Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=7011&start_row=1

1 - 1011 - 20
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 11/12/2018 7:29:05 PM

Hi my name is Rasmi, I'm from America. I live in Michigan. My parents are from Jamaica. Anyway I'm just going to jump to the point, It been 6 months now I have been a Rastafari, but before I was a Rasta, I was a Christian. I was in the police academy, but I drop out of it when I have sprained my ankle. I was looking forward to go back now, but since I got deep on being a Rastafari, I'm not sure if being a police is the right path for me. My Spirit feel disturbed, and I don't want it to get brainwash again by the Babylon. Also the academy I'm talking about is the Detroit police academy. I am a African, and the concept of putting I African people in jail, disturbed I spirit. I want a career, but I feel so lost. I don't know what to seek anymore. I don't regret being a Rasta. I just want some guidance on what should I do with my life now. Please help I, any guidance will help I.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/12/2018 11:13:11 PM

Rasmi,
I&i have been a Rasta in my soul from Creation, but first opened my ears to the Holy Music of the reggae Song Prophets in the early 1970s. By the early 1980s i fully understood that the True Name and Identify of the Most High, His Majesty is Haile Selassie I, RastafarI. - He is JAH, the Lion of Judah,Emperor of All Creation, and the Guiding Teacher of Righteousness.

By 1979 i was working as an environmental geologist in accordance with my formal education, but i feared i would lose my job in the early 80s due to the anti-environmental policies of the Reagan Administration. Because of this fear I applied to the U.S. Navy to become a Naval Geophysical Officer. After moving part way through the recruiting process, it became clear to me that i would never be able to reconcile my core Identity and Values as a RastafarI with serving in the armed forces of the Babylon System.which already had a very extensive and well-known history of war crimes and genocide. When the recruiter asked me if i had smoked ganja, i told the truth and was dropped from further consideration by the Navy. It was a mutually satisfactory end to my flirting with the idea of using my JAH-given talents to serve the Babylon System.

Sadly, the laws and law enforcement of the Babylon System are no better than its demonic military adventures - both embrace violence, injustice and brutality, and victimize the weakest and most downpressed of JAH Children. The laws of Babylon have been crafted to victimize and enslave poor people of all races but have been especially vicious in their victimization of African Americans. Let's not forget that right now as we are writing these posts in 2018, there are still HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of African Americans convicted of non-violent offense (like involvement in the CIA-engineered "crack" cocaine epidemic) incarcerated in the U.S. for ridiculously long terms under Draconian sentencing laws and forced to work as virtual slaves, with de minimis or no compensation, for the benefit of corporate America. This is not happenstance or the by-product of some crime epidemic; it's by design.

It would be impossible to reconcile serving the Babylon System by enforcing its immoral laws, becoming the hands of its brutality, and helping to imprison our brethren and sistren with being a sincere RastafarI and following the Teachings of His Majesty.

I am an old Rasta and have sought Truth for many years. I&i offer you this simple but difficult Truth: A man cannot serve two masters. You cannot be a servant of JAH and the Babylon System both. You must choose between serving His Majesty or serving Babylon by becoming one of the enforcers of the very laws by which it downpresses JAH Itren.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other." - Matthew 6:24

MAY JAH LOVE AND TRUTH BE YOUR GUIDE, AND MAY YOU CHOOSE HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS

Messenger: Rasmi Sent: 11/13/2018 3:54:29 PM

Thank you brethren. I&i will have my head up and put my faith into Jah. Jah will provide me with another career path. I&i only work for Jah. Babylon can bite the dust. Thanks again brethren.

Messenger: Jahcub Onelove Sent: 11/13/2018 4:16:56 PM

officer = overseer

There are many careers you can choose. What is your reason for wanting to be a policeman?

If you want to protect and serve the people, maybe you can form or join a private security group, one that shares the same moral and ethical values as the I. Awhile back I remember seeing a group of rastas that would work to keep the community safe, they were there to intervene durring a conflict, try and make peace, before the police came on the seen. They solved the communities problems so the police wouldn't have to be involved, so that arrests wouldn't have to happen. Most disputes can be solved without the police.

Or maybe you can study law, become a legal advisor or lawyer, so that you can help free and liberate your bredren and sistren who are being downpressed by the system.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/13/2018 5:47:27 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/13/2018 8:20:24 PM

A sound decision, Rasmi. Your seeking and pursuit of RastafarI will reward you with a path that fulfills JAH's Righteous purpose for you. Despite cliches to the contrary, there is nothing honorable whatsoever about serving the Babylon System as a police officer and enforcing a system of law that is fundamentally immoral and integral to the ongoing downpression of our brethren and sistren.

Jahcub Onelove is right. There are a number of career paths that you could embark upon which would allow you to use your JAH-given strengths and talents to fight against the Babylon System on behalf of its victims.

Beware: The man calling himself "Hemphill" here is a ravening wolf who knows nothing of Haile Selassie or His Truth, and continually seeks to mislead those who are pure of heart.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/13/2018 9:15:07 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 11/14/2018 1:53:34 AM

I suppose a better example of "triggered" behaviour would be vehemently inserting yourself where your disraspect is not welcome or upfull, even fo ya self Mr.ill.

I was born in the area the young lion speaks of. I have lived many other places in iman life also.
I have experienced first hand the downpression,profiling,discrimination and violence used by one of the biggest most corrupt gangs in merrymekkka, The Detroit p. D.
The i already knows what path to follow or u wouldnt be so torn inside about this decision.
You can mek a living helping people, not contributing to the wealth of the slave masters system.

Just remember to keep ya head and heart in unity, seek JAH first and all things will be added, i life is a living testament, a breathing scroll, that for i,
reinforces this idea.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 11/14/2018 3:09:49 AM

A very beautiful and most essential Truth recited here by Evison Matafale Skræling. Him say:

"seek JAH first and all things will be added"

Nothing is really more True or more Empowering for us as we trod tru Babylon.

IN THE NAME OF HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY JAH RASTAFARI!

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 11/14/2018 5:32:50 AM

Blue lives matter

Lol

Another one calling for censorship.. Dont think like the mob? Dont buy the porpaganda? Then you not welcome in this echo chamber.

Police and military are extremely honourable professions. Look how mad thats makes you.. Propaganda much?

1 - 1011 - 20

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I