Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7053&start_row=11

Garvey and Rastafari - 3 questions

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/2/2019 2:05:47 AM

When Marcus Arose he found that most of all warriors asleep so most of his work was waking em up again. He realised the fullness of the empire in africa original and final, so he worked to prepare its advent. Much like john the baptist.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/2/2019 4:43:36 AM

man with chalice,
You say "it's everything Rasta doesn't stand for as far as I can read." You read correctly: RastafarI is not a racist movement and we do NOT stand for intolerance and hateDread. We accept ALL people because we are all One People of One Flesh. Understanding the identity of H.I.M. and the Power of His Love are the core ingredients in this pot. All human beings are our brothers & sisters, and our struggle as RastafarI is to get them all to real-eyes that and to treat one another that way.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 4:47:56 AM

Right. As is the works of Garvey and origins within black redemption

Has anyone actually read the holy piby or ROYAL PARCHMENT scrolls of BLACK SUPREMACY, foundation Rastafari works. Black supreme

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/2/2019 10:38:05 AM

Those books are on a site called sacred text dot com.
There you will find the book Stolen Legacy by George G M James which every black person should read.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 10:39:40 AM

Give thanks I

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 2/2/2019 4:41:59 PM

gotta have the the dash between sacred-texts
Lots of writings on this site. World religion and culture. This is the link to the African writings, scroll down to see the RastafarI teachings: sacred-texts.com

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/12/2019 8:44:47 PM

Don't you understand that we came from the same place as in reggae music. This spread this music internationally HON ROBERT MARLEY. Bunny Wailer, Burning Spear, This is not just for black people though its for any person who feel irie and life feel good again. Only so many of us get this, that's why were ao few and far between. Marcus Garvey Claimed Black Man was Superior Than White man. I believe we're both equal.we feel the same woes. It gels us toghether. H.I.M teachings

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/13/2019 2:43:36 AM

speaks from the chalice,
As the music (reggae) got "bigger and bigger" and found "its right people", the collective consciousness of the downpressed expanded and spread out, like a flower blossoming or a chrysalis transforming into a butterfly. What emerged from one of the poorest parts of world in Jamaica and a Black population with a history of unspeakable oppression became a lightning rod for oppressed people everywhere. As soon as the message of JAH RastafarI and the Hope of His Love spread out, it became transparent that it was meant for All People downpressed by the Babylon System and its vile mentality -- People of all nations and races. Hence, what emerged with reggae became a message of I-nity of all Imanity and a realization that we are all One People of One Flesh pitted against a Babylon System that is colorblind when it comes to creating victims of its downpression.

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/13/2019 6:36:17 PM

@Nesta1 , you see, you and I sign from the same hymnsheet so to speak. If God made different races, why did he want one to be superior? It's very easy that ideology alone debunks Garveys concept. I believe Marcus Garvey was a very angry man from what I've read about him. And I can understand that. You just have to look at the story of Leonard Howell and Marcus. Marcus just about disowned him although Howell worshiped HIM.

I have friends of different colours and creeds and I do not ever see them as different to me. I smoke herb moderatley and I believe doing so spititualy enlightens me. I love reggae music and when smoking I feel in a spiritual higher place that see's myself as my fellow humans equally.

Im sorry "Garveys Africa" but I believe you have a tendancy to dislike white men from things that happened hundreds of years ago and cannot accept we love all Gods children.

Peace be onto you brother G.A.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/14/2019 12:06:22 AM

You cannot show one example where I have said I dislike any white man or WOMBMAN due to their whiteness. I have white supremacy and the effects of such transgenrationally on I people

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I