Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6986&start_row=1

Despite U.S. military pivot to Africa, China offers reasons for optimism

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/25/2018 11:53:31 AM

While China is investing unprecedented amounts of money and resources into the development of business, education and infrastructure in Africa (by far exceeding the token "aid" provided by the West which has consistently worked to effectively "keep Africa down" for centuries), the U.S. is infiltrating the entire continent with its military presence. "The Great Whore that sitteth upon many waters" stationing her thugs and killing machines throughout our Holy Africa like a cancer spreading throughout the tissue of our body. The different purposes are clear:

-The Chinese intend to secure influence, market & business growth, and raw material supplies in Africa by employing their trademark "win-win " approach of developing their partners' economic growth, human resource capabilities, business and trade opportunities, and infrastructure all coupled with a devoted respect for national sovereignty.

-The U.S. intends to maintain armed military provocateurs throughout the continent to intimidate; embed themselves with local warlords, dictators and national military leaders; and sow the seeds of chaos and regime change in any nation which fails to behave as a subservient vassal to America the Babylon and follow its orders unquestioningly.

Despite the metastasization of the malignancy of U.S. militarism into Africa, i&I feeling extremely optimistic for the continent's future. Based upon my own life experiences and the Truth of Jah RastafarI, the Chinese approach to helping to improve the quality of life in Africa will prevail because it follows a code of respect for others and a righteousness of intent. This will eclipse the nefarious adventurism of the U.S. as the alliances of ordinary Africans eventually coalesce around the Chinese approach, and the U.S. bankrupts itself and has to pull out. The victories of brutalizers and bullies are short-lived while the relationships, goodwill and positive developments created by a win-win approach to international relations will endure well beyond the collapse of the wicked empire of America the Babylon.

There's poetic justice in the Chinese, whose culture has endured for thousands of years and continues to flourish despite the abuses of Western colonialism, reaching out to lend a helping hand to Africa which has also suffered such horrific abuses from Western colonialism.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 8/25/2018 2:04:16 PM

I have to disagree with this Chinese propaganda. They are exploiting Africa and it's diaspora just like the next man.

Africa for Africans

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/25/2018 2:37:58 PM

No problem with disagreement, man, that's totally cool.

This is just my opinion and i'm not a "propagandist" for anyone. It's just my observation of what i see happening and what i've heard my African brethren say. Africans, from the poorest to many of the leaders, are generally pleased about the help that they have been receiving from the Chinese. They are achieving development that they know cannot be achieved without a helping hand.

It's been said that a bad thing done for all of the right reasons is still a bad thing and that a good thing done for all of the wrong reasons is still a good thing.

i don't claim to know all of China's reasons for helping Africa, but i do know that those reasons are NOT purely altruistic and selfless. China wants to gain from its investments also. However, i am convinced that the Chinese, being an ancient culture, have learned the wisdom that, when possible, the best way to help yourself IS to help others. It's very different from the Western mentality and approach.

Regardless, even though some of the China's reasons for helping Africa are self-serving, what it is doing is a good thing for Africa and its people which have been left in the dust of Western-implemented wars and exploitation for far too long.

Africa is destined to rise and receiving a helping hand from other Children of JAH is not a bad thing.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/25/2018 2:58:54 PM

Oh, on second thought i have to take back my blanket assertion that "i'm not a propagandist for anyone": i guess i could be accused of being a propagandist for JAH RastafarI and His Majesty's LOVE, and i'd have to plead "guilty as charged".

Messenger: NewRas Sent: 8/26/2018 3:44:30 PM

On a public level, I've heard many complaints of brothers over seas receiving fake products from the Chinese. Specifically referring to food. Plastic rice was a big thing alleged. I've heard use of rat meat for chicken here in the states. In their own nation I hear of fake walnuts and eggs. These things concern InI about the Chinese business with I African brothers. I do hope that beneficial international relations between the nations can be achieved and sustained but InI am very apprehensive of the Chinese government and their foreign relations with InI homeland. But InI hope and work for the best.

Much love
RasTafarI

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/27/2018 12:24:25 AM

I agree with GARVEYS AFRICA.. This is establishment propaganda.. The basic force fed line: "Anything western is bad, everything China is good"..

A quick look: "China’s relations with Africa, while vast and expanding, are undermined by cultural and sometimes rather extraordinary political insensitivity.

Two recent Chinese action films are set in African nations. With the archetype of the Chinese Savior firmly established, attitudes within China are showing a lack of racial sensitivity at best, and a sense of superiority over other races at worst.

China’s exploitative relationship abroad with African nations became most evident earlier this year. In late January, the French daily Le Monde reported that the Chinese government’s gift of a headquarters building and computer network for the African Union in Addis Ababa contained a back door to facilitate the transfer of data to servers in Shanghai.

The myth of Chinese support for African nations has been perpetuated both at home and abroad, with the $200 million AU complex in Addis as the crown jewel within the narrative of international cooperation fostered by Chinese public funds. But the charm in Beijing’s Africa blitz doesn’t hide the profiteering and wrangling for influence that follow.

Just next door to Ethiopia, China’s move into Djibouti is a prime example. The tiny east African nation sits along one of the world’s major maritime shipping lanes, and is home to American, French, German, Italian, and Japanese military bases, with the latest addition of a Chinese “logistics and supply center” to the many foreign military installations already there. The Chinese naval facility was inaugurated last summer, and is part of Chinese President Xi Jinping’s plan to modernize his country’s military, expanding its navy’s blue-water capabilities.

Beijing shells out $20 million a year to lease the real estate for its base in Djibouti, and has already stationed over 1,000 troops there, with sufficient space for 10 times that number if needed. On top of that, the Chinese government has given the host nation loans topping $1.1 billion to upgrade its commercial port, build an additional airport, a railway that stretches to Addis Ababa, and a water pipeline that moves water from Ethiopia.

Djibouti officials have expressed concern about their country’s ability to repay those loans—failure to channel funds back to China would place the nation in an undesirable position in the very near future.

Over in Kenya, controversy is unfolding around the country’s largest infrastructure project since its 1963 independence. A Chinese-built railway has been designed to be extended through the wildlife reserve just outside of Nairobi. A court ordered that construction be halted as the case is reviewed, but builders and engineers from the China Road and Bridge Corporation have already begun work, with protection from armed guards.

Chinese industrialists—often with the state’s backing—are eyeing their moves to a new continent as the economic and governance models at home switch gears.

Ethiopia, for instance, has received a cash injection of nearly $11 billion to bulk up its industrial infrastructure, transforming farmland into industrial parks that can house factories that churn out fast fashion clothing items and consumer electronic goods. The country has opened four such parks since 2014, and plans to launch eight more before 2020. Hundreds of Ethiopian farmers have complained of land grabs, displacement, and lack of compensation, as the government clears space for newcomers from Beijing.

It doesn’t matter how many Friendship Bridges are built, or how many Cooperation Summits are organized. As long as attitudes toward other races—and nations—do not change within China, the relationships that are cultivated abroad will be exploitative, with only rapacious advancement of one party as a result."

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/27/2018 4:51:45 AM

i & I have no problem with disagreement, man, that's totally cool.

This is just my opinion and i'm not a "propagandist" for anyone. Attempting to dismissing one's opinion as propaganda is a cheap shot which does nothing to diminish the validity of the opinion presented or enhance the dialogue. What i've stated is just my observations of what i've witnessed happening and what i've heard from my African brethren.

Africans, from the poorest to many of the leaders, are GENERALLY pleased about the help that they have been receiving from the Chinese (there are always some EXCEPTIONS to this mainly due to difficulties encountered with cultural integration, but both the Africans and Chinese have ween working hard to overcome this common stumbling block). Together, the Africans and Chinese are achieving some mutually beneficial development would not be realized without some outside investment flowing in, and certainly will not be realized by the U.S. implanting yet more destructive militarism in the continent and fomenting more chaos and war.

It's been said that a bad thing done for all of the right reasons is still a bad thing and that a good thing done for all of the wrong reasons is still a good thing.

i don't claim to know all of China's reasons for helping Africa, but i do know that those reasons are NOT purely altruistic and selfless. China wants to gain from its investments also. However, i am convinced that the Chinese, being an ancient culture, have learned the wisdom that, when possible, the best way to help your own interests IS to help the interests of others. It's very different from the Western mentality and approach (e.g., keep down, divide and conquer).

Even though some of the China's reasons for helping Africa are self-serving, what it is endeavoring to do is a good thing for Africa and its people which have been left in the dust of Western-implemented wars and exploitation for far too long.

Africa is destined to rise and receiving a helping hand from other Children of JAH is good thing.

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/27/2018 6:25:09 AM

Of course, i should get out on the table that this whole assessment of Chinese contributions to African development is in the context of the fact that the world is fallen and that capitalism is everywhere. Certainly that global infestation of capitalism is entirely Babylonian, so the positives of Chinese investment for Africa and its economic development are all construed within the context of the existing global capitalist system that we're all stuck with for the time being.

In this assessment, it's assumed that most Africans would rather have a house than live in the dirt. That they would rather have electricity and running water to using lanterns and carrying water from remote wells. That they would rather have a reliable source of food instead of years of feast and years of drought-induced famine. That they would rather own a cell phone or a computer as opposed to continuing to read and write on paper media. That they would rather have money from a job to acquire these things rather than being penniless. I'm NOT making a judgment here IN DEFENSE OF CAPITALISM. i'm just saying that it happens to be the current global system and what the Chinese are doing in Africa will, in fact, help many Africans achieve the foregoing benefits in the context of the capitalist material system.

Like it or not, we all indulge in the benefits of extractive (and exploitative) industries.[Evidence: the computer technology that we are using for communication right now.] Extractive industries don't have to damage the earth if sound environmental practices are prioritized over profits. Industries don't have to be exploitative if people are prioritized over profits. Chinese look to shift labor intensive manufacturing to Africa. That's an opportunity for Africa's economies to start down the road to empowerment.

In as much as capitalism is always somewhat exploitative by nature, yes, i agree that any development of a developing nation by a developed nation is somewhat exploitative. i believe that i've already conceded that. It's all relative and relative to what the West has done historically (and continues to do) in Africa by way of exploitation and fomenting violence, what China is doing is a vast improvement.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/27/2018 9:44:39 AM

Nesta1: "Is China's absolute control form of governance and economic exploitation of the working class the model that the globalists seek to apply to everyone on the planet, including Americans? Absolutely."

Haha well this same one now praises Chinese dictatorship and economic imperialism invading Africa.... Where is the intellectual consistency?

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/27/2018 9:58:12 AM

"In as much as capitalism is always somewhat exploitative by nature, yes, i agree that any development of a developing nation by a developed nation is somewhat exploitative. i believe that i've already conceded that."
Let's try to elevate the discussion above the attempted 'gotcha'. My opinions are completely consistent in context but i'm not writing a tome here.
Just stay on topic.
I don't like pure capitalism. It's Babylonian. But the flavor of the message was that what China is doing with respect to economic development in Africa might be regarded a constructive, hopeful initiative to those who may be distressed by the news that U.S. AFRICOM is enhancing militarism there and promoting yet more chaos and violence. I stand by that assessment. Building infrastructure and business is far better when it's compared and contrasted with building military bases and promoting violence (i.e., divided and conquer).

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 43

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I