Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7108&start_row=21

Take Rasta for fool

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Empress lioness 9 Sent: 3/13/2019 5:35:01 PM

Bless, Jah cub
InI post was not directed at the I .. At least the I admits blackness exists. Some here do not

Jah bless

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/13/2019 6:31:45 PM

Bless up Jahcub.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/13/2019 9:04:27 PM

Jahcub,
No thinking person would try to deny that RastafarI began as a movement among people who are labeled as "black" by society or that the Song messengers dispatched by JAH to spread His Truth were also people who are labeled as "black" by society. But like anything that is based in Truth and is Iternal, the RastafarI movement grew (by Divine design) far beyond that, praise JAH, to spread across the earth as a People's Movement that integrally involves people of all appearances and origins, and hence, an inclusive movement that ceased to be the purview or exclusive domain of any type of elitist grouping (e.g., no societally-defined or self-identified group possesses a monopoly on the Lord Our JAH or His Truth).

Even such earthly (not Holy) pastimes as the games golf or baseball may have been regarded as being begun by people who are labeled as "white" by society; but, like it or not, they are now People's games and a bigot has no choice but to accept that or deny reality. Racist mentality finds precious little (and ever shrinking) refuge as JAH People of the world inevitably come together and I-nite.

No human is sub-human. There's nothing particularly remarkable about the fact that JAH chose an incarnation with darker skin or that RastafarI was born among people of darker skin unless you somehow think this is remarkable because people with darker skin are lesser people than others. Despite racist beliefs to the contrary, that's never been true and all manner of greatness has emerged from people who happened to have darker skin pigmentation. JAH clearly had His reasons for how He chose to reveal Himself, but I can assure anyone (based upon His Majesty's own words) that perpetuation of racism and racial strife among His Idren was not one of them.

TRUTH

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/13/2019 9:12:40 PM

It wasnt just started by black people like baseball was started by white people. It was started and remains a trod of BLACK REDEMPTION. baseball isn't a game of white redemption

Ignorance is a Wicked disease

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 3/14/2019 2:18:57 AM

One Perfect Love Bredren and Sistren,

Nesta1 say, "There's nothing particularly remarkable about the fact that JAH chose an incarnation with darker skin or that RastafarI was born among people of darker skin"

It is remarkable. The colonialisers and slave masters, did not want people to know their rich and royal histories. So when ones saw the crowning of a Black King and a Black Queen, Black Royalty, and to see White Kings and Queens bowing to Black Royalty; that is highly remarkable! It helped to free ones from the lies and chains of mental slavery. Black Liberation.

His Majesty came to set the captives free, in Africa, first and foremost, and abroad. And that's what HIM did.

RastafarI will always be a Black Movement, no matter who joins it, Black is the roots and foundation.

Jah Love and Guidance

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 3/14/2019 2:18:58 AM

One Perfect Love Bredren and Sistren,

Nesta1 say, "There's nothing particularly remarkable about the fact that JAH chose an incarnation with darker skin or that RastafarI was born among people of darker skin"

It is remarkable. The colonialisers and slave masters, did not want people to know their rich and royal histories. So when ones saw the crowning of a Black King and a Black Queen, Black Royalty, and to see White Kings and Queens bowing to Black Royalty; that is highly remarkable! It helped to free ones from the lies and chains of mental slavery. Black Liberation.

His Majesty came to set the captives free, in Africa, first and foremost, and abroad. And that's what HIM did.

RastafarI will always be a Black Movement, no matter who joins it, Black is the roots and foundation.

Jah Love and Guidance

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/14/2019 2:26:33 AM

Excellence

Again, a white man telling InI black people how to feel. InI OVERWHELMED WITH AWE AND REMARKABILITY in the 1930s (to now) sighting images of His Majesty as SOVEREIGN KING OF UNCONQUERABLE BLACK PEOPLE who has all slavemaster and slavemaster royalty BOW before him.

All a part of the REMARKABILITY of HIM which lead to InI seeing the divinity of InI through HIM.

Haile Selassie is the definition of Supreme BLACK

Jesta cannot tell us otherwise

How typically white privileged to assume he can. The nerve of this guy as RASTAGODDESS beautifully put it:

" a tricky passive aggressive liberal wannabe with forked tongue, slithering among INI with that typical self inflated sense of authority on Afrikan affairs and RasTafari. "

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/14/2019 2:33:51 AM

"We proud to know that God BLACK"
- Robert NESTA Marley

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 3/14/2019 7:59:04 AM

It’s “the whole world is Afrika” when it suits his agenda, yet used the term “of darker skin” when referring to INI AFRIKAN KING!

LOL!!!! This dude is an absolute JOKE trying to Bob and weave his way around BLACK...lawd have mercy!!!

Babble on Babylon

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/17/2019 9:56:34 AM

Jahcub,
I expect better of you. You took a half quote of mine and cited it out of essential context. The full quote was:

"There's nothing particularly remarkable about the fact that JAH chose an incarnation with darker skin or that RastafarI was born among people of darker skin unless you somehow think this is remarkable because people with darker skin are lesser people than others. Despite racist beliefs to the contrary, that's never been true and all manner of greatness has emerged from people who happened to have darker skin pigmentation."

The manner in which you used the half quote completely misstates the point I was making and the spirit in which I was making it. I'm sure you can see that. The point is that people who think that a darker skinned person is inferior to a lighter skinned person and hence cannot be the incarnation of the Living God are fools. Greatness and Holiness are not about skin color.

I can usually count on you for intellectual honesty. I'm assuming this was merely an oversight.

JAH LOVE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I