Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7051&start_row=41

OUR SHARED ROOTS - ONE FAMILY TREE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 125
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/2/2019 12:37:18 PM

But being a smart fellow you can see the real potential in that statement to express a complete, and far more all-encompassing, Truth. We are further along in our history and evolution now, and we are wiser:

"Righteousness is the removal of the chains of mistreatment & Babylon mentality from the Livity and Psyche of All People Everywhere"

You see how by moving forward in our thinking we eliminate one of Babylon's most effective tools to divide us (i.e., racism) thereby I-niting with our brethren and sistren of all races to fight the Babylon System in far greater numbers. We simply reject the mentality which allows Babylon to so effectively divide and conquer us.

What Garvey could NOT know in his time was that the DNA of all people is nearly identical. With that scientific knowledge we shed our prior ignorance and laugh off the racism mentality that Babylon could previously use to hold us in bondage apart from one another. Now Babylon's gotta wise up because its victims have evolved to become a more formidable foe.

Think of it: Babylon doesn't only gotta worry about Black Rastas, it's gotta worry about an army of Rastas of all different colors so it has no idea where to look for us or who we are. We even sit in their mono-cultural board rooms -- white-looking dudes who are actually soul brother allies with the black-looking dudes those Board members would never want near them! Ha! Rasta wins while racism goes the way in history of buggy whips and those archaic laws found in the Book of Exodus.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 12:43:46 PM

There is nothing more important than the word I have shared as spoken from I elders and from I brethren and from Garvey and from the founding fathers

Again, i mission does not have to be your mission for we do not share a history of peoples.

Let's stop beating around the same bush as this is becoming foolishness. As is the idea that race is strictly a DNA argument. I don't care what label you label it. I come to free I PEOPLE with a shared history of mental physical spiritual and economic effects of colonialism chattel slavery and African underdevelopment

Down with white supremacy and full black African Emancipation independence reparation and liberation

Give thanks

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/2/2019 12:47:40 PM

But actually we do share a history of peoples. This is where you keep missing the Big Picture. We're brothers, brother. All the denial in the world cannot change that reality.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 12:50:15 PM

The history I speak of is the history Garvey and Haile Selassie speak of in African colonisation and chattel slavery. The history with birthed this trod

And if you do share that history but don't identify with black supremacy and Garveys movement....Garvey spoke of no intention to save "all" of such people.

Otherwise, I have no business outside of the redemption of Black people. I don't come to deal with humanity. I Black first.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/2/2019 1:03:34 PM

i'm just so weary of seeing Babylon cleverly infiltrate, divide us up and then pick us off easily (one by one, group by group) because we're too stupid, proud, stubborn, ignorant, blind (pick whatever adjective you like) to pool our power together to pursue the fight Inited. The irony is that the racism that a Garveyite might perceive as power is actually an Achilles heel known only to well to the Babylon System and exploited by it at will.
C'est la vie

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 1:23:50 PM

The black race doesn't need the white race to liberate itself

No way shape or form

No way Josè..

Offensive to think so

Black Redemption from the effects of white supremacy shall be achieved by black supremacy. Righteously

Blessed

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/3/2019 6:41:18 AM

Black people fighting the Babylon Systems without joining with their allied brothers & sisters of all races arm-in-arm ends up, at best, as an even game (no gain, no loss) and, at worst, in deeper enslavement by Babylon's economic, judicial, political and mind control systems.

Take a look around you some time: Babylon enlists/co-opts people of all different races (including Black skinned people in large numbers) to fight on its behalf and as its surrogates.

Your approach to rejecting the rest of Imanity ("we don't need anybody else's help, humphh!) and other RastafarI Idren ("Couldn't care less what any non-Black Rastafari thinks about RastafarI, i only care about Black RastafarI!") plays right into Babylon's hands, G.A. Babylon loves that kind of separatist thinking. It FEEDS ON IT. It is precisely the mindset through which the Babylon System has been able to inflict so many years of suffering upon us.

"Because only a fool lean upon
Lean upon his own misunderstanding
And then what has been hidden
From the wise and the prudent
Been revealed to the babe and the suckling
In everything, in every way, I say"

FOREVER LOVING JAH

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/3/2019 8:01:20 AM

I never said black people cannot or should not unite with all of humanity to fight the 'Babylon system'

I said black people should simply trust in black people when fighting the effects of 500-1000 years of systemic white supremacy on their psyche spirit economy and physical body.

Clearly the fight you mention is about toppling a system...a global system. The fight I mention is about the self reparations of Black people

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/3/2019 8:21:53 AM

Maybe this is the area of contention. I have specifically mentioned with each post the "liberation of SELF" when it comes to African people. Look at the definition of righteousness I gave. All of this is I priority FIRST before dealing with the Babylon system or worldly problems. And all of this involves knowledge and freedom of SELF. S-E-L-F. InI do not need any body else to liberate SELF.

Now as you mention unity is strength when dealing with fighting the Babylon global system of oppression.

However before we get there, FOR I Africans must liberate themselves

Il give you a very short example since the I like life example. My grandmother and Most of the older generation of the Carribean REJECT the idea of them being African. As this wasn't taught to them they were taught they are 'West indian'. Not 'dirty African.' This idea of knowledge of SELF and the reparatory effort to correct this has nothing to do with "help" or unity from white people. It is counterproductive to rely on others for knowledge of SELF

Haile I

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/3/2019 8:38:35 AM

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 125

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I