Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7063&start_row=11

May White Men Be Rastafari?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/23/2019 4:53:30 AM

We've reasoned your position on this before. You must, however, recognize that you cannot, by unilateral proclamation, ever deprive me or any other human of their African birthright I-dentity simply because you chose to construe the term "African" using a set of narrowly-defined, arbitrarily-selected criteria. All you can really hope to accomplish is to somehow convince yourself (and maybe some others) that you are "more African" (whatever that means) than I&i and/or my brothers & sisters.

Rasta deals on a higher plain than birth certificates and passports -- we look to our spiritual homeland and the homeland of our ancestors.

"Give us the Teachings of His Majesty for we no want no devil philosophy"

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 5:49:29 AM

I will give you the teachings of His Majesty and ask you to step away from your devilish racist philosophy that denies Africans of their unique identity.

"The obscurity which enshrouds the centuries which elapsed between those earliest days and the rediscovery of Africa is being gradually dispersed. What is certain is that during those long years Africans were born, lived, and died. Men on other parts of this earth occupied themselves with their own concerns and, in their conceit, proclaimed that the world began and ended at their horizons. All unknown to them, Africa developed in its own pattern, growing in its own life and, in the nineteenth century, finally re-emerged into the world’s consciousness.

The events of the past 150 years require no extended recitation from us. The period of colonialism into which we were plunged culminated with our continent fettered and bound; with our once proud and free peoples reduced to humiliation and slavery; with Africa’s terrain cross-hatched and chequer-boarded by artificial and arbitrary boundaries. Many of us, during those bitter years, were overwhelmed in battle, and those who escaped conquest did so at the cost of desperate resistance and bloodshed. Others were sold into bondage as the price extracted by the colonialists for the ‘protection’ which they extended and the possessions of which they disposed. Africa was a physical resource to be exploited and Africans were chattels to be purchased bodily or, at best, peoples to be reduced to vassalage and lackeyhood. Africa was the market for the produce of other nations and the source of the raw materials with which their factories were fed.

Today, Africa has emerged from this dark passage. Our Armageddon is past. Africa has been reborn as a free continent and Africans have been reborn as free men. The blood that was shed and the sufferings that were endured are today Africa’s advocates for freedom and unity. Those men who refused to accept the judgment passed upon them by the colonisers, who held unswervingly through the darkest hours to a vision of an Africa emancipated from political, economic, and spiritual domination, will be remembered and revered wherever Africans meet. Many of them never set foot on this continent. Others were born and died here. What we may utter today can add little to the heroic struggle of those who, by their example, have shown us how precious are freedom and human dignity and of how little value is life without them. Their deeds are written in history.

Africa’s victory, although proclaimed, is not yet total, and areas of resistance still remain. Today, We name as our first great task the final liberating of those Africans still dominated by foreign exploitation and control".

- Haile Selassie I.

Nobody with a brain would read this and deduce Haile Selassie classed the entire human race as African.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/23/2019 5:55:51 AM

The ultimate in deception and convoluted representations is to suggest that there is something racist about viewing all Imanity in the exact manner in which His Majesty ordained in His vision of a peaceful world. That all humans are my brothers and sisters who I embrace without regard to any physical criterion or classification is the liberation His majesty sought for Imanity.
-------------------------------------------------------------

"Stiff-necked fools, you think you are cool
To deny me for simplicity.
Yes, you have gone for so long
With your love for vanity now.
Yes, you have got the wrong interpretation
Mixed up with vain imagination.
So take Jah Sun, and Jah Moon,
And Jah Rain, and Jah Stars,
And forever, yes, erase your fantasy!"

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 6:34:22 AM

Semantics.

His Majesty didn't refer to the whole world as AFRICAN use another word like human .. new race...whatever....African is taken. His Majesty was CLEAR who he was addressing as Africans.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/23/2019 8:22:11 AM

The Whole World is Africa - Black Uhuru

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 8:30:57 AM

I literally just quoted His Majesty?

Africa for the Africans - Dennis Brown
If your a blackman your an African - Peter Tosh

But again, why quote a next 1 after His Majesty DONE talk?

Only a racist would deny a next group of people of an identity. Which you do by claiming "We are all African" It's typical privileged behaviour... We have reasoned on it before and shall continue to.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/23/2019 12:26:56 PM

By embracing All of my brethren and sistren across the entire planet in Love and harmony, I do not "deny" anything to anyone. By joining with All people as children of Africa and His Majesty, I do not "deny" anything to anyone. To assert that embracing the Inity of All Imanity is "racist" goes beyond simply being convoluted & preposterous; it's delusional in a seriously negative way.

As a RastafarI committed to His Majesty and His Teachings, I could never give credence to a devil philosophy which would desire to strip me of my roots, my ancestry, my family across the earth and my homeland of Africa. My I-dentity is my I-dentity and no narrow-minded, divisive mentality will ever alter that.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/23/2019 12:33:12 PM

I have no problem with embracing the unity of humanity. I join you with this. I problem is when you label this inified human experience as 'African'

To be hoenst we already have a phrase for it, which is "human race"

African - refers to an identity of people specific within this human race

Blessed.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/23/2019 12:41:14 PM

I have no problem with embracing the unity of humanity. I join you with this. I problem is when you label this inified human experience as 'African'
To be hoenst we already have a phrase for it, which is "human race"
African - refers to an identity of people specific within this human race
Blessed.
You R very Right, GA.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/23/2019 12:54:16 PM

RasTafarI Is for All People, Every 1 has a Role to participate in It.
Let the black man realize his destiny. From every race in the earth has the black man and womb man as their progenitor. Therefore the white supremacy thing is a falacy. I man feel the vybe in the Reggae music now listen to Black Uhuru The Whole World is Africa and tell me if he is rwong.
1 LOVE.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I