Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7054&start_row=21

Permaculture, Gardening, & Rain Water Harvesting

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/22/2019 1:38:36 PM

Blessings,
If any ones have a darker space, basement or any room,I and I have had much success with growing mushrooms from spores in used coffee grounds . in just a basic cardboard box. Good protein source,organic, quick, easy, cheap, sustainable. Just something to consider, especially if ones and ones can access used coffee grounds easily.
One love

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/22/2019 5:04:36 PM

Greetings Empress Lioness,

Give thanks for the mushroom growing tip! It's appreciloved!

Blessed

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 2/22/2019 6:06:35 PM

Yes Empress give thankhs. JAH know I have lots of used coffee grounds these days haha despite trying a couple times to quit drinking coffee. Been loving Shiitake mushrooms lately too and it would be nice to save some money and grow them Iself.
More love

Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/23/2019 3:35:36 AM

Bless, Jah cub and Jah child.

Iand I did forget to mention that oyster and shitake mushrooms are the varieties that grow best in used coffee grounds. Other varieties do better in different substrates. Ones can grow tons very easily, in fact quite a few entrepreneurs have began businesses this way and in certain places in India this skill has helped end food poverty and malnutrition.
Mushrooms can be expensive so it's worthwhile.. Especially to ones who abstain from meat.
Not needing a garden or light or much space is also a big positive.

Blessings 💟; 1love

Messenger: Africa I Sent: 2/23/2019 1:44:06 PM

Give thankhs for the inspirational thread on gardening. Ital is vital.

InI are doing our best to maintain a thriving organic garden and farm here in the motherland.

Our food blog: instagram.com/italzambians

Right now the garden is doing well and we manage to eat fruit and greens direct from the garden every day.

The goal is to get better at producing harvests that can feed not just our family, but the community as well.

InI gardening principles:

* Raspect the garden. Speak kindly to the garden. Glorify the garden.

* Make compost everyday. Do not create garbage. Turn all trash into organic fertilizer.

* Work with the moon. Plant seeds according to the four moon phases.

* Innect with other gardeners. Buy their produce. Exchange heirloom seeds. Learn from experienced practitioners.

* Be 100% natural. Grow foods that thrive easily in the local environment. Avoid hybrids and exotics. Rely on edible weeds and native trees that thrive with little human interference. Organic is the way.

We love the garden. It is a mystical and magical place. The garden is truly JAH love manifest.

Give thankhs

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/24/2019 9:39:10 PM

Give thanks for the update Empress Lioness!

Blessed Love Africa I, big ups on your works in the Jah Garden, give thanks for sharing!

Most of the info I have posted has been from Austalia and the USA. Just the other night though, I was doing some research and found some permaculture videos from Africa and Jamaica. I'll post some of those when I get back to the computer, I can't seem to be able to post videos from my phone...

Jah Love and Guidance
RasTafarI

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/25/2019 3:33:38 AM

Permaculture is a relatively new term, but it is ancient, African origin, sustainable, how our ancestors used to garden and live in harmony with the Earth.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/25/2019 3:48:06 AM

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/25/2019 4:55:11 AM

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/27/2019 5:58:39 PM

Good video on RastafarI, starts talking more on permaculture around 8:00

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 65

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I