Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7051&start_row=31

OUR SHARED ROOTS - ONE FAMILY TREE

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 125
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 9:25:14 AM

This topic has been widely explored already here. Here are some earlier posts:

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICASent: 7/13/2017 1:29:18 PM
We are not just telling black people to love themselves we are telling them to love themselves more than others; unapologetically. Love others too, but your own race first. This is supremacy. And as stated, black supremacy and garveyism has been and will be a foundation cornerstone of this trod you cannot separate the two

Black love
Black empowerment
Black woman and child
Buy black
Black ownership
Black tradition
Black culture
Black God

su·prem·a·cy
so͞;;;;;;;;oˈ;;;;;;;;premə;;;;;;;;sē;;;;;;;;/Submit
noun
the state or condition of being superior to all others in authority, power, or status.

- The black race MUST hold superior authority and power over BLACK AFFAIRS. We are not interested in world domination and holding power over None black people and their affairs (like white supremacists) but our own is a must. You site the difference?

Dont give I no two wrongs dont make a right argument nobody is talking about enslaving whites and conquering and colonising their home lands; and I dont sight black people being in charge of black affairs being a 'wrong.' When Garvey say stop praise a white god and look for a god in your own black image this is BLACK SUPREMACY by your very definition - putting a BLACK deity instead of white, as superior to all others in authority. And what authority come higher than God?

This is when people confuse global white supremacy with black supremacy. Again, The black race MUST hold superior authority and power over BLACK AFFAIRS.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICASent: 7/13/2017 1:50:15 PM
I think you just afraid of the wordsound when you really shouldnt. BLACK SUPREMACY as preached from InI true Rastafari elders from Bob Marley to Prince Charles Edwards to Robert Rogers right up to Mosiah Garvey

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICASent: 7/12/2017 7:34:23 AM
Right. 

And when there is currently a system of global white supremacy present for 500 years+ you think there doesnt need to be any process to counter the effects? If the political system the food system the education system the economic system spiritual systems and cultural systems are all white run / white owned, even in black majority countries; you dont think black people need to start doing for depending on and thinking for SELF? As i said black supremacy is a reparative effort to counter the effects of white supremacy. Please overstand this is InI self reparations that ones like Ester Stanford-Xosei speak of.

This is the WAR the until speaks of until a balance is found - Not until black people are controlling and enslaving or colonising whites we have no wish for this but balance and equality; and to get there we need to start thinking black first

Rastafari say GARVEY I

Mugabe kicking whites from Zimbabwe to the reclaiming of land from white farmers in South Africa.... thesr are examples of black supremacy. On the surface / if a level playing field was deh deh from the start this looks like wickedness. But when you put the context in of the history of white supremacy surrounding those examples, you see why those 'black first' revolutionary acts are needed to restore balance. We give thanks Rastafari say AFRICA FOR AFRICANS and we overstand this is a necessary statement given the CONTEXT it is placed. 

For many of us even growing our natty locks is an example of black supremacy as we prefer this natural freeform African aesthetic over what we have largely been programmed to believe is right in the eyes and by the standards of europeans. Black people start say black over white even in term of aesthetics. Again, black supremacy

I try to give as broad a range of examples I can to try and allow you to see past your white privilage and naevity and sight why Black Supremacy is necessary and is not a wicked thing. You also should know Black Supremacy has been present as a cornerstone to the very foundation of Rastafari, you cannot seperate it

And re: reparations. The money aspect of financial reparations are only one tenant of what reparations are. Reparations literally means repair process, and includes all of the processes needed to repair we as a people from the inter generational effects of colonialism and slavery. No point giving black people a check if they going to spend it at McDonald's, Walmart, chinese hair products and bleaching cream...ie mental slavery. And the idea of reparations via begging white ppl for a check is white propaganda (and actually empowering them). The majority of reparations are self reparations. Of which rastafari livity is the ultimate form. STILL, cant get away so easy....... financial repairs are needed and wont be discluded. 

"The basis of racial discrimination and colonialism has been economic, and it is with economic weapons that these evils have been and can be overcome." - HAILE SELASSIE I

Black Supremacy is black people thinking and acting BLACK-FIRST in order to restore the balance offset by 500-1000 years. It is a necessary self
reparative effort of which this trod was birthed out of. It has no interests in the oppression of other races but the upliftment of the black race first among black people

Starting with God. Who is a black King....what is more black supreme then that. There is nothing racist about it

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 9:32:07 AM

Your name is Nesta.....

Robert Nesta Marley as a mixed race man chanted the words BLACK SUPREMACY in his song entitled Black Progress...

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/2/2019 9:37:06 AM

G.A.
From what i've read in many of your postings, you appear to be so lost in the racial divide and highlighting differences based upon skin color that you cannot even see how what you are writing is being perceived.

It's as if i were to call a man a racial epithet and when he became offended i say, "well that doesn't surprise me because 'you people' aren't really smart enough to understand my nuanced, intellectual meaning of that word".

Maybe you're off in some esoteric realm somewhere, but communication is about context and audience. If you're constantly being misunderstood (according to you) and yet you persist in repeating the same flawed communication style, then it's easy to see why someone might conclude that you are deliberately stoking the fires of divisiveness and misunderstanding.

Me running around shouting racial epithets and demeaning language at people of a different skin color and then saying, "but, hey, people, I'm not a racist" wouldn't really gonna carry much weight, would it?

How can it be that i have met and had deeply insightful & civilized conversations (including topics of racism, slavery, and historic downpression) with proud Black people from all different corners of the world and not one of them has seen the need use the kind of all-sweeping, anti-ALL-white-people belittling tone that you use? Could it be that they could communicate everything that they needed to say about history and Black pride without needing to antagonize me or tear down an entire race of people?

You need to ask yourself if your goal is to effect meaningful communication with others or simply to cop an attitude.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 9:41:39 AM

I only talk of the founding principles and history of this trod. Haile Selassie had NO PROBLEM identifying Africans as Africans as I will do so too.

Garvey I I

Being misunderstood by white people is of no concern. None of these concepts are misunderstood by Africans with any form of consciousness in this trod or any other.

I didn't write the holy piby or PARCHMENT scrolls

I can provide quotes from every other black Rastafari who has passed through this forum and commented on the above topic if you like? There has never been any disagreement nor confusion.You will find the same from Levite, Shiva, Black Heart, ZionMountain, MELCHEZIDEK, XpNinja, Jahcub...

Enjoy your walk

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 9:59:44 AM

For all who have a problem with Rasta proud use of the racial word BLACK:

VAUGHN BENJAMIM:

Oh gash original man
He was black
He was black
He was an African, carbon
Science will show that
And prove that over and over ra again
Jah see and know
We tell them
Honor your fathers that your days may be long
Original black man
We were here from foundation of time
We will remain until the end
Jah see and know

Don’t listen the propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda news media
Propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda

Hear hear wha
Black is absorption of all light and color
So hear me little systa
In the earth and in the sky are
The cycles of your womb
See your self precious once again
We are hurt for the hurt of
The daughters of our people
She and her tears could find no comforter
Our hands are again strong
We will be there for our daughters
We will be there
Jah see and know

Don’t listen their propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda news media
Propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda
Propaganda

Oh gash
Black is the color of our Solar System
Out of blackness was born the light
Black is the color of the whole universe
Your morning starts with darkness
Did not your morning start with darkness
Did not your morning start with darkness
Did not this morning start with darkness
Well so does tonight
Alpha alpha and omega I
The beginning and the end

An awareness of our past is essential to the establishment of our personality and our identity as African
Africa’s victory, although proclaimed, is not yet total, and areas of resistance still remain. Today, we name as our first great task the final liberating of those Africans still dominated by foreign exploitation and control"

- Haile Selassie I

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/2/2019 10:05:01 AM

No GA, you are doing much more than simply "identifying Africans as Africans" and you are doing it in an unnecessarily antagonistic way. You are routinely expressing racist sentiments that simply accomplish nothing toward I-niting Imanity; they foment divisiveness as if that is your intent.
It will not triumph (only fizzle out), because the overwhelming majority of Africans are powerful people who needn't engage in that type of trite negative belittling of another race in order to embrace pride in their heritage and Black culture. Racial hate speech, no matter how well nuanced, has no power. At least not with this Rasta.

As I pointed out earlier: Africa is "a whole continent of people who are far more powerful, loving and good-hearted than such poisonous [racist] rhetoric suggests that they are."

BASTANTE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 10:07:10 AM

You can say whatever you wish. I am glad that you sight His Majesty

But for I

This trod and I very existence is to liberate the minds of fellow Africans from the effects of white supremacy. This is achieved through the concept of Black Supremacy

Blessed love

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 2/2/2019 10:30:33 AM

You see how you talk? You can't even make that little closing without inserting a completely gratuitous reference to "white supremacy".

Brother, teaching racism does not "liberate", it enslaves people under a hideous burden. You are a racist, G.A. You embrace the creed, why not embrace the name? i can live with that. i grew up with racists in my extended family. To me personally it's an ugly thing, but then we are all family members and we have to acknowledge and accept each others' faults and blemishes as human beings. The tragic part about being racist, though, is that it is not a blemish like a deformity or a scar that you have to have; it's voluntary and can be erased. But that would involve a process of forgiveness which is a long trod in itself, but a very worthwhile trod as it emancipates one from the slavery of grudges and resentment, and advances one spiritually.

Forgiveness is the core way out of the prison of racism, but another way is to start to see history in terms of specific people in the past and present, and not in terms of races. After all, there's so much wrongdoing to go around among people of all races (and so much right-doing as well) that it's really kind of dumb to generalize with a major emphasis along racial lines.

JAH LOVE, BROTHER - ONE PEOPLE OF ONE FLESH

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 10:35:16 AM

You keep talking. I keep telling you I have no business in you accepting or agreeing with I Black Supreme trod and the role within Rastafari in eliminating the effects of 1000 years of white supremacy on InI...

The best we can hope for is to coexist. But exist I do. As does I philosophy from the foundation of this trod... My name is literally Garvey's...Africa...

I am His and Her Majesty King Alpha and Queen Omega, Our Work is strictly PERFECT.
I am Building a World's Super Capital for The Church Triumphant, The Black Supremacy at the World's Dam-Head.
Black Supremacy, The Church Triumphant is Perfect Baptism, K.A.Q.O.
We fully appreciate the Baptism of Black Supremacy, Our Triumph over white Supremacy, Our SLAVE MASTER.
His and Her Majesty KING ALPHA and QUEEN OMEGA The King of Kings, KNEW The Perfect Value of Holy Baptism UNDER Water, and they taught us how to appreciate The Power of Holy Baptism.
Now Ethiopia and Africa and Egypt and Vast Creation of Black Supremacy will plant their seeds on the Soil of Black Supremacy.
And we have no Pardon to beg white supremacy, no favors to ask her, for she is an ACKNOWLEDGE Deceiver.
From B.C. 4004 to A.D. Second Score, she faked all Christianity.
Black Supremacy The Church Triumphant have Denounced Her openly.
Baptism is a very important Subject to Black Supremacy . Ethiopia is a Baptized Dynasty.

Every Black Man and Woman is Black Supremacy

I am the Master Builder of Continents, and Countries, DYNASTIES and Kingdoms on this Earth PLAIN. I am The Perfect Royal Head of This World, The Root of Creation.
King Alpha and Queen Omega, The First and The Last.

- HOLA Royal PARCHMENT Scrolls

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 2/2/2019 11:18:23 AM

Righteousness was once defined (none biblically) by a rasta elder name MANDINGO as:

'Righteousness is the removal of the chains of White supremacy from the Livity and Psyche of African people'

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 6061 - 7071 - 8081 - 9091 - 100
101 - 110111 - 120121 - 125

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I