Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6986&start_row=21

Despite U.S. military pivot to Africa, China offers reasons for optimism

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/30/2018 2:49:36 PM

Hemp, you're all over the board with this discussion and now you're drifting back into personally disparaging remarks which are completely UNPRODUCTIVE and have NO PLACE in a civil discourse.

i didn't endorsed China's system of domestic governance, and i merely conveyed to you an anecdote from my own experiences traveling in China and talking to ordinary (not privileged) Chinese people. They get jobs, they work, they pay taxes. They told me that their system feels remarkably like good, old-fashioned, ugly capitalism and that they think the social safety nets we have in the U.S. are probably more generously "communist" than what they have. Not my opinions, theirs.

But the topic here is really just about what China has engaged in over in Africa and how that influences the lives of Africans versus what the U.S. is engaged in there.

You seem to like the graphic, so maybe i should put it this way: If you're a woman living in a small village in Central Africa and because of Chinese investment you are availed of the opportunity to work in a local garment factory,yes, that could be called exploitation, but it provides an income that you did not have before and it beats the heck out of being beaten and raped at gunpoint by one of the roving bands of CIA-backed & -directed rebel bands in the region.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/30/2018 6:33:03 PM

Greetings NewRas.

You bring up many things here. The self-censorship is paramount. There is an old saying. If a frog is suddenly put into boiling water, it will try to jump out. If a frog is put in temperate water that is slowly brought to a boil; the frog will not recognize the danger before being cooked to death.. They have been working at this for some time and the water has gotten much hotter. The mainstream liberal social order has made it so that questioning the accepted narrative is punishable with censorship, de-platforming, and even arrest. Many people then go against their instincts just to follow the narrative and fit in.. In China, if your social credit score is too low, you can be down ranked in online dating services, denied public transportation, or even employment.. Apple and Google have moved to China and are testing/implementing aspects of the social credit system in the USA. Self censorship and fear of criticism keeps the frog in the pot.. Staying in the pot is to line up and take the mark.. The thing is.. They turned up the heat a bit too fast and many people are jumping out.. Not only on a social media level; because new platforms have been, and are being created, but on a personal level.. Bob Marley sings biblically inspired words in: "We've been troding on the wine press much too long. Rebel.." Well this brazen censorship push has shown people just how much control big tech and government interest has over our basic day-to-day lives.. We are beginning, en-masse, to recognize how hot the water is and who is turning it up.. This in turn makes them go for broke, crank it all the way up, and hope to get enough marked to gain full control.. As we all know here, Jah cannot be defeated and the devil will lose, eventually.. Its important to see and recognize the signs of the times.. We are coming up on an intersection that will decide human destiny for generations to come.. We have a chance to turn to Jah and truth and common sense, Man and Woman, family and strength, individuality and creativity, expressing the free will and love Jah creates us in. The other road is the beast system.. Cowering down and taking the mark. Letting these devils and demons rule Jahs Earth.. I tell you man, its here.. People are waiting for 'something big' to happen and set it all in motion but im telling you.. Its already happened, its here, its time to go full force in exposing the beast.. Beyond not falling in line, we need to activate.. Street activism, independent citizen journalism, whatever gift Jah has given you.. It was decided for us to be alive in this time. "BE the generation, that trods through great tribulation. EXODUS!"

Messenger: NewRas Sent: 8/30/2018 10:53:35 PM

InI agree the censorship push has been long in process. One of the main ideals Americans hold onto is their freedom of speech. I'm sure they are fully aware a real massive push against freedom of speech will be met with some of the most resistance they can stir up. This is the one amendment people seem to hold so dear.

I'm not of the opinion this activism in the streets is the way to go. Based on my own observations and opinions, I believe most (if not all) of these activist movements have been or are being co-opted. Cointel Pro 2.0 in effect. Chaos and madness in the streets as a pre-text and reason for marshal law (Ordo Ab Chao). In my opinion it's ALL part of the game. Even down to the truth community of today. People are just saying and believing anything because it's new or it's not mainstream. The right/left paradigm is becoming more prevalent in society as well as black/white, christian/muslim, etc. I believe they want civil unrest and confusion, bickering and in fighting. Lost people marching for things they don't truly understand in many cases.

I still maintain my belief the epicenter of all of are the Israeli "Jews". The overrepresented 1% of the nation. I'm not of the opinion that America will shift it's alliance with the synagogue of Satan so I myself seek to leave the US and let them work towards they're own demise. Jah is never out of control of creation, so babylon's threats and policies don't concern InI. Those with eyes to see will see and those with ears to hear will hear. Rastafari is to leave the strange land and return to righteousness. InI want to return home.

"We were brought here to do a very necessary job and now that the work is over we want to know when we will be returned." - Culture

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/31/2018 3:41:14 AM

NewRas,
i&I see that the Wicked Ones, who say that they are Jews but are not, have firmly positioned themselves as the governors of the State of Israel. Having spent a considerable period of time in Israel just last year, i&I would simply clarify that the Jews and the Palestinians are just people like us who are victims of the satanic cabal (the Babylon System) which rules over Israel politically and militarily, and that the overwhelming majority of them has no more to do with deciding and perpetrating the satanic actions of Israel than the overwhelming majority of ordinary Americans has to do with deciding and perpetrating the satanic actions of America the Babylon. i&I believe that is what you mean and i'm just articulating that because just as there are so many good and righteous Americans, there are also so many good and righteous Israeli Jews and Palestinians.

Brother you are so right: "Jah is never out of control of Creation". His Majesty's victory is already written and assured so we have no fear of our ultimate fate in the face of the Wicked Ones. Each of JAH Children will come home to dwell Iternally His Majesty's Love and Initiy. Patience.

i&I left America the Babylon to live far away from it many years ago and it was one of the best decisions of my Life. For your soul, until your Life experience in the carbon body you now occupy comes to an end, i&I highly recommend you consider physically leaving America the Babylon.

As for censorship, the Wicked Ones can never impede JAH Truth from reaching those who have ears to hears it. Just look at how the materially poorest of our brethren and sistren spread the Truth of JAH LOVE all over the earth with reggae music, defeating all of their censorship.

JAH ! RASTAFARI !

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/31/2018 2:15:58 PM

The repercussions of Chinese investment in Africa are often good developments just for ordinary people. i'm NOT speaking in terms of the grand visions of the global exploitation and enslavement of humanity by New World Order corporatocracy, neo-Fascism or oligarch-imposed capitalism. i'm just talking about the immediate world of real life down on the rocks that natty is struggling with, and the opportunities for that life being a little better. Our African brothers and sisters have suffered far too long from chaos, terrorism, and violence fomented by the West to control their nations' politics and resources. If their resources are going to be exploited (which is inevitable in a resource hungry world), better peacefully than by Western companies allied with CIA-backed warlords and "rebels" creating reigns of terror in war torn regions.

"SUN BAOHONG: Make a model for building the community of shared future"
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/08/31/sun-baohong-make-a-model-for-building-the-community-of-shared-future_c1811453

"Female Namibian truck driver in Chinese-run uranium mine"
http://www.ecns.cn/news/society/2018-08-24/detail-ifyxikfc9641185.shtml

The West is not going to leave Africa alone. It's there to foment violence, to sell its arms, to sell its protection racket, and
to steal its resources. [Purportedly the U.S. military is in 53 out of 54 African nations. Why? Why else.] So competing peaceful alternative models of foreign involvement for the Africans may well inspire & empower our African brothers and sisters to reject the West's cocktail of hatred and violence, kick it out, and take hold of their own future by selling to people who are actually willing to pay for goods and services instead of stealing them.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 9/2/2018 10:42:56 PM

There a TOTAL of 6,000 US troops in Africa. 4,000 are located in Djibouti specifically to fight ISIS in Somalia.. You act like this is an advancing front in an attempt to conquer Africa....

There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of Chinese 'businessmen' taking control of Africa's resources and economic standing.. You act like this is a friendly gesture for mutual benefit..

A welfare state will provide some positive features in the beginning.. Yet, one only needs to look at what these democratic policies have done to the black community in the USA to see the long term effects of these types of handouts..

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 9/3/2018 5:16:54 AM

Why does the U.S. even have an "African Command" (AFRICOM)? Answer: Imperial control. Even if one argues that it's for "counter-terrorism" that a circular argument since the U.S. and its allies are the No. 1 sponsors/funders of terrorism [reference: "The Lost Hegemon: Whom the God Would Destroy" (2016) by F. William Engdahl]. They create terrorism and chaos, and then offer "protection" from it - it's a protection racket aimed at control like the mafia was famous for. A headcount of military personnel on the ground, considering the modern technological world in which we live, is utterly irrelevant when they're backed by the best-funded military on the planet which has a history of rapid mobilization for ruthlessly brutal repression.

Not sure what "welfare state" you are referring to. Is that supposed to characterize the U.S. or China? Or both? It's overly simplistic.

Again, let's just try to FOCUS our thoughts on a continent subjected to centuries of Western colonial exploitation characterized by maintaining the population in abject poverty and stealing resources without investment in local development (i.e., somewhat similar to the Spanish colonial model in Latin America). Now, let's look at the IMMEDIATE BENEFITS afforded by business and infrastructure development fueled by foreign direct investment on a local level rather that than a pure brutality/extraction/exploitation model. This is a step in the right direction. There are no panaceas in this world (except for JAH LOVE RastafarI), so it's easy to piss on every positive development that occurs as being ultimately doomed to failure and/or being co-opted by wicked intentions, but that doesn't mean that Africans should remain in a perpetual state of economic stagnation and not avail themselves of any opportunities to move forward because some believe that they're doomed to failure. Like the song says: "There's work to be done so let's do it a little by little".

i&I see a Black community in the U.S. subjected to racism, re-enslavement by the prison-industrial complex, targeted drug addiction programs, and stereotyping. i&I also see some very successful Black people in America who have overcome adversity.

i&I have a lot more faith than some people do in the capabilities and strength of our African brethren and sistren to choose and successfully pursue their own positive destiny, if given the opportunity to do so in peace without militarized repression.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 9/3/2018 7:40:58 PM

China raises fears of 'new colonialism' with $60 billion investment across Africa

"Chinese President Xi Jinping on Monday pledged $60 billion in financing for projects in Africa in the form of assistance, investment and loans, as China furthers efforts to link the continent's economic prospects to its own.

Speaking to a gathering of African leaders in Beijing, Mr Xi said the figure includes $15 billion in grants, interest-free loans and concessional loans, $20 billion in credit lines, $10 billion for "development financing" and $5 billion to buy imports from Africa.

African and other Asian leaders have welcomed "Belt and Road" but some projects have prompted complaints about debt and other problems. The initiative involves hundreds of projects, most of them built by Chinese contractors and financed by loans from Chinese state-owned banks, across an arc of 65 countries from the South Pacific through Asia to Africa and the Middle East.

In a major blow to China's ambitions, Malaysia recently canceled Chinese-financed projects worth more than $20 billion, saying they were unnecessary and would create an unsustainable debt burden. Deeply indebted Pakistan is also reportedly reconsidering some projects in the multi-billion dollar China-Pakistan Economic Corridor that is a key link in the BRI.

Mr Xi made no mention of the political and debt concerns that overshadow some BRI projects. But Chinese officials previously have rejected accusations that projects leave host countries too deeply indebted to Chinese lenders."

An intercontinental welfare state.. The 'new colonialism' from China.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 9/4/2018 2:28:35 AM

Yes, i'm well aware of anti-Chinese sentiment in the Western media, but i disagree that the Chinese are simply undertaking a "new colonialism" in Africa. Chinese involvement is much more than just loans for infrastructure projects. Again, i&I have an abundance of faith in my African brethren & sistren to be able to take advantage of these economic opportunities to forge a better future for themselves and their Chinese partners.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 9/4/2018 6:42:05 AM

Uhhm nope, wrong.. Most of the media fawns over China.. Again, China owns Hollywood.. They celebrate Apple and Google moving to China. They celebrate the censorship.. The establishment chose and created the Chinese 'super power'.. I dont know what you are watching, but they definitely aren't jumping ship..

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I