Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7063&start_row=41

May White Men Be Rastafari?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/24/2019 10:50:19 PM

Africa needs and desires and welcomes the help of others, both physical and moral, but Africa must nevertheless be left to develop herself, her people, her resources, as Africans determine. Leave to us, freely and without qualm, the choice between good and evil, between injustice and justice, between oppression and liberty. Our choice will be the right one, and History will judge us, and you, the better for it.

Selassie I

RasTafarI Is for All People, Every 1 has a Role to participate in It.

Africa is for the Africans.

1 LOVE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/25/2019 12:27:12 AM

Yes
I
72 nations will bow before a black King

But

Africa for the AFRICANS.which does not mean Africa for all of humanity

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/25/2019 4:29:45 AM

An uncomfortable TRUTH (for some)

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 2/25/2019 5:44:02 AM

I've come to view identity as a cage that we build around ourselves to feel secure. I just consider myself as a resident of Earth. "African" is a problematic self-image, it's too vague, it requires further definition, because what identity is the definitive African one? There are too many distinct races and cultures in Africa, I wonder how majority Arabic/Semitic countries factor into "Africa for the Africans", etc... and is East African the same as West African? I wouldn't think so.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/25/2019 5:46:43 AM

East African South African West African is the same for I people. I people are born from 500 years of forced interbreeding between STOLEN Africans from ALL parts of the continent making I culture I history I genetics and I people truly PAN-African in existence. I Maafa descendant of chattel slavery cannot claim ONE line of people from the continent we are PanAfrican in the fullest sense of the term and stand as Rastafari as the example of the unity of the continent as a whole. Something His Majesty as chosen leader of the OAU proposed United States of Africa was King thereof...

It's very easy for ones who didn't travel through a multi generational experience of having their identity stripped and removed to claim identity as a 'cage.' The vast majority of I people do not know themselves or their identity as a result of this process to this very day. MOST Carribean grandparents for example would refuse refute and rebuke any NOTION of them being African as they have been taught otherwise and taught that African is associated with the most negative of adjectives.
I stand to counter and dismantle this entirely.

Africa for the Africans
As Peter Tosh say, anywhere on Earth if you are a blackman you are an African...And proud
Knowledge of self

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/25/2019 5:58:36 AM

Again, if you take a Nigerian
And breed with a Guinea
And breed with a Ghanain
And breed with a Namibian
And breed with a Congolese
And breed with a Kenyan
And breed with a Ivorian
And breed with a Ugandan
And breed with a Benin
And breed with a Togo
And rinse and repeat..

Den a nuh jus African dat?
Nuh suh nuh?

PAN-African Maafa I

(And the reason why I believe it to be foolish for a Maafa to part take in DNA test)

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/25/2019 6:28:53 AM

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 2/25/2019 7:33:45 AM

According to my half-assed research, Western/European descendants of slaves are almost all from West/West-Central Africa. I wasn't able to find any info on Kenyan or Ugandan slaves, but from what I understand Muslim nations grabbed up the East African slave trade. If I could look back far enough, I'm sure I have white ancestors who were enslaved by Muslim nations. Even the etymology of the word "slave" links back to Slavic people.

I'm more focused on the slavery that exists now, maybe we can still do something about that, even just as consumers. Also, it would be nice if we could finally get reparations for descendants of slaves in America, since everybody else got theirs.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/25/2019 7:48:44 AM

Slaves came from all over Central Southern and Western Africa. But truly from all over. Not to mention these consisted of people's who had travelled to and fro throughout the entire continent for millennia. For example there were a significant number of nomadic Nile Valley Africans within the same region at the time as documented in books such as From Babylon to Timbuktu. I know they used to call one of I great great great grandfathers 'the guinea.' Beyond that I only know I came from all over...Africa

I and I are the essence of living PanAfrica. I and I Yoruba, and Igbo, and Kalanga, and Kushite, and Fula, and Mandinka, and so on. Pan African. United in Kingship of Haile Selassie I the 1st

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/25/2019 12:51:00 PM

AWO!!!!! Son of Afrika @ brothah Garveys!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you!

✊;🏾;

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I