Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7108&start_row=31

Take Rasta for fool

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/17/2019 10:06:10 AM

Nobody thinks Rasta is a fool; but racism, racial discrimination, notions of racial superiority, and segregation along racial boundaries are foolish...Iternally. Some of the racial bigotry spewed on this website is PRECISELY the same type of vile racist crap that my grandfather used to spew. It was stupid when he said it and it's still just as stupid today no matter who else is saying it (or if they happen to have reversed the color scheme).

I didn't mind telling my grandfather that I thought his generation's racism was stupid and morally wrong, and that he could count on me NOT carrying it forward into any future generations. In fact, I vowed to fight such malicious ignorance. When I read it here, it makes me sick to my stomach just the way it did when I heard it from him. There's nothing cool or righteous or noble about fomenting racial strife. It's just an an offense, an illness -- an illness that will die out because there's a cure for it and the cure is overcoming the disease.

"Give us the teachings of His Majesty for we no want no devil philosophy"

PS - My grandfather was also "unapologetic" about his notions of racial superiority. That didn't make it noble or valiant, it just meant he was a stubborn old coot who wouldn't change if you presented all the truth in the world about race to him. Stubbornness is not a virtue.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/17/2019 1:13:38 PM

Black supremacy is a must

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/17/2019 6:42:32 PM

Yes, white supremacy was a must for grandfather also (and so I let that die with him more than 40 years ago).

PEOPLE supremacy is must --ALL JAH PEOPLE. If someone calls for assistance and reaches a hand out to me, I don't stop to check what color it is before I grab it and give them some help. If I see some people in need and I can render some much appreciated assistance, I don't bring out a skin color chart to see if they meet some criterion. Why would I? They're JAH Idren & I can help them -- what else do I need to know?

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 3/17/2019 6:44:02 PM

Nesta1,

I wasn't trying to misquote you, or take anything you said out of context. You said, "There's nothing particularly remarkable about the fact that JAH chose an incarnation with darker skin".

I was addressing that Selassie being darker skin, Black and African, is very remarkable and gave reason why; since you said "there's nothing particularly remarkable" about that, I tried to show you why it is remarkable.

Respect
RastafarI

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/17/2019 7:06:10 PM

Yes, I think Haile Selassie is remarkable, but not because of the color of His skin. I think that His Wisdom in choosing the time and place of His incarnation, His role as emperor of Ethiopia, and His particular physical appearance are also remarkable. I just don't find it to be remarkable that a human is black, white, brown, yellow, red or whatever other color label Babylon uses (green or purple, yes!). Or better said: I find the person to be remarkable, not their skin color.
I think we agree, Jahcub. We're just coming at that agreement from two slightly different directions.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 3/17/2019 9:38:28 PM

His color is remarkable. It is remarkable for all those with black skin who have been downpressed for the color of their black skin. Again, the colonialisers and slave masters, did not want people to know their rich and royal histories. So when ones saw the crowning of a Black King and a Black Queen, Black Royalty, and to see White Kings and Queens bowing to Black Royalty; that is highly remarkable! It helped to free ones from the lies and chains of mental slavery. Black Liberation.

Blessed

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/18/2019 12:04:40 AM

His Love is truly remarkable along with His undying call for us to eliminate from our consciousness any residual obsession that we may have with skin color. JAH wants us to see people as He sees them (as precious creations of Life each with special unique inner content without regard to outer color) and He instructed us so, repeatedly. Does a Good Father highlight the differences in His outer color from that of His children or the differences in color among each of them? Of course not. Why not? To avoid any comparisons, vanity or feeling of superiority/inferiority based upon such superficiality.

[As a father myself, this is just a natural behavior as we have a wide variety of skin shades between me, my wife and our children. We live in an Asian culture that (unfortunately) still places a higher value on lighter skin, so our children are taught that this is utter nonsense and that there is no judgment whatsoever in their own immediate family predicated upon shade of skin color. They are also taught that this is the wise way in which the people of the world are progressing and that no attempt to throw us backward into racism will be successful.]

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 3/18/2019 10:26:00 AM

Nesta1 ask, "Does a Good Father highlight the differences in His outer color from that of His children or the differences in color among each of them?"

The children will eventually acknowledge the difference and a good father will teach them about their differences and the goodness there of. Different, yet both are good and equal. Differences are good. I would not want to live in a colorless world, I would not want to be color blind. Colors add to the beauty of this world.

Haile Selassie is remarkable and one who is worthy of praise, for all His good words and actions. HIM being Black Royality and worthy of praise, helped to liberate Black People from the bondage and downpression of the lies and mental slavery that were imposed on them based on the color of their skin.

Black is beautiful, I would never want to be blind to it, nor any other color.

Respect

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/18/2019 10:59:06 AM

Nor do I want birds to be all one color or the sky to never glow with the varied hues of a sunset. The diversity of JAH's precious creations is a beautiful wonder. It is when color is used to foment racial strife (as I have seen openly done right here on this website) that it becomes the tool of evil which is why His Majesty H.I.M.self suggested that we do away with referring to people by those labels***. If those labels can be use without hostility, aggression, militancy and/or fomenting racial strife then so be it, but some using them here have fallen well short of this (and seem to delight in being provocative). Just to be clear, I am not referring to you, Jahcub.

***“I must say that black and white, as forms of speech, and as a means of judging mankind, should be eliminated from human society. Human beings are precisely the same whatever colour, race, creed or national origin they may be." – H.I.M HAILE SELASSIE I (1963)

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I