Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7046&start_row=1

LIFE OVER DEATH. JAH OVER BABYLON

1 - 1011 - 18
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/26/2019 1:25:11 PM

* Augustus Pablo — Died May 18, 1999. (Myasthenia Gravis)
* Alton Ellis — Died on 10 October 2008. (Cancer)
* Barry Brown — Died in May 2004. (Heart Attack)
* Bim Sherman — (Jarrett Tomlinson) — Died November 17th 2000. (Cancer)
* Bingy Bunny — (Eric Lamont) — Died December 31, 1993. (Cancer)
* Bob Marley — (Robert Nesta Marley)— Died May 11th 1981. (Cancer)
* Brent Dowe — (the Melodians) — Died January 29, 2006. (Heart Attack)
* Byron Lee — (Byron Lee and the Dragonnaires) — Died November 4, 2008. (Cancer)
* Carl Ayton — Died December, 23rd 2001.(stroke)
* Chris Stanley — Died 23rd October 1999.(Stroke)
* Clancy Eccles — Died on June 30, 2005. (Stroke)
* Clint O'Neil — Died Oct. 10th 2004. (Cancer)
* Dennis Brown — (Dennis Emmanuel Brown) — Died on July 1, 1999. (respiratory failure)
* Desmond Dekker — (Desmond Adolphus Dacres) — Died May 24, 2006. (Heart attack)
* Devon Russell — Died 18th June 1997. (Cancer)
* Duke Reid — (Arthur Reid) — Died in 1975. (Cancer)
* Earl Belcher — (Founder of Jah Love Music Sound System) Died June 11th 1999. (stroke)
* Eggie Evans — (Egbert Evans) — Died July 2, 2009. (Heart Attack)
* Freddie McKay — Died in 1987. (Heart attack)
* Gene Rondo — (Winston Lara) — Died in 1994. (Heart attack)
* Gregory Anthony Issacs — Died in 2010. (lung cancer)
* Hortense Ellis — Died October 18, 2000. (Respiratory complications)
* I-Roy — (Roy Reid) — Died Nov 30, 1999. (Heart attack)
* Jack Ruby — (Lawrence Lindo) — Died in 1989. (Heart attack)
* Jackie Edwards — Died August 15th 1992. (Heart attack)
* Jackie Mittoo — Died December 16, 1990. (Cancer)
* Joe Gibbs — (Joel A. Gibson) — Joe Gibbs, Died 21st February 2008. (Heart attack)
* Joe Higgs — Died December 18, 1999. (Heart attack)
* John Jones — Died October 23, 2000.(Heart attack)
* Johnny 'Dizzy' Moore — (John Arlington 'Dizzy' Moore) —Died August 16 2008. (Cancer)
* Judge Dread — (Alex Hughes) — Died in 1994. (Heart attack)
* Junior Delgado — (Oscar Hibbert) — Died on April 10, 2005.(Natural Causes)
* Justin Hinds — Died March 16th 2005.(Cancer)
* Keith Hudson — Died in 1984.(Cancer)
* Leslie Kong — Died in 1971. (Heart attack)
* Mikey Dread — (Michael George Campbell) — Died March 15, 2008.(Cancer)
* Pablo Stewart — (Paul Stewart) — Died July 2002. (Cancer)
* Phyllis Dillon — Died April 15th 2004. (Cancer)
* Puma Jones — (Sandra Jones) — Died Jan 28, 1990. (Cancer)
* Sir Coxone Dodd — (Clement Dodd) — Died May 4th 2004. (Heart attack)
* Sugar Minott - Died 10 July 2010. (Heart complications)
* Tennessee Brown — (Clinton Brown) — Died March 1999. (Heart attack)
* Tommy McCook — Died May 4, 1998. (Heart attack)
* Trevor Sparks — Died March 25 2004. (Stroke)
* Tyrone Taylor — Died December 1, 2007. (Cancer)
* Winston Wright — Died in 1994. (Heart attack)
* Yabby You - Died March 2010. (stroke)

VIOLENCE is the most common cause of death in reggae singers. We can not escape this truth. I have omitted the cases of people dead from violence.
In terms of medical causes of death however we can see cancer and heart problems are the most common causes and these are usually not people dieing in their 80s but in their 40s 50s and 60s. Dieing YOUNG. As black people of the MAAFA some of these diseases are programmed into our DNA from years of being forced to eat the wrong things and excessive stress and conditions from the effects of chattel slavery; meaning no matter how we live our lives these diseases may be predetermined. However in MANY cases these things are preventable and reversible.

Which is why the ganja thread is so important.
Which is why ital diet AND livity is so important
Which is why meditation and escaping stress is so important

Please be aware. Especially InI black people Maafa. This white world has us out of our natural minds and bodies...literally.

Life over death.
Jah over Babylon

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/27/2019 4:04:58 AM

I&i never have worried about dying.
Life is JAH's precious gift to i. Only JAH, no other, determines how much of the Gift of Life I&i receives. No cup of Life has ever been filled only half full. Each Life is full & complete unto itself according to JAH's will & as JAH intended; a complete Gift of JAH. The worth of i Life is not measured by its quantity, but by its quality. I&i treat i carbon shell right, as practical, to make it function better as i trod, but I&i live free and do as I&i please (as much as that's possible in a fallen world).

GIVE THANX! JAH LOVE PROTECTS US

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/27/2019 11:22:37 AM

This isn't about the fear of death it is about acknowledging the age of death and the common causes of death especially reversible or preventable causes prevalent within I community

Haile i

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/27/2019 1:00:19 PM

Inasmuch as death is no.2 on the list of things that practically everybody fears the most (behind loneliness or public speaking, depending on who you ask), i think it's pretty hard to have a thread about "age of death and the common causes of death " without permitting fear into the conversation. It's definitely in the back of the mind of practically everybody who's thinking about death, and when and how they'll die.

But i would concur if the point is that we needn't fear death if we recognize that it's in JAH's Hands (i.e., it sure couldn't be in any better Hands!).

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/27/2019 6:19:28 PM

It's not in Jah hands. Jah isn't external. External locus of controls are the problem. Jah works through INI. ITS IN I HANDS.

Jah saves nobody who doesn't save themself

Health prevention for common reversible and preventable causes of death which afflict the black community.

There is nothing to debate here only to acknowledge and take action or acknowledge and move on

Blessed

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/28/2019 2:08:36 AM

Dear brother, by your very reasoning everything is in JAH's Hands. He is both within and without for there is really no difference besides those manufactured by our finite perceptions. It is JAH who animates us and He who chooses when to cease doing so. i am not so arrogant as to fail recognize & give thanx for the awesome Gift of the I.

Death comes upon all of us. Death is not the enemy.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/28/2019 2:30:30 AM

You mistake me if I have given across any sentiment of being afraid of death or death being the enemy.

The enemy is the inaction of those who could have acted..... External locus of control

The enemy is knowing something is neither essential or beneficial for the I, knowing it is harmful to the I and not natural to I cultural trod and still engaging in so. That is Babylon

There is nothing wrong and only righteousness in I showing I people what disease is taking InI mostly at young ages and how we may prevent this.

Rastafari is life over death

That doesn't mean scared of death or denying of death. Look deeper.

I cannot accept anyone finding anything negative in the intention and message this thread carries. Not everything is for debate

And know that this is aimed specifically for African people

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/28/2019 5:03:15 AM

First and foremost, we are all African people on this thread. I&i know that i am, and i certainly cannot see one other brother or sister who is not. So your words reach out to all of us African brethren and sistren, descendants of the Rastaman.
Secondly, JAH gives us Life to enjoy it and find fulfillment. Some risk climbing a mountain or flying a plane for enjoyment. Power to them. Others risk working with contagious disease to help the sick. Power to them. Some risk having spiritual and transcendent adventures with psychoactive drugs. Power to them. Some run marathons and risk heart failure. Power to them. The point is that we're not talking about right or wrong here, correct? We're just talking about freedom and informed choices. i'm all for balanced and accurate information. Knowledge is one form of power.
Enjoying something in Life, as long as it's not intentionally violating another human, is reason enough to experience it if you so desire.

FREEDOM & LIBERTY

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/28/2019 5:57:21 PM

"First and foremost, we are all African people on this thread. I&i know that i am, and i certainly cannot see one other brother or sister who is not. So your words reach out to all of us African brethren and sistren, descendants of the Rastaman."

Oh boy....... Why do we even bother to respond to this guy?? Where his mind is I dont know. He certainly is a leaf blowing with every changing wind... We're ALL African? I know I am not. And you are not either nesta. Not one bit.. Wait, wait, tell us about how the Jamaica man held your white arm against his black arm again.. And how that makes you African......

Hahahaha but IM the one that gets banned for 'foolishness'... Got it... Good lord.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/29/2019 4:19:11 AM

I&i will ForIver cherish the words of my now-deceased Bugandan brother Sam Kiwanuka as we talked late one evening in 1992 on the veranda of his home in Kampala:

“The ancestors of all humanity spread out from here in the heart of Africa. The truth of the matter is: You are as African as I am.”

JAH bless, Sam, and the way in which he embraced & honored his fellow human beings. What a wonderful, welcoming person he was. His work to alleviate the suffering of the direct & indirect victims of AIDS in Uganda was truly inspiring.

Just because a man does not realize who and what he is, does not make him less so.

1 - 1011 - 18

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I