Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7053&start_row=1

Garvey and Rastafari - 3 questions

1 - 1011 - 2021
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: man with chalice Sent: 2/1/2019 10:52:48 AM

Why did Marcus Garvey diss Selassie?

Why do so called Rasta's put Marcus Garvey above Leonard Howell after the way Garvey treated Howell aside from his so called prophesy he denied to grasp?

Do you think Marcus Garvey was instead a symbol only of "Black Power and supremecy"?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/1/2019 11:19:31 AM

1. Nuh worry about that. Marcus Garvey was defending African people. And that letter was written at a time before the 'final outcome' before His Majesty returned to Ethiopia and defeated the white supremacists. Marcus at the time from his perspective way over in America was righteous in his intentions

2. Marcus Garvey is diety God status to many in Rastafari. To others he is a first prophet of Rastafari. It can be said there is NO Rastafari trod without Marcus Garvey. He is a pillar.

3. Marcus Garvey is a CHAMPION of Black Supremacy. There is no "only" about it. EVERY black man on the planet needs at least 2 books in their collection: 1 - Thoughts and Opinions of Marcus Garvey.... And 2. Destruction of the Black Civilisation by Chancellor Williams...

Hola Marcus I
Black ipreme I I
HAILE Selassie I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/1/2019 11:33:18 AM

Messenger: man with chalice Sent: 2/1/2019 11:45:33 AM

@Garveys Africa

I don't worry about it. But I might if I put my faith in something without first researching it. How can one stand for HIM and also praise the name of Garvey in the same sentence?

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/1/2019 11:54:06 AM

I JUST TOLD YOU.

"...
Marcus Garvey was defending African people. And that letter was written at a time before the 'final outcome' before His Majesty returned to Ethiopia and defeated the white supremacists. Marcus at the time from his perspective way over in America was righteous in his intentions

2. Marcus Garvey is diety God status to many in Rastafari. To others he is a first prophet of Rastafari. It can be said there is NO Rastafari trod without Marcus Garvey. He is a pillar. 

3. Marcus Garvey is a CHAMPION of Black Supremacy. There is no "only" about it...."

Here's I question:

HOW can ones who say they don't label as Ratafari come and ask critical question to Rastafari about their God and or Prophet?

Messenger: man with chalice Sent: 2/1/2019 12:06:30 PM

The reason is I think you try to turn Rastafari into Black power only people. And that's simply not the case. In fact, it's everything Rasta doesn't stand for as far as I can read.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/1/2019 12:07:41 PM

Damn foolishness

Rastafari STARTED from Garveyism black supremacy movemants. I didn't say this... it's the HISTORY of I trod.

Don't frighten

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/1/2019 12:18:15 PM

Every so often like clockwork an agent come into this forum to try and separate Rastafari from BLACKNESS

"Black Supremacy" - Bob Marley

"Rastafari is a response to being domicile on a former slave plantation island in relation to the crowning of his majesty and the words of Marcus and Leonard Howell through our connection through Jamaica and Africa" - Mutabaruka

Messenger: soul-jahSent: 12/6/2005 3:06:25 AM
GREETINGS

why is it when ever i hear a black man speak of black supremacy, white bredren suddenly feel oppressed and offended ?

did not marcus garvey advocate black supremacy ?
check the history of the movement it represents black supremacy to the fullest.

when i as a man think of black supremacy i am over come with joy
for i know it represents equality, dignity,pride, and justice, to think of black supremacy in terms of white supremacy is foolishness as black supremacy is a counter reaction to the evils of the current system which promotes opression, hate , injustice, and violence its a system were the selected few get richer while the rest of us get poorer, is it not the african people who have been opressed the most for the longest time? so is it suprising or unfair when they stand up and demand a new system for themselves free from the shackles of europeans, when africa unite and white supremacy is toppled every man will truelly be free and equal this is what black supremacy means to ini so when you fear it your really fearing the loss of your white privellidges in which case you no RASTA just another babylonian

peace and love

Messenger: man with chalice Sent: 2/1/2019 1:42:12 PM

And Zaire, Rwanda?
Macabre situations to name but 2 - nothing to do with white people. They still do things like that on a regular basis on the African continent.

You can't continuosly blame white people for the continent of Africa's never ending woes.

And I don't have any 'white priviliges'

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/1/2019 2:58:02 PM

We are not talking about the African continent. We are talking and living with the Western diaspora for which MARCUS GARVEY is the champion of Black Redemption freedom and repatriation

Just as Haile Selassie is the champion and set-to-be leader of African Unity against colonialism; with his to-be seat as the head of the United States of Africa. He was the founding leader of the AU / OAU

I can and will say systemic global white supremacy is the biggest factor behind the underdevelopment of Africa the past 1000 years as has been well researched documented and found to be factual. Any denying of this is racist oppressive white privilege. Something which you are dancing blindly within.

You come across very under educated in the subject matter. Something of which I would normally not blame you for being so ignorant. However your intentions also seem off.

All who fight against the liberation of the black race in its entirety can't get any blessings from Jah

1 - 1011 - 2021

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I