Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7063&start_row=21

May White Men Be Rastafari?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/23/2019 12:55:02 PM

Yes, "African" refers to those who have found their homeland in Africa and who embrace their roots, ancestry, history and culture on the Continent. No man has the authority to sit in judgment over the African I-dentity of another. Babylon plays those "whose credentials qualify and whose don't" games with its labels, but not this Rasta when it comes to a matter of such spiritual importance. When His Majesty has welcomed a man as an African, then no one else's opinion matters or counts. All that matters is that a man KNOWS his own I-dentity and knows that it cannot be taken from him - in life or in death.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 1:09:09 PM

Ok...

So not all humanity is African.

Blessed

Messenger: CarterBlunt Sent: 2/23/2019 3:55:38 PM

There is a scientific theory that suggests all continents were once part of the same landmass over 200 million years ago, which scientists call Pangaea.

Here is a lengthy wiki page showing some record of common ancestry between reptiles and mammals. Apes came much later. If you go back far enough, all life on the planet shares a common ancestor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synapsid

The common ancestor between all races of human is thought to have lived about two million years ago. That is where migration from Africa started.

We adapted to various areas better than other mammals would, due to our intelligence and problem-solving ability. We compensated for our deficiencies with tools and equipment, where normally those deficiencies would come with greatly increased chances of death and dismemberment, thus reducing the likelihood of procreation.

Now we are undisputedly the world's biggest superpredator, despite not being all that tough or resilient compared to other animals.

There are differences in function between races, such as sun resistance or cold resistance, stuff like that, but most differences are superficial. When you start to look at individual vs individual, sometimes even the functional differences disappear.

Example, some white guys can dunk. Some Asian men have huge dicks. Some women can deadlift. I don't see how this could possibly apply to everything in the world EXCEPT Rasta.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 5:30:45 PM

Right. The modern human developed Round 200000 years ago. The out of Africa migration happened around 170000-250000 years ago. Including a period which predated the modern evolution of humans. It should be noted how early in human development this happened and how much change occurred thereafter. Not to mention the fact that the humans which left out of Africa ended up mating with other none-homosapien forms of archaic human.

All this being very, very far removed from humanity and human identity / nationality as we know it today.

Give thanks

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/24/2019 1:41:33 AM

Thank you for that succinct tectonic and anthropological history review, CarterBlunt. I don't think (although I never cease to be surprised here) that anyone is disputing the fact that all humans share a common ancestry that originates in Africa or that all humans are overwhelmingly the same organisms genetically. The debate really focuses around splitting hairs on semantics over a broadly inclusive or more exclusive definition of the word "African". Language is based upon and evolves with usage, hence many words have multiple legitimate definitions. This thread is really just a case of kids playing with tinker toys over how one person defines a word versus how somebody else defines it.

As is so often the case in these threads here, we manage to pick words or topics that carry some emotions with them because they have spiritual importance to us. I vacillate between viewing the discussions on the website as utterly worthless and somewhat helpful. In this case, the quibbling about defining what is "an African" has actually helped to reaffirm in me the basic fact that neither Babylon nor some guy writing on a website called www.jah-rastafri.com can ever tell me who I am and who I'm not. Once a man or woman KNOWS who and what he or she is -- has a clear overstanding of his or her I-dentitiy -- then he or she retains the power and strength of that knowledge regardless of any attempt by others to belittle it.

I've never in all my time physically trodding in Africa had anyone there try to distance my I-dentity from theirs; nor any RastafarI in Jamaica highlight any differences between us. The Ugandan who told me "You are as African as I am" was one of the dearest brothers I've ever had in my life. African-born people throughout the Continent have warmly accepted & encouraged me as a self-described fellow "African" who expressed joy at visiting his homeland and anticipating his destiny of dwelling there Iternally. The Jamaican Rasta who mentored me nearly four decades ago held his arm up next to mine and said "you see our skin, it's the same color." What a beautiful and life-changing experience that was.

Maybe I should not be surprised that it is not in the flesh but through this weird electronic box built by Babylon that I encounter faceless detractors who are, at times, antagonistic and eager to preach to me that I am not who I know I am. I glean much about a person's soul when I look into their eyes, but when I read a post on this screen I have no idea who or what is actually originating it. I thank JAH that none of the face-to-face human encounters I've had with flesh-and-bone RastafarI or people in my homeland of Africa have ever been as bizarrely negative and division-promoting as some of the electronic messages I've read here. It reminds me that the real people that I've met F2F represent...well, real people and their power to put JAH vision to reality. What comes through the screen on this little box are just words, devoid, in most cases, of any life or spirit.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/24/2019 5:40:34 AM

Why Nesta takes this discussion internally like this I don't know.

Let me help remind you....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICASent: 2/23/2019 5:33:12 PM
I have no problem with embracing the unity of humanity. I join you with this. I problem is when you label this inified human experience as 'African'

To be hoenst we already have a phrase for it, which is "human race" 

African - refers to an identity of people specific within this human race 

Blessed.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICASent: 2/23/2019 10:45:04 AM
By the testimony of His Majesty.

Where you specific fit into this isn't really my business

My point is that 'African' speaks to a specific set of people as outlined by Haile Selassie and not all of humanity....

That's all

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICASent: 2/23/2019 5:46:41 PM
Nesta I in no way meant to infer this personally onto you. I have no IDEA what your cultural national and racial origins are. 

I called you a Rachel Dolezal as her experience of being "whatever she feels" is well documented

But I argument is much more GENERAL in that the entire human race was not labelled as African by His Majesty nor Garvey nor I. Again speaking generally and not including people of mixed ancestry etc etc I'm not getting bogged down into the details and only working on the general principle.

I couldn't be any clearer.
Why Nesta feels I am telling HIM SPECIFICALLY he is not African I do not know. I could care less for this.

Easy

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/24/2019 6:03:25 AM

Messenger: Nesta1Sent: Today 6:41:33 AM
......nor some guy writing on a website called www.jah-rastafri.com can ever tell me who I am and who I'm not.

I'l assume you were innocent in the guy comment
For future reference never refer to I as 'guy'

Give thanks.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/24/2019 6:16:57 AM

It's not personal, G.A. I don't even know you. That some of the things written from the account called "Garvey's Africa" are the most negative and angry comments ever made to me by anyone purporting an allegiance to RastafarI is simply the fact of my own perception. If it is not your intention to be perceived that way then may I suggest you work on your written communication skills because that's what you're transmitting (to me, at least).

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/24/2019 6:20:03 AM

You: Nobody can tell me I'm not African! I am African!

I: Nobody is talking specifically to you Nesta only that not all of humanity is African

I think I communication and comprehension skills are without error here.

I am well rooted and consistent in my messages throughout the years on this website. Centralised by the ideologies of Garvey and definition of Righteousness I have given many times. How ones want to take it is their business. Offend whoever so it may offend and uplift whoever so it may uplift.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/24/2019 6:30:22 AM

Of course the crux of it really is, GA: I know what you've said and what you've meant by it, and YOU know what you've said and what you've meant by it - so who's this circumlocution dance right now for? Some third party audience? What do they matter in this matter? Or are you trying to convince me that I didn't really hear what you've said in the past? No need, it's already been said. Moving on.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I