Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7020&start_row=1

Censorship

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 12/4/2018 12:11:38 PM

ADL GIVES TIM COOK AWARD FOR CENSORING ONLINE SPEECH
Apple CEO says it’s “a sin” to not ban certain people

Free speech is dead

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 12/4/2018 1:31:39 PM

Don't ya think that perhaps you're being a little bit hyperbolic about that? I&i still say pretty much anything i want to whomever i want. Freedom of speech is still very much intact, you just have to have the guts to use it. i consciously used the n-word in a hypothetical quote to denounce racism and its ugliness, and you spun that out of context into to falsely accusing me of being racist. That is definitely a form of attempted censorship (i.e., intimidation through misrepresentation), but i didn't heed it. i still say or write whatever i desire. You're allowing yourself to "feel" censored. There's a difference between people not wanting to hear what you have to say and infringement on free speech. Having to craft your message FOR your audience is NOT infringement on freedom of speech. None of us ordinary Joes has ever had a RIGHT to dissemination of our message via private mass media or means. You can't automatically assume that you can get published and broadly distributed anything you want to say. That's always been carefully controlled through one means or another. So you can hardly count it as some new infringement on freedom of speech if Apple decides to throw a one-man act like Alex Jones off of its platform. William Randolph Hearst didn't publish guy who wanted to write an editorial for his papers. That's just the reality of private enterprise and the control it exercises over its products. Alex Jones is still getting his message out. And i notice that even after being supposedly "banned" from this website you're still here putting forth messages. Freedom of speech is hardly dead.

Get up stand up! Stand up for your rights!

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 12/4/2018 1:39:25 PM

Watch the video and read the article to understand the full scope and then you might see why I said that..

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 12/4/2018 1:53:46 PM

Yes, i watched and read. i still think its hyperbole. i do, however, wish that private media platforms like Apple and Facebook would be consistent if their going to censor hate & violence promotion, and refuse to let the CIA/Pentagon use their platforms for massive information warfare blitzes to foment the violent overthrows of foreign governments not beholden to the U.S. government. That seems a bit hypocritical in light of Tim Cook's little speech there.

Messenger: The BANNED -- Hemphill Sent: 12/4/2018 2:06:06 PM

Its absolutely draconian. Especially when we keep in mind the larger picture of Tim Cooks and Apple's actions in China. They are pushing for world wide censorship under the 'social credit score' system. Creating cash-less societies where you can only participate in commerce if you have a good social credit score and have taken the 'mark' -- RFID micro chip.. This is straight out of revelations.. But since they roll it out as only banning 'hate', then lie about and misrepresent Infowars and Alex Jones to use as patient zero, people are applauding this and major leftist organizations like the ADL give out awards for censorship.

This isnt hyperbole.. Its much worse than any of us know.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 12/4/2018 11:16:03 PM

How is free speech dead?

"Public" and "private" are different legal terms, with different laws pertaining to them. "Private platforms" have the right to choose who uses their platforms, thus the legal term "private". Thats been the law of the USA for a long time now. Look into the "private" and "public" sectors.

Also, if free speech is "dead"; how is it that Alex Jones is still using his right of free speech?

You are still able to post links from infowars, Alex Jones is still being heard by those who choose to listen. Infowars is still on the internet, so is Alex Jones.

Many people have been kicked off of private platforms and private property, Alex Jones is not the first, and many more will get the boot.

Free speech is alive on public platforms and public property, thats why infowars and Alex Jones are still on the internet, and why infowars is still reporting their news.

Free speech is alive and as well as its ever been.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 12/4/2018 11:44:02 PM

I&i do not doubt that what you say could come to pass, Hemp. The Babylon System is capable of any and all manner of downpression. To wit: The Red Scare and McCarthyism.

i do think that the word "dead" with respect to freedom of speech is hyperbole, but all that means is that you are using an exaggeration to underscore the perceived egregiousness of the actions being taken. Hyperbole is a perfectly legitimate literary device.

The good news in this arena is that JAH Truth always finds its way to light because JAH is strong & awesome while the Wicked One is a puny weakling in comparison to H.I.M.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 12/5/2018 6:10:10 AM

Yes Iyah, Babylon could and will try and "censor" free speech. Look how Hemphill has been "censored" (or not censored).

People can try and censor one another, many cases where the USA government tried to censor people, artists, musicians, all types of activists. Not just the US government, many if not all of the Babylonian governments. And the people continue to speak.

Governments trying to silence the people is nothing new: not even in the USA.

Alex Jones is one of many and yes many more to come. Yet many more shall be heard.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 12/5/2018 6:25:59 AM

Jahcub Onelove,
It's kind of ironic that Mr. Hemphill himself has deliberately & doggedly misrepresented what i've written (despite numerous written attempts on my part to correct him regarding my position) and tried to slander me with false attributions. He went so far as to threaten in writing that he would follow me around on the website badgering me and not letting the accusations go. That's a clear cut case of attempting to censor-by-intimidation (i.e., hoping that the constant harassment will induce the target to simply give up writing posts). I&i see all of his complaining about his internet trolling being "censored" as quite hypocritical in light of his own modus operandi of deliberate mischaracterization, badgering and harassment with the obvious intention of trying to suppress the genuine message by either intimidating me out of posting, or keeping me and the thread readers tied up in a morass of confrontational nonsense.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 12/5/2018 6:31:53 AM

The "Great Lie" is that this civiLIEzation is civil.

Babylon is the civilization the whole world be living in these days.

And if the Great Lie isn't that this civilization we be living in is civil, then the Great Lie is that this Babylonian civilization is something that we need.

Praises to the Natives
Rootsman are we

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 46

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I