Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7030&start_row=1

I have a few questions about Rastafari

1 - 7
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Abu Sent: 12/31/2018 3:15:01 AM

Hello all. I have a few questions about Rastafari. I wont beat around the bush.Though the questions are direct, and may be unsettling for some, there is no disrespect intended. I asked a self proclaimed Rasta these and similar questions at an event, and he literally wanted to fight me.

One question: Did Selassie ever aknowledge that he was God?
Why did he set up an EthiopianOrthodox church in Jamaica if he wanted people to be Rastafarian?
Is the Ethiopian Orthodox Church Doctrine parallel to Rastafari Doctrine?
Did HIM ever smoke cannabis or encourage anyone else to?
I want to understand.
Humble yanks

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 12/31/2018 7:25:13 AM

Greetings Abu

These questions and these types of questions come up in the forums again and again, you are not the only one who has asked them. Try using the search bar for key phrases of your questions and see the answers others have given. Everyone has their own perspective. There are a million possible answers to the questions you ask.

Ultimately we have to define for ourselves what is the meaning of the word "god", what religion is and what it represents, and what is rightful practice in our own lives. Innerstanding of divinity is a personal journey.

Selah Say I
RasTafarI

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/31/2018 5:46:28 PM

If you believe the story of Jesus. Jesus never practiced Christianity or speak if such. He was a he was a practicing Jew and never claimed to be the messiah

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 12/31/2018 6:04:18 PM

Cleaned up:

If you believe the story of Jesus. Jesus never practiced Christianity or spoke of such. He was a practicing Jew and never claimed to be the messiah

The emphasis is always more on whether prophecy of a messiah as it was written has been fulfilled in Jesus and HIM which many claim has been.

Then there are others who ignore or reject the bible completely and reduce Judeochristianity-islam to insignificant and redundant yet still site HIM as the almighty and King of Kings without any apology.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 12/31/2018 8:00:00 PM

Regarding:
"One question: Did Selassie ever acknowledge that he was God?"

The Answer: He didn't need to. He that hath an ear heareth and he that hath eyes seeth. We need no proclamation of who He is from His Majesty to understand who He is. Such a proclamation is unnecessary because His Identity was well trumpeted through prophecy and the Music. His Majesty IS the Kng of Kings and need not proclaim it in so many words for it to be understood.

Messenger: jessep86 Sent: 1/1/2019 3:55:24 AM

Did Selassie ever acknowledge that he was God?The most he said is we should not assume any human is emanated from a diety.You Can find HIM saying this on his Christmas interview on youtube.

Why did he set up an Ethiopian Orthodox church in Jamaica if he wanted people to be Rastafarian? One can be Rastafari and follow any religion they wish without becoming less of a Rastafari. Ethiopian Orthodox is completely different from Roman Catholic thinking from which is the paradigm you may be operating from. If Africans in the Caribbean practice any kind of Christianity they deserve the True African Orthodox original and First most ancient and well preserved version of Christianity, that is, followers of THE WAY.

Is the Ethiopian Orthodox Church Doctrine parallel to Rastafari Doctrine? No, They share the same values but not the same doctrine. Communion such as baptism and bread and wine is not part of Rastafari, Rastafari is not a religion its a lifestyle unique to every individual. The Church has sacraments and mysteries and Rastafari has livity, ital/natural livity. Some use cannabis as a sacrament but not all. Nature leads us to JAH, nature and one perfect love. Rastafari is not some doctrine. If you want to find a part of Rastafari with doctrines I'd seek into Bobo Ashanti as they are one of the strictest in a Religious way

Did HIM ever smoke cannabis or encourage anyone else to?
There is no evidence that HIM used cannabis. He was neutral on cannabis, neither promoting it or condemning it.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/2/2019 12:42:42 PM

"Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame."
Revelation 16:15,KJV

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only . . . Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up . . . The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,"
Matthew 24:36, 42-43, 50,KJV

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it."
Revelation 2:17, KJV

1 - 7

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I