Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7024&start_row=1

Drug Test

1 - 4
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 12/17/2018 3:44:18 PM

My job been doing a lot of random drug tests. I haven't been mediating with the herb that Jah bless the I with. Michigan just made Ganja legal. But sudden jobs follow the federal law and see it as prohibited to have it in your system. It's frustrating. I don't want to take any type of detox drinks. I don't really trust it that much. Overall I and I just want to be free and get back feeling that heavenly Zion vibe. I was wondering if I get a medical card would the federal law will allow it, for jobs to accept it. But then again why do this seem so much, just to have a free mind (sigh...)

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/9/2019 6:09:41 AM

Rasmi- Do whatever your heart & soul tell you is right. Don't worry about Babylon and it drug tests. If someone runs you out for following your heart and your spiritual beliefs then it wan't the right place for you to be in the first place.
Remember: JAH provides the bread.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 1/9/2019 3:53:45 PM

The topic of Rastafari and ganja addiction needs to be explored 1 day....

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 1/15/2019 7:23:13 AM

My personal take on this is that I&i have always refused to allow Babylon to dictate the chemical composition of my blood stream. i'm retired now so it's hardly an issue, but when i was working i simply refused to submit to any kind of blood or urine tests dictated by my employer or clients. It was less problematic back then because i had seniority and the original conditions of my employment (at the same firm for 30 years) did not include drug testing (meaning that if my employer had tried to fire me for refusing to submit to it, they knew that they might be facing a lawsuit for wrongful termination).

I&i realize that the world (especially the USA) has changed a lot since then and is much more authoritarian, but it still seems like insisting upon performance-based employment as opposed to blood-chemistry-conditional employment is a reasonable place for a person to draw the boundary for enforcing their rights as an individual.

That said, we all make sacrifices if the reward for doing so is adequate. During the 20+ years that i flew as a pilot-in-command, i didn't consume ANY intoxicating substances, not for fear of drug testing but because i wanted to maintain my mental acuity at its highest level. In that case, the experience of piloting a high performance aircraft was enough of a consciousness-enhancing stimulus to me to forego the ritual partaking of ganja.

So maybe the job you have is worth the sacrifice, Rasmi. Only you can be the judge of that.

1 - 4

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I