Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7117&start_row=11

Spirituality

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/3/2019 2:15:10 PM

jus wonderin. How do the rastafarians make such intelligent post about him haile selassie i the savior of ethiopia addis hospital. And plus that him passed on rasmi's post day. So what goes on that head of the i rastafarian. Aso we a love hem yes but rasta dont work for no cia is what bob said. Is her majesty the cia or sumthin. And also that man has to be so sad. But still god~jah~yah~igziabeher what is the purpose of her majesty as rastafarian or him his fav rasta~ him i prey fi u. And her majesty as well. Just allow dem youngins fi rest in peice jah feel me. You must be jah ark i. Respect his majesty. Jah rasta bless. From luh burningbush. Jah guide him and
her. Selah from z vodun side of rasta and always praise em dmn.. Sight hail loa and bless me

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/4/2019 1:53:54 PM

i am guessing i just cant be fixed
:/ :-~ ) i like masons n rastas. Haile i the savior ini lions of judah. . . Soo i wonder can i live today liberty branch:~-) its mikey. . .or whatever its called like anyone still coo wit di ol poppa

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/4/2019 1:57:05 PMHidden
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 4/6/2019 5:39:07 AM

Finding a balance in spirituality is vital. If unbalance then you will find yourself being insane with thunderbolt ideas.

What I realized if a savior was to come to free us from these shackles it will take a whole lot from that one person that is being oppressed to realize that changes must become actions

The Babylon system is filled with a lot of vampires that is working witchcraft, but I know H.I.M words can defeat and bring changes to this world. Us Rastafarians really need to have a real reasoning sessions that is not online to really bring changes to this world.

I see life being unfair, we must all rise up like the Sun. Don't be afraid, because it's that exact same burning Sun that will protect us.

The Angels been fighting off the devil demons for too long. Is this the reason why heaven on earth is hard to achieve in the Western world?

This would be my last post on this site for two reasons:

(1) When I was going through a melt down of visions I post so many necessary and unnecessary stuff on this website lol I guessed the feeling of awkwardness is the one to blame.

(2) Also, I really want to change this world. So I asked myself, "Am I helping the world out or the system out by posting sudden posts on this site" This site is is good for reasoning, but at the same time how far are my words are being seen?

I really love you all. Live up, and follow that destiny.

Jah Rastafari

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/6/2019 10:27:49 AM

me too love you ty i feel great bro i feel great

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 4/6/2019 7:15:26 PM

I&i love you, Rasmi. Love for one another is a good thing; and the more it permeates I-manity, the more we burn down Babylon - - anybody preaching otherwise to Jah Idren is without a doubt a ravening wolf.

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/7/2019 1:56:05 PMHidden
View Message  Reply

Messenger: burningbush Sent: 4/7/2019 1:58:18 PM

there is no man that is grand in flesh. I know. Yes she is real yet who cares sistren who cares. God bless

Messenger: Angel in Zion Sent: 5/15/2019 3:50:11 PM

Brethren and sistren, where is your spiritual power? This site is dedicated to the Kings of Kings in the flesh and in the spirit. Like Bob Marley said that you should know and not believe. There is sound His Majesty makes when he comes to you, children of Moses. Garnett Silk gives the answer in this song. Babylon Be Still

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHLky34ITj4&list=RDtHLky34ITj4&start_radio=1

Messenger: IPXninja Sent: 5/24/2019 2:50:21 PM

Although I love what Nesta said in many ways there is a good reason such a strategy will not work. Race is a construct. But the reason why it exists is because it benefits one group at the expense of another. The group that benefits has no motive to change this because they have no motive to end such a benefit. This is why a slave cannot ask for freedom or reason with the master that they are both equal. At the end of the day that proposition would be good for the slave but represent a loss for the master.

I had started writing a book titled, "How I enslaved white people" as a provocative title to explore what would happen if black people figured out a way to go from the bottom to the top. Although I have no interest in enslaving anybody I thought it was important to the title to imply a type of role reversal.

The beliefs of whites relative to slavery were easily influenced based on profit motive. The more individual whites stood to gain the more easy it was to believe themselves superior in a way that would justify this thing that they were already doing and didn't want to feel guilty about. They still don't want to feel guilty about it even though many of them are still racist. I know this because my step kids are going to school in an area where many white kids are openly racist and just this week they were told to go back to the plantation ...by white children.

So... it's not simply an ideology and it's not simply hate. It starts as a POWER DYNAMIC and everything else comes from a justification of that.

When scholars talk about racism/white supremacy they're talking about a power dynamic. And it must be understood this way because you'll never change it otherwise. It is futile. It's like a battered wife who is married to a pimp asking the pimp to treat her as an equal and to stop calling himself a pimp and stop calling her a ho. You can't expect that because not it is his nature that he's learned from the power dynamic. And even in his culture he feels support because it is founded upon views that date back before the bible.

It doesn't matter how right we are or how true it is. They aren't racist because they think its right or because they think it's true. They're racist because they are in power and power corrupts.

The only way to change it, is not by changing their language. Think about the n-word. They may not say it in public but do you think they don't say it? Of course they do. They say it because that's how they feel and you can't change how they feel by demanding a change in language. Now, not only do they still feel the same about you being an n-word but now you're infringing upon their freedom to express themselves openly (not saying they should be allowed to either).

But saying words doesn't make someone racist. It is simply an expression of 'being' racist... having that power dynamic... that makes a racist say racist things. If you want to stop them you have to fundamentally change the dynamic. Period.

If whites no longer had the socio-economic power and influence they would lose their primary motivation to be racist because the underlying truth on which they base their logic would no longer exist. And they may try to hold on to this historicity of it but that wouldn't survive 2 generations.

White and black are not simply colors. They are to us but that's a mistake. They're social classes in denial. They are not to every white person, just those who judge people by color. You can't change your social class by asking for a different word or classification. It is human nature to classify based on differences. The problem is not that we're "black". The problem is not people who are "brown". The problem isn't even people who are "white". The problem is identifying people based on a social class in order to determine whether to treat them with deference or respect or whether to treat them with hostility and suspicion.

The more we "take their jobs" the more that many of them become hostile and suspicious. This creates a boat called "the emasculated white male". And as long as he can find fellow travelers in that boat then they can put their anger and frustration together, treat each other with respect and treat their common enemy with anger and suspicion.

We reply by treating them with fear (because we lack the upper hand in the power dynamic) and suspicious and each other with respect because we're in the same boat. If you're in the same boat then you're equal.

If you look at rap today... its all about how those with material wealth are better than those who don't have it. Think about it. "I can buy this and this and this, nigga. What can you buy?" Where did we get this mentality? You think it's not their mentality? You think they don't love this music? Don't they buy it more than we do? Don't tours sell out white audiences more than black? They agreed with us when we said F the police but they agree more about the car and the clothes they're more likely than us to be able to afford. We sit up here bragging about the very thing that is creating the power dynamic that is racism.

So again, no disrespect to anyone but if we do not balance the power then they will never respect us. And it would be even better for us to gain the upper hand so that they understand that they didn't get to be slave masters because their race is superior. They became masters because we sold our people.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 30

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I