Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7034&start_row=1

Fighting Against the Babylon System versus Violence

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/11/2019 6:45:21 AM

We are all fighting against Babylon and the Babylon System. As RastafarI, it's an integral component of who we are and what we do. The question is not one of whether we fight or not. The question is one of whether we choose to use the mightiest weapon which JAH bestows upon us (i.e., JAH Love) & against which Babylon has no defense, or instead choose to use violence and the flesh-tearing,-burning, -poisoning weapons of Babylon. Choosing the weapons of Babylon ensures our defeat before the battle is even waged for no one has a greater abundance of such weapons, or can wield them more effectively, than the Babylon System. Choosing JAH Love ensures that the battle is already won. Wielding the sword of JAH Love is not weakness, but instead the ultimate demonstration that we are in control and cannot be co-opted to serve the devil and his Babylon System. It takes far more strength to be a man of Peace than to succumb to using violence.

"I&i no come to fight flesh and blood
But spiritual wickedness in high and low places
So while they fight you down
Stand firm and give Jah thanks and praises"
- Bob Marley & the Wailers (reference Ephesians 6:12)

The devil is the great deceiver who dupes even the cleverest of men to take up arms against one another. This is not a condemnation of the deceived one because even the wisest of men seeking righteousness have succumbed to the devil's deceptions. Resisting & overcoming the Babylon System's seductions is a battle that every one of us fights every single day.

To those who would cite His Majesty's worldly exploits as some sort of justification us, His Idren, to use violence i would emphasize that we must not ever confuse the actions of H.I.M, Emperor of All Creation, with the Law that we, His Idren, are required to follow. If you or i could Create a man, then you or i might have the authority to destroy him; but since you or i cannot Create a human (only JAH can do that), we must follow JAH Law and the Commandments.

The one thing of which i can unequivocally admonish those who contemplate violence as a solution with is this: Based upon the direct testimony from the mouths of every person i've ever known (and there have been many) who has taken a human life, including my own father, regardless how glorious or righteous the cause supposedly was: The horror, guilt, shame, and mental torment of having taken another human's life haunts you every day for the rest of your life. It follows you to the grave. i cannot think of a single person i know who has taken a human life who does not wish that he/she could undo it, nor can i think of one who of them would ever recommend doing it, regardless of the justification. They all regret it and would advise anyone professing a desire for vengeance (aka "justice") through violence to rethink their position.

JAH RastafarI is the embodiment of Love, which is the greatest power against evil conceivable. As anger and desire for vengeance burn within us at times there’s always part of us that tells us that it is unholy -- an emotion born of the devil's desire to manipulate us into acting against JAH Idren. The bullet fired cannot be recalled. The bomb dropped cannot be unexploded. The lifeless body of a child -- the unintended victim of Babylon’s weapons-- cannot be revived and reunited with his mother.

His Majesty's Love and Teachings clearly harmonize with those of Jesus Christ, and there is such an abundance of Truth in this that it hardly seems necessary to press the point. I think Haile Selassie said it beautifully during His 1968 Christmas interview:

H.I.M.:

"When Jesus Christ was born from Virgin Mary, from that time on He lived an exemplary life, a life which men everywhere must emulate. This life and the faith which He has taught us assures us of salvation, assures us also of harmony and good life upon earth. Because of the exemplary character of the life of Jesus Christ it is necessary that all men do their maximum in their human efforts to see to it that they approximate as much as they can the good example that has been set by Him."
"It's quite true that there is no perfection in humanity. From time to time we make mistakes. We do commit sins, but even as we do that, deep in our hearts as Christians we know we have a chance of forgiveness from the Almighty. He taught us that all men are equal regardless of sex, their national origin and tribe. And He also taught us all who seek Him shall find Him. To live in this healthy life, a Christian life, is what makes me follow Jesus Christ." - Haile Selassie I, December 25, 1968

The minions of the devil and the defenders of Babylon really have no idea how to counter an offensive of JAH Love; it’s baffling and foreign to them, and in the end it defeats them through a means which they cannot fathom. If we believe for a moment that JAH Love is wimpy and powerless in the Hands of the Righteous then we must question the sincerity of our own faith in His Majesty.

TRUTH, RASTAFARI!

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/11/2019 12:31:59 PM

Spoken like a true follower of Jesus Christ. I personally utilise the powers of both sides, Set and Heru. Sekhmet and Hathor. In I confident in the victory of good over evil. Maybe the I is too far distant and removed from similar experiences that behold the African race

It's very very concerning to hear one tell In I as a people who have begotten slavery colonialism and white supremacy attacks the past 500-2000 years and given a bible with a Jesus story of pacifist teachings; to fight such endevors with LOVE. INI refuse to fall for the same again and InI fully overstand the importance of standing up firm in Babylon spiritually emotionally and physically.

But naturally. We are a loving group of people first....As Rastafari

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/11/2019 12:47:06 PM

As we sow so shall we reap. If we choose defeat by embracing the devil's tactics & weaponry against our people, we'll eat the bread of sorrow and defeat. I&i refuse to choose defeat and to drag the white raiment through the filth of Babylon when I&i can choose assured victory through JAH RastafarI .

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/11/2019 5:40:11 PM

Let me tell you when Haiti was the first of the enslaved peoples to uprise and revolt causing the slaughter of many a slavemaster backramaster and oppressor. InI Rastafari rejoice. An act of warfare....which has sown the seeds to freedom which I am blessed to reap today. 1 of many an example more important to InI children then any crucification story

It's funny how the same Bible His Majesty reads and Nesta reads is full of countless examples of "bible god" ordinance of murder and or warfare

Messenger: Matthew Sent: 1/11/2019 8:12:06 PM

I find the pacifist view point privelleged... (usually white) It's all good in theory but evil is a real thing and Babylon isn't a theoretical system it's it's physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually abusive.

If I find someone is abusing my children I'm not going to pray about it I'm going to do whatever it takes to protect my family.

if one says we are one human family how can we not act in the same way we would to protect and stand with our immediate family? Are we not our brothers keeper

The ones on the right side of history will be the ones who fight side by side with the oppressed against the evil of the world. These evil ones Don't deserve any protection, they have already chosen death over life. I'm talking about....

Those who rape and sexually assault wombman.

The police that shoot down innocent black skinned men,wombman and children in the street.

Those that steal and trade in human life.

Those that have created a system that profits from death and sufferation.

RasTafari Slew the evil Dragon Mussolini.

"We will fight if we find it necessary and we know we shall win as we believe in the victory of good over Evil"

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/12/2019 7:20:12 AM

The tragedy of bloodlust is that satisfying it (and it is never fully satiated) does nothing to weaken or defeat the Babylon System (to the contrary, it just emboldens & strengthens it). Instead, the evil mentality remains more powerful than ever and the perpetrator of “justice” just ends up maiming or killing some other poor, lowly fellow who was recruited by the Babylon System and duped into fighting for or defending it.

One must always ask: Am i really sufficiently wise & divinely-inspired to be sure that my selection of the victims of my violence are actually genuine spiritual enemies? To delude ourselves into believing that we have the divine inspiration & judgement in our actions that Haile Selassie exhibited in His historic actions is the pinnacle of hubris (e.g., defiance of JAH); and i am certainly mightily wary of anyone who claims to speak as a leader FOR His Majesty in directing me to murder. Most of the human targets of righteous indignation placed before us for the imposition of “justice” are nothing more than stooges duped by the Babylon System (e.g., Did the Iraqi seeking “justice” for the murder of his family and destruction of his country achieve any “justice” by shooting that 19-year-old kid from Nebraska who was naively duped into the devil’s service by the likes of Dick Cheney? Or did he just delight the devil by creating yet one more tragedy and another victim of the System?).

In order to realize the Power of JAH Love to win battles against the Enemy, one must not only pursue the secular personage of Haile Selassie, but also (and especially) His Divine Oneness within us. There is no “school” for that nor for spiritual warfare employing the Power of JAH Love, and these are no more intuitive to the secular, earthly mind than is “the Art of War” by Sun Tzu. Victory requires us to look within and commit to unwavering faith in the Divine Power of His Majesty. To misconceive that wielding the Power of JAH Love as a weapon is to “do nothing” about a genuine affront, betrays an absence of spiritual (divine) context in one’s relationship with JAH RastafarI and an immersion primarily in the process of secular intellectualization.

I&i harbor no illusions that my feeble words will persuade or motivate anyone to change who is at a different stage along the trod through Babylon. My writings are only intended to present concepts. A person must choose or reject the spiritual (Divine) Power of JAH according to one’s own frame of mind and stage in the journey. I&i accept that.

JUST KEEP SEEKING H.I.M. IN EARNEST.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/12/2019 8:21:46 AM

Bloodlust?
Victims of my violence?

Matthew was talking about defending his children from physical abuse. There's nothing lustful about self defence. And the recipients of that defence cannot be labelled as victims....

You also said violence never defeats the babylon system but only individuals.....I made mention of violent acts specifically defeating a system of slavery within the country of Haiti. Not to mention violence in the name of self defence defeating the Italian occupation of Ethiopia.

These things don't add up.

Belief in a pacifist concept is all fine but failure to acknowledge the occasions where your concept may not work shows your ignorance and your privilege.

Physically fighting for your life and or your freedom and or the lives of others is a very real well documented 'concept' too you know. If you and your family were ever physically attacked and you choose to love the attacker rather than defend you and yours then that's your choice. It has nothing to do with you being "further advanced in the trod" at all. Different conceptual beliefs exist all through Rastafari there is no holier than thou attitude

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 1/12/2019 12:20:16 PM

There is no reasoning with this one.. You will go round and round until you get banned. Might take months, but if you continue to put him in his place, you WILL get banned.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/12/2019 1:26:53 PM

Our Father, H.I.M. Haile Selassie I, understood the essential nature of peace and promoted it tirelessly. We can follow His Exhortations to peace if we seek not just the personage of His Majesty, but His Divine Oneness within us.

“I worship Jesus Christ.” -- H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

“To win the War, to overcome the enemy upon the fields cannot alone ensure the Victory in Peace. The cause of War must be removed. Each Nation's rights must be secure from violation. Above all, FROM THE HUMAN MIND MUST BE ERASED ALL THOUGHTS OF WAR AS A SOLUTION. Then and then only will War cease.”--H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

“The Charter of the United Nations expresses the noblest aspirations of man: ABJUGATION OF FORCE IN THE SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES BETWEEN STATES; the assurance of human rights and fundamental freedoms for all without distinction as to race, sex, language or religion; the safeguarding of international peace and security.” -- H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

“Mahatma Gandhi [champion of the power of nonviolent action] will always be remembered as long as free men and those who LOVE FREEDOM AND JUSTICE live. The name Mahatma Gandhi has become synonymous with RIGHT and JUSTICE; towards this end it has become an inspiration to millions of oppressed people and has kindled the light of liberty. Today, when world peace is threatened with atomic and nuclear weapons capable of annihilating the human race, Mahatma Gandhi's TEACHINGS OF LOVE AND TRUTH AND OF RESPECT FOR OTHERS' RIGHTS have become even more meaningful than at any other time.” -- H.I.M. Haile Selassie I

The proclamation that “JAH Love protects us” is not merely a beautiful song lyric chanted by the I-Threes; it embodies the Truth of the Power which protects all of us continually. Why obsess over the power of violence by one’s own hand when we have the Lion of Judah as our Protector? "O ye of little faith." If the need comes for self-defense then so be it, but why vision & obsess over it while pushing aside and scoffing at H.I.M. and His Love which actually do protect every one of us each and every day?

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/12/2019 2:12:25 PM

NOTE TO G.A.: I said "at a different stage along the trod through Babylon" not anything about anyone being "further advanced in the trod", as that would be nonsensical. We 're all at different stages in life's journey and nobody is somehow more "advanced" than someone else just because they've been plodding away through life as a RastafarI longer than someone else. Each journey is a unique experience & it's a struggle -- a constant litany of stumbling and falling and picking yourself back up again. A Rasta who thinks he's darn near reached the summit one day will find himself sitting down at the base the mountain the next morning looking all the way back up the mountainside wondering what happened. Setbacks, changes, and discovering new Truths are the norm in the studio of life's experiences along the trod. So when I&i wrote "different stages" that wasn't a coy way of trying to implying some kind of "advanced" knowledge or superiority, it just meant "different".

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 26

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I