skulls at the Nyamata Genocide Memorial
Location Rwanda
Date 7 April – 15 July 1994
Target Tutsi population, Twa, and moderate Hutus
Attack type
Genocide, mass murder
Deaths 500,000–1,000,000[1]
Perpetrators Hutu-led government, Interahamwe and Impuzamugambi militias
Motive Anti-Tutsi sentiment, Hutu Power
Part of a series on
Genocide
Issues

List by death toll Cultural genocide Democide Ethnic cleansing Ethnic relations Ethnocide Genocide Genocidal rape Utilitarian genocide Double genocide
Holocaust uniqueness debate Rwandan genocide Holodomor genocide question Extermination camp Effects of genocide on youth Genocides in history Genocide of indigenous peoples

Late Modern Period genocides

18th, 19th and first quarter of the 20th Century

Dzungar genocide, 1750s California Genocide, 1848–1873 Circassian genocide, 1860s Selk'nam genocide, 1890s–1900s Herero and Namaqua genocide, 1904–1907 Greek genocide, 1914–1917 Assyrian genocide, 1914–1917 Armenian Genocide, 1915–1917 Libyan Genocide, 1923–1932

Soviet genocide

Ethnic cleansing in the Soviet Union

Soviet famine of 1932–33
Holodomor, 1931–1933 Kazakhstan, 1930–1933 Mass Deportations during World War II
Kalmyks, 1943 Chechens and Ingush, 1944 Crimean Tatars, 1944

Nazi Holocaust and genocide (1941–1945)

Final Solution Porajmos Nazi crimes against ethnic Poles Nazi crimes against Soviet POWs Persecution of Serbs in the Independent State of Croatia

Cold War

Indonesian genocide (1965–1966) 1971 Bangladesh genocide (1971) Burundian genocides (1972 & 1993) East Timorese genocide (1974–1999) Cambodian genocide (1975–1979) Guatemalan genocide (1981–1983) Kurdish genocide (1986–1989) Isaaq genocide (1988–1989)

Contemporary genocide

Rwandan genocide (1994) Srebrenica massacre (1995) Bambuti genocide (2002-2003) Darfur genocide (2003–) Genocides by ISIS (2014–)
Yazidi genocide Shia genocide Christian genocide Central African genocide Rohingya genocide (2017–)

Related topics

Khmer Rouge Killing Fields Hutu Power Mass killings under Communist regimes Rohingya people Anti-communist mass killings Mass killings compilation

Category

vte

The Rwandan genocide, also known as the genocide against the Tutsi,[2] was a mass slaughter of Tutsi in Rwanda during the Rwandan Civil War, which had started in 1990. It was directed by members of the Hutu majority government during the 100-day period from 7 April to mid-July 1994.[1] An estimated 500,000 to 1,000,000 Rwandans were killed, constituting an estimated 70% of the Tutsi population.[1] Additionally, 30% of the Pygmy Batwa were killed.[3][4] The genocide and widespread slaughter of Rwandans ended after the Tutsi-backed and heavily armed Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF), led by Paul Kagame, took control of the capital, Kigali, and the country. An estimated 2,000,000 Rwandans, mostly Hutu, were displaced and became refugees.[5]

The genocide was organized by members of the core Hutu political elite, many of whom occupied positions at top levels of the national government. Perpetrators came from the Rwandan army, the Gendarmerie, and government-backed militias including the Interahamwe and Impuzamugambi. The majority of the actual killings in the countryside were carried out by ordinary civilians.

The genocide took place in the context of the Rwandan Civil War, a conflict beginning in 1990 between the Hutu-led government and the Rwandan Patriotic Front (RPF). The latter was made up largely of Tutsi refugees whose families had fled to Uganda after the 1959 Hutu revolt against colonial rule. Waves of Hutu violence against the RPF and Tutsi followed Rwandan independence in 1962. International pressure on the Hutu government of Juvιnal Habyarimana resulted in a ceasefire in the civil war in 1993, with a road-map to implement the Arusha Accords. This was intended to create a power-sharing government with the RPF. Numerous conservative Hutu, including members of the Akazu, opposed the Accords, believing they were a concession to enemy demands.

The RPF military campaign had resulted in some intensified support for the so-called "Hutu Power" ideology, which portrayed the RPF as an alien force. In radio programs and other news, the Tutsis were portrayed as non-Christian, intent on reinstating the Tutsi monarchy and enslaving the Hutus. Many Hutu reacted to this prospect with extreme opposition.

On 6 April 1994, an aeroplane carrying Habyarimana and Burundian President Cyprien Ntaryamira was shot down on its descent into Kigali.[6] At the time, the plane was in the airspace above Habyarimana's house. The assassination of Habyarimana ended the peace accords.

Genocidal killings began the following day. Soldiers, police, and militia quickly executed key Tutsi and moderate Hutu military and political leaders who could have assumed control in the ensuing power vacuum. Checkpoints and barricades were erected to screen all holders of the national ID card of Rwanda, which contained ethnic classifications. (The Belgian colonial government had introduced use of these classifications and IDs in 1933.) This enabled government forces to systematically identify and kill Tutsi.

They also recruited and pressured Hutu civilians to arm themselves with machetes, clubs, blunt objects, and other weapons and encouraged them to rape, maim, and kill their Tutsi neighbors and to destroy or steal their property. The RPF restarted its offensive soon after Habyarimana's assassination. It rapidly seized control of the northern part of the country and captured Kigali about 100 days later in mid-July, bringing an end to the genocide. During these events and in the aftermath, the United Nations (UN) and countries including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Belgium were criticized for their inaction and failure to strengthen the force and mandate of the UN Assistance Mission for Rwanda (UNAMIR) peacekeepers. In December 2017, media reported revelations that the government of France had allegedly supported the Hutu government after the genocide had begun.[7][8][9][10]

Animals, taking machetes to chlldren and women in mudreous fashion. Obyaman and devil bad spirits.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 4/7/2019 9:31:48 PM

What was the point in bringing this up?

And this doesnt paint the full story. There has always been tribal war between tutsi and hutu. The hutu are the majority while the tutsi had traditionally been the ones in power. After colonialism the white supremacists disturbed this balance and put thr power in thr hands of the hutu. The hutu committed many crimes against their tutsi neighbours who had to leave the country to neighbouring Buganda etc where they joined up and formed military sects such as the RPF.

Then they returned to Rwanda and fucked things up from they wouldnt take it anymore.

Thats the background behind the Rwandan genocide.

At the heart of it we see a finely balanced tribal system disturbed by the white man and his colonialism resulting in an country's implosion

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/8/2019 2:10:28 AM

The pressures of dwindling availability of arable land in the face of growing population and the generational subdivision to unviable sizes of family farming plots are underlying causes of the Rwandan genocide that are not mentioned in the article. Environmental pressures (which can be very acute, as in this case) are frequently overlooked or ignored by those seeking to play the blame game.

Messenger: Chalice Sent: 4/8/2019 6:49:30 PM

Oh yes G.A every single genocide according to you - that ever happened in Africa was caused by colonialism. Even long before colonialists existed in Africa.

"The genocide was organized by members of the core Hutu political elite, many of whom occupied positions at top levels of the national government. Perpetrators came from the Rwandan army, the Gendarmerie, and government-backed militias including the Interahamwe and Impuzamugambi. THE MAJORITY OF THE ACTUAL KILLINGS IN THE COUNTRYSIDE WERE CARRIED OUT BY ORDINARY CIVILIANS"

G.A. You innately hate white men and you're not afraid to say it - you're full of hate that's why you and Hemphill are in bed together. Birds of a feather....using Patios derogatory words to other users on here shows who you really are. A hate filled antagonist.

Messenger: Chalice Sent: 4/8/2019 6:58:20 PM

Why do you think his majesty was trying to bring all of Africa together? You couldn't share your neighbour a cup of water or piece of fruit for hate of each other and its been like that for centuries. African slaves sold slaves long before whites did. In fact, they probably got the idea from the Blacks of Africa. So stop blabbering on your nonsense about white this and white that you'll go to your grave full of hatred for your fellow humankind.

Messenger: Chalice Sent: 4/8/2019 8:12:57 PM

Personally G.A, I think the demons inside you made you give up using herb. I just couldn't think like you when i'm meditating on it. No offence - But When I smoke, if something i've said or done at work or so - to someone if we're under pressure or so -when i come home have a spliff I feel as shit as fuck about it. The herb is telling me I was wrong and next day I set out to try be a better person.

Now that sounds to me like holiness...all you do is give bad references to Herb. I like to cook with mine, i like to smoke it,I like the way it makes me feel all night. I'm not mad when i ingest it, you are.

Who are you to come on a Rastafari site and tell them not to use their sacrament? Then have the cheek to publicly humiliate them in Patios.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/8/2019 9:37:17 PM

All people have the seeds of evil somewhere down in their beings and the capacity to commit unthinkable horrors. To me, being RastafarI means to resist that evil (which the Babylon system seeks to cultivate), and to promote goodness and brotherly love among ALL people by seeking H.I.M. first. No fraction of I-manity (e.g., Black, White, Jew, Christian, Russian, Chinese, etc.) has some greater or lesser propensity toward manifesting evil in its actions. The drive to promote such a belief among a potentially malleable audience is simply another manifestation of the spiritual wickedness against which we struggle as a people pursuing Righteousness. Similarly, those who ridicule and belittle the promotion & pursuit of Righteousness are either deliberately or unwittingly advocating the opposite.

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I