Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7055&start_row=1

Wicked Pharoah. Let my people go.....

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/3/2019 1:04:56 AM

a none judgemental question for all my Bible studiers....

To what date do you put the exodus?
Or better yet,
Which Pharoah did Moses flee from?

Ahmose I? (whose name conveniently translates as brother of moses)
Or
Akhenaten?

these two seem to be the most popular in theory I don't know if the I Dem have any thoughts?
And on the ramifications this would then give as to WHO the Israelites really are and their history in Kemet.

give thanks

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/4/2019 3:29:36 PM

The Book of Jasher mentions a 2 or 3 Pharoahs, I'll take a look and post their names when I get a chance.

I read about the Hyksos in the past. It seems to me that they were another tribe from the land of Canaan, not the Hebrews themselves. The Hyksos worshiped Baal and the Hebrews worshiped Jah, except for some of those who went astray from worshiping Jah.

The Hyksos could have been ruling part of Egypt durring the time that Joseph, the son Jacob, was in Egypt.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/4/2019 7:33:44 PM

Its just as far as i know the hyksos were the onky group of people that had a mass exodus from Egypt. Many scholars put them as the Israelites as they were ran from Egypt BY Ahmose I whose dates of ruling Egypt coincide with what many put as the most likely dates of the Israelites being in Egypt. However they were not in bondage in Egypt they actually INVADED Egypt and it was the original people of Kemet who were in bondage....

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/4/2019 7:33:44 PM

Its just as far as i know the hyksos were the onky group of people that had a mass exodus from Egypt. Many scholars put them as the Israelites as they were ran from Egypt BY Ahmose I whose dates of ruling Egypt coincide with what many put as the most likely dates of the Israelites being in Egypt. However they were not in bondage in Egypt they actually INVADED Egypt and it was the original people of Kemet who were in bondage....

Messenger: RastaGoddess Sent: 2/6/2019 8:27:12 AM

Impossible to date a historical fabrication. There is absolutely NO archeological evidence of an Exodus. Even some “Jewish” scholars will attest to. However, what WAS left for us by the Ancestors, written in stone (as opposed to the imaginations of foreigners) was of the Hyksos being forcebly removed from our lands by the Kushite armies.

A lil’ something on the subject of “Moses”

Moses/Moshe is a purely fictional character. The life story of this fictional character was patterned after the knowledge of the God Tehuti. The title/function/name "maakheru" is the origion of the corruption 'moshe/moses'. Maakheru is very often written "maa kher". We must also recognize that the 'kh' metut is often translated and pronounced 'sh'. The 'r' is a rolling 'r' as in many of our Ancestral languages. Maa-kher thus becomes Maa-sher and later 'moshe/moses'.

The term maakher (maa-she) in Kamit, meaning "true of voice", one who "speaks/voices the divine law" exists in Twi as "mmarahye" (mmara-hye) pronounced (mmara or maa-sheh). In Twi, mmarahye is defined as "jurist" meaning "one who voices the law (mmara)". The term is often used hyemmara (to legislate). Tehuti is the Divine Spokesperson of Ra. He is the original Maa-kher (true of voice and word) Who has the ability to make others "maakher" or true of voice and word. Hence the beginning of the prayer "Es Tehuti s-maakheru Ausar er khefta f" "Hail Tehuti who makes Ausar maakher against His enemies"

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/6/2019 10:35:31 AM

I read that with a big African grin. I have missed the I dearly. I will look out for the group on Facebook although don't really use the database Facebook too often!

My point exactly about the hyksos. If that's who they are claiming to be as the 'real' Israelites then it would mean they were NOT in bondage but actually foreign invaders! OR as many scholars put the Biblical Moses if he existed to be a bastardisation of Ahmose I then actually the Israelites would be the same Kemetyu Kushites who they dispise!

Of course I agree with you and believe all of these characters to be fictional but sometimes I like to engage and meet bible readers on their level....

Blessed love Queen RG. A pleasure to reason with you everytime

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/6/2019 1:32:54 PM

WHO the Israelites really are? There's a line from the old Liam Neeson movie "Taken" about a gangster boss named Marko from Tropoja, Albania. I love to adapt it whenever people start talking about who the "real" so&so's are.

"By the way, which one of you is Jesus?"
"Why do you want to know?"
"I was told Jesus is in charge."
"We are all Jesus."
"Jesus from Nazareth."
"We are all from Nazareth."

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/6/2019 6:59:16 PM

Hyksos and Hebrews

"The Hyksos were the first successful invaders from the east, largely due to their likely use of chariots, which were never used in Egypt prior to the Hyksos period. The Hyksos are thought to have been Semitic, which explains why they would be so open to Canaanites (like Joseph's family) being in the country. Their records show that the Hyksos had Canaanite names like the Hebrews, and their main gods were Canaanite: Baal and Anath. Their name came to be commonly used in the Egyptian language as a synonym for "Asiatic."

This would mean that the people Joseph dealt with were not even "Egyptians" in the proper sense of the indigenous people of Egypt. The king and ruling class would be Semitic people, likely with a similar speech to his. This also explains why "a pharaoh arose who did not know Joseph" – that is, this new king did not like or feel positive about Semite "foreigners." The Egyptians likely associated all the Semites with their foreign rulers.

These factors suggest that the Hyksos were one group of Canaanites. Of course, the term “Canaanite” is a broad term encompassing several ethnic groups over a long period of history. These vagaries and slippery details are the edges of detail that modern historians and others with their approach try to probe to clarify the uncertainties. The term “Canaanite” was used very imprecisely (by modern perspectives and preferences for clear categories).

One underlying problem is that there is still a difference of opinion among scholars of the era on exactly which dynasties were in fact “Hyksos” or exactly who the “Hyksos” really were. The theory of an internal rebellion and dynastic coup is still strong and gaining strength.

The Book of Jubilees comments that the Hyksos were Canaanites, but seems to use the term in a narrower, probably symbolic sense of the oppressors of the Jews."

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/6/2019 7:50:48 PM

The hyksos oppressed and overruled the entire coutry of upper and lower Kemet. Mainly the original Kemetyu people from modern day Sudan and Ethiopia ie the original people of the land. If the above post is true it would confirm the bias of the Biblical scripture and historical innacuracy as clearly not just Israelites were oppressed this wouldn't mean they wouldn't even nearly be the majority group. And the hyksos invaders were defeated by War lead by Ahmose I and his father, not by plague and Sea splitting.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/6/2019 9:10:40 PM

More from the above link/post:

"The king "who did not know Joseph" was likely the indigenous Egyptian who overthrew the Hyksos after about 200 years of their rule. Various time references in Genesis correspond with this, seeming to indicate that the Hebrews were in Egypt for about 200-250 years. Exodus, on the other hand, also reports that only 5 generatons passed between Jacob and Moses (Exodus 6:16-20).

The Exodus writer says it was 430 years, while totaling up years seems to indicate more like 200. Various scholars have commented on this. Some think the 430 years was intended to count the time from Abraham. However, Flavius Josephus quotes the Egyptian historian Manetho as saying the Hyksos ruled Egypt 511 years.

Because the dynasty he had overthrown was Semitic (the Hyksos), and the large population of the Delta area of Goshen were Semitic (the descendants of Jacob), this would further explain Pharaoh's fear of these people. It would have been comparatively early in the 200 years of the Hyksos rule in Egypt when Jacob's family moved into Goshen. (Estimates of the Hyksos Dynasty range from about 110 to almost 200 years.)"

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I