Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7063&start_row=101

May White Men Be Rastafari?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/5/2019 1:43:13 PM

Nesta said
'If we want to be heard and understood then we have to speak in terms that people (including other RastafarI) can clearly understand'

None at all. Rastafari speak the truth UNAPOLOGETICALLY. Black Supremacy only needs to be overstood by ears of Black people. We care not how it looks or seems to others. At all

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 3/5/2019 2:50:50 PM

"Let us not recoil in hatred against those who, even while protecting their freedom from bias and prejudice, reveal by their actions that the poison of racial discrimination has left its lasting effects, and by this reaction reveal that we, no less than they are prey to unreasoning emotion, that we, no less than they are susceptible to that virus which is called intolerance." -Haile Selassie I.
Such are the Guiding principles in Black Supremacy.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/6/2019 1:09:16 AM

That's heartening to know that those are the principles, RasTafarIWork. I'm so weary of sensing people's resentment and anger at a history that can't be undone and at people who had nothing to do with creating that history.

I read somewhere in one of these threads that "supremacy" didn't necessarily mean superiority, but unfortunately that's what almost everyone thinks it means (and how some dictionaries define it). i don't see black or white myself. If there's a great musician with dark skin, I don't say "He's a great Black musician" - I say "He's a great musician". The same if he's a scholar, surgeon or airline pilot. It's because having heard racist people talk as a child and having heard such vile remarks to the effect that "Negroes are not human", I made a conscious choice to never dignify that perspective with qualifying somebody by their skin color. Every man is a human. We don't say "He's a great White surgeon" so why would there be any need to call out skin color in another case? To me, the need to use the adjective Black in such a case implies that it's really marvelous that this Black person could become a surgeon because "that kind" aren't usually smart enough to do things like that -- which is total bullshit and I won't be party to suggesting that there's anything exceptional about a person of any color achieving great things -- All JAH's children are exceptional.

The reality of our language is that the terms "black" and "white" when applied to people are very divisive, provocative and laden with racist connotations. It's simply denial to pretend that's not the case (e.g., look at His Majesty's desire to see them "eliminated from human society"). So since I regard all JAH children, regardless of degree of skin pigmentation, as exceptional and precious gifts of Life, I'm just going to be satisfied for the duration of the trod with embracing a doctrine of People Supremacy without any need to imply that anyone is superior or inferior based upon the color of their skin.

People of all shades of skin color have already achieved great things and will continue to do so, together and, JAH willing, without consideration of the skin color of the people with whom they are working to make such achievements.

JAH LOVE. ONE PEOPLE.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/6/2019 8:40:50 AM

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 3/7/2019 4:05:25 AM

RastafariWork you show me where Garvey said Americans with black hearts are to repatriate with the Africans on the black star liner to Africa.
Actualy Garvey fought against black bugeosie e.g Du Bois

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 3/7/2019 4:05:28 AM

RastafariWork you show me where Garvey said Americans with black hearts are to repatriate with the Africans on the black star liner to Africa.
Garvey never said repartriation of non africans to africa. Actualy Garvey fought against eurocentric black bourgeoisie men such as Du Bois

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/7/2019 4:05:54 AM

APARTHEID (PRONOUNCED "APART HATE") ENDS IN SOUTH AFRICA IN 1994 (BELOW), BUT THE MENTALITY CONTINUES ON. NOW IF WE CAN JUST ELIMINATE THE "APART HATE" MENTALITY ALL TOGETHER, THE WORLD CAN KNOW PEACE.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 3/7/2019 8:34:32 AM

Says the man who left his country of birth to colonize anothers land......

Everyone sees you nesta

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/7/2019 11:20:13 AM

RASTAFARI !

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 109

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I