Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7051&start_row=51

OUR SHARED ROOTS - ONE FAMILY TREE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 125
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/4/2019 6:07:16 AM

Prejudice and antagonism based upon skin color (which is racist by the common usage of the term) offend the senses of all moral human beings. Racism stinks like a rotting corpse – an overwhelming and unmistakable stench. Backtracking, nuances and parsing words do not disguise the stench of racism.

When i read: “How privileged of a white skin man to claim to black people that racial division or oppression is over”, i felt the sting or racism smack me in the face and smelled its stench. Quite clearly there was no need to mention my race – simply state the nature of the disagreement with my opinion without the racist dig. But the seething anger (resentment) of racism cannot be masked forever with clever words -- it seeps to the surface and is exuded like a strong stench overwhelming even the more expensive perfumes.

Haile Selassie articulated His clear vision for how people needed to change their mentality in order for the world to ever achieve “the dream of lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality”, and, importantly, for the African continent to finally know peace. Among the ways people’s mentality needed to change, H.I.M. identified & advocated:

•the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes
•the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned
•there are no longer first class and second class citizens of any nation

His Majesty was a strong proponent of lasting peace in the world and spoke of it frequently in hopes that it would be attained. According to His Majesty, clinging to ideologies rooted in racial prejudice/racism would prevent peace from emerging and becoming the lasting order across Africa and the world. Whether embracing the ideology of Black supremacy or White supremacy, the supremacist makes the choice to regard a human characteristic as genetically insignificant as the shade of a person’s skin as far more significant “than the color of his eyes”. Hence, the supremacist's aim is not peace, but protracted human conflict and suffering.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/4/2019 12:46:37 PM

The problem with this is that skin colour is just what many black people use to describe nationalities and ethnicities

I could have easily said.... 'How privileged of a European descended man to claim to an African that racism is over"

Haile Selassie had NO PROBLEM identifying as an African..... There's still nothing racist about what I said. There is no sense of racial superiority about what I said and the statement still stands... it's REDICULOUS for Europeans to tell Africans whether or not racism exists.... whether I interpreted you wrongly or not the point I made is factual.

You have clearly ignored the many many...many definitions for Black Supremacy which I have provided. I can't deal with ignorant reasoning.
There is nothing racist about black supremacy as defined. And to be honest.... it doesn't matter how it makes YOU feel. Black Supremacy as chanted by Nesta Marley and within the Parchment Scrolls (in other words I DIDNT MAKE IT UP) is a necessary requirement among Black people... or 'African people' (if that makes you feel better) for redemption from the effects of oppression

To keep going on with this is a little redundant now. I have no problems with you Rasta....

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 2/5/2019 2:09:16 AM

Copied from Rastafari Speaks Archive.
Black Supremacy
I know some a y'all probably sick and tired of this race discussion... too bad.
"Black Supremacy", what is it, what does it mean?
To I, saying something is supreme doesn't imply a comparison between that thing and another, it just means there is nothing GREATER than that thing. "Superiority" implies a comparison, "I am better than you", but "supremacy" doesn't have to be exclusive. For instance i could say Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Miriam Makeba and Jimi Hendrix are all "supreme" musicians, meaning you couldn't find a better musician, but all those four people could be equally "supreme."
So to I "Black Supremacy" does not imply that whites or anybody else are lower... just that no one is higher.
I think the term has different meanings for different people. Some would say Black is supreme because it is human beings' original color from which all other variations come. Some would say Blacks are especially chosen people and have a leadership role to play, i.e. whites should follow them instead of the other way round, a reversal of the present social order.
But in all my time involved with rastafari I have yet to meet any rasta who sees "Black Supremacy" the same way the so-called Aryans see "White Supremacy." Never met a black rasta who wanted to enslave or kill all whites, like the white supremacists want to do to we. Not even ital iman i, I think he's nutty as a fruitcake but he doesn't say to kill or enslave all whites. He says he would accept whites as followers or sympathizers, just not as full members of his "movement".
So all you 'white' people out there, next time you hear "Black Supremacy" and cry "racism", think about what it really means.
Guidance! Jah Rastafari Love and Blessings to all.

Messenger: speaks from the chalice Sent: 2/13/2019 8:00:15 PM

Peter Tosh in my opinion was a black supremist. I have to go by Rasta concept and can't judge a man as being a Rasta. But he had many flaws. my worst one being he claimed to have taught Bob Marley. Bob Marley did not believe in education, he belived in inspiration.And took sucesss far beyond Peter Tosh.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/14/2019 12:02:31 AM

Success....What is success? It cannot be argued definitively that Peter was less successful that Marley. Especially among Africans. Peter was a righteous man

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/14/2019 3:16:13 AM

From where I sit, I always saw Bob as the upbeat promoter of Universal Love and Inity while Peter was more of the angry man with a chip on his shoulder consumed with a desire to see justice done. They were two sides of the same coin -- yin and yang if you will -- one mostly b fixated on progressing forward and the other mostly fixated on the past. Both added to to the domain of important reggae music and to the consciousness of the origins and evolution of Our Struggle.

If I'm in a good mood and feeling positive & optimistic, I like to listen to Bob. If I'm feeling frustrated and pissed off that the Babylon System still gets away with so much crime against Imanity with seeming impunity, then I like to listen to Peter.

Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/23/2019 2:12:38 AM

Blessings,
(being iself of "mixed race " and cultural heritage , these discussions fascinate.
Iandi lean on the words of HIM
"We know that there are differences among us.Africans enjoy different cultures, distinctive values, special attributes. But we also know that unity can be and been attained among men of the most disparate origins,that difference in race, religion, of culture, of tradition, are no insuperable obstacle to the coming together of people's. history teaches us that unity is strength and cautions us to submerge and overcome our differences in the quest for common goals, to strive, with all our combined strength, for the path to true African brotherhood and unity. "

Haile Selassie I 👑;
One Love, bless

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/23/2019 2:33:02 AM

You'd be surprised at how some might choose to interpret such a beautiful & profound message of human Inity from His Majesty in such ways as to promote separatism, prejudice and isolation. One must understand that His Majesty (being Holy) understood better than anyone that ALL humankind is of African descent and must be Inited together AS Africans to defeat Babylon. Those who seek to divide us & keep us separated from one another will come up with all kinds of arbitrary criteria so that some people qualify as "Africans", while others are excluded, in exactly the same way that old-school white supremacist slave traders & owners came up with arbitrary criteria to exclude Black people from the human race. Those who seek to divide & separate us from one another will always have their rationales -- like notions of "racial purity" or prioritizing "nationalism"-- because the devil (who loathes the beauty of JAH Love and Imanity Inited) is the master of deception.

"Give us the Teachings of His Majesty for we no want no devil philosophy!"

Messenger: Empress lioness Sent: 2/23/2019 2:44:33 AM

Blessings, Ras Nesta,
Very true words. We must all overstand the fact that we are all of African decent and HIM did know history in this way.

"If you don't know your history then you don't know where you're coming from"

Bless
1love

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/23/2019 2:51:45 AM

Truth

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 125

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I