Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7039&start_row=31

YOUR PARENTS

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/20/2019 1:23:45 PM

Not referring to the above two I Dem there. Just seeing the quoted words of His Majesty reminded me of the way some Rasta respond differently to those words than others.

Blessed

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 1/20/2019 2:08:32 PM

"Do not worship me, I am not God. I'm only a man. I worship Jesus Christ."

Is not any direct quote that I'm aware of, and its quite different than His Majesty's actual response:

“I have heard of that idea. I also met certain Rastafarians. I told them clearly that I am a man, that I am mortal, and that I will be replaced by the oncoming generation, and that they should never make a mistake in assuming or pretending that a human being is emanated from a deity.”

Ok, so no magic powers?...and we are left with someone who is truly awe inspiring and yet we can aspire to as well. Sounds much better to me than waiting for another "miracle." Rasta worship of His Majesty is often akin to the Hindu and Buddhist teachings of the Guru/disciple relationship; this is how it should be, in my book.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/20/2019 2:45:05 PM

He said no human being is a diety. And yet Christian minded Rastafari people claimed he was God. And then claimed they shared the same religious beliefs as HIM. And failing to sight the hypocrisy then continued to criticise other Rastafari for not claiming Jesus and Christianity

None Christian Rastafari especially say Haile Selassie is InI. Bypassing the God argument. But still responding to the reflection of divinity within the I seen through Haile Selassie. African cultures have long seen the divinity within all forms of life; especially their Royalty. From the Kemetic Pharoahs having Heru-names and often being depicted with the dieties to the Yoruba word for "god" being King or Chief

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/20/2019 4:08:40 PM

I think Selassie maintained the Right of revealing His Godhead to whomsoever he chose. When Jesus Christ walked the earth, a mortal man, his own sold him out, and men killed Him. If I were Christ and had promised my followers of my return, i would be stealth, descret and prudent for the sake of the completion of my mission.
He said, the sheep knows the voice of their shepheard. So then, does the Shepheard have to tell his followers that I AM HE?

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/20/2019 4:28:45 PM

The last time Christ told the masses that I AM HE, there was a great uproar, He had to take to his heels!
Now, quoting from wikipedia;
Kalki is an avatara of Vishnu. Avatara means "descent" and refers to a descent of the divine into the material realm of human existence. The Garuda Puranalists ten avatars, with Kalki being the tenth. [18]He is described as the avatar who appears at the end of the Kali Yuga. He ends the darkest, degenerating and chaotic stage of the KaliYuga(period) to remove adharmaand ushers in the Satya Yuga, while riding a white horse with a fiery sword. [12] [13]He restarts a new cycle of time. [19]He is described as a Kshatriya priest in the Puranas

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/20/2019 4:48:15 PM

Let me clarify, the last time Christ told the masses that I AM, "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by."(John 8:6)
Then the last time Christ told his enemies that HE WAS HE, "they went backward, and fell to the ground"(John 18:58,59)

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/20/2019 5:26:02 PM

Same as Krishna, he revealed his true form only to a few chosen, such as Arjun. Krisna's true Identity was also known to other contemporary guru. The arch enemy yet cousin of the Pandava bros, thou in public he denied the superiority of Krishna, once worship Krishna in secret, and Krishna being omnipotentanswered his prayer and revealed this while in camp with the Pandavas.
Much like the English at the coronation of HIM 1930.
Then when Krishna took iniciative and travelled to the then world rulers and tried to mediate on behalf of the Pandava's for the sake of world peace, then they tried to undermine him but he just laughed before leaving them astonished and for a moment they realized Who He Was. So much like HIM appeal at the Leage of Nations (Psalms82).
Again, at the end of the Kushrushetra War, when Krishna steped out of Arjun's chariot, it got destroyed from the heat of the war showing that only his presence maintained it throgh the heat of war. So much like what happen after HIM leave Europe in 1936.

Messenger: RasTafarIWork Sent: 1/20/2019 5:54:24 PM

Not 1936 but 1940/1041, that is when HIM left Europe to head Gedion Forces in Africa, and war was coming to Europe, but would first end in Africa, where it had first started, and where the King had return.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/21/2019 2:22:28 AM

G.A., your post here reminded me of the Yoruba mythology that we studied in comparative mythology in college many more years ago that i care to admit. It was excellent, very cool.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/21/2019 2:46:43 AM

RasTafarIWork, you write: "I think Selassie maintained the Right of revealing His Godhead to whomsoever he chose"

I&i realized long ago that JAH came for the many who were ready to receive H.I.M. You and i know, as does His Majesty, that you cannot reach a man who has already decided on the criteria he has personally established for God incarnate. It's like leading the proverbial horse to water and trying to force him to drink. If you were to try to tell such a man that His Majesty is JAH, he'll be ready for you with 10 good reasons he has (probably taken from his interpretations of the Bible) why Haile Selassie I could not be who you say he is. So why cast your pearls before swine? For the one who is ready to receive H.I.M., the ten thousand reasons that H.I.M. is JAH are already readily apparent. You can't convince a man to see something when he leans upon his own misunderstanding to the contrary. If you and i understand that, then how much better would JAH, being their Creator, understand that and not bother trying to "convince" anyone of who He is. Could you imagine the folly of H.I.M. standing before the TV cameras declaring "I am God." Why debase Himself in such a manner when He has already assured that this will be revealed to the ones who are ready to receive it?

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 45

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I