Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6979&start_row=1

Rasta trod

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/5/2018 3:48:38 PM

Rasta trod is a spiritual prophetic jarney. term Rasta mean head which means Rasta is d head of d church of JAH. D Levites in d scrolls are d Rastas. Rastas carried levi/livi which means word, of JAH in scrolls. Rastas 2000yrs ago were true vegetarians

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 8/5/2018 4:03:29 PM

Rasta is d highest order of righteousness. Ina Africa 2000yrs ago Rastas were known as d prophets of JAH. D equivalents of Rasta fo d Brown race is d Hindu trod while for d White n d Red race is Hippy trod. Rastas took no alcohol n didnt sexualy mix race

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/5/2018 4:58:54 PM

So the 'highest order' for me is the 'hippy trod'??.. Haha never have I heard such rubbish.. Hippies are some of the most delusional and lazy people on the face of the earth.. Using drugs and practicing pseudo-spiritual, self-righteous "trust the universe" nonsense.. And this is the highest I can attain?.. Who is this one trying to fool? Cant 'mix races'??.. Some real racial supremacy, self segregating, hateful BS right there! Fire

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/6/2018 5:57:20 AM

Whoa there, Hemphill. We Rastas don't generalize about ANYONE in such negative, derogatory ways (e.g.,"Hippies are some of the most delusional and lazy people on the face of the earth."). That kind of talk is sayin' prayers to the devil. Lumping a whole category of humans together in judgment and casting aspersions upon them is about as divisive & Babylonian as it comes. You need to knock that off , brother. Besides being negative and unproductive, such a sweeping generalization about the character of the people comprising a group is quite obviously inaccurate. i&I can personally testify to knowing many so-called "hippies" who were very well grounded in reality and extremely hard working. That doesn't fit very well with your horribly negative characterization, does it?
There is such a thing as right and wrong, brother. There's no call to speak of of a specific group of people collectively in such false negative terms.
As my wise mother used to say: "If you don't have anything positive to say, perhaps it's best that you don't say anything at all."

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/6/2018 8:16:54 AM

'Mixed-race' Bob Marley: "The truth is an offense, but not a sin"

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/6/2018 9:21:46 AM

Hemphill, Your reply has nothing to do with my comment. It's unrelated.
This is a simple case of you having written something in haste which was vile and clearly inaccurate (i.e., you blew it –it happens to everyone at times). There’s simply no basis in Truth or reality for the mean-spirited generalization:

“Hippies are some of the most delusional and lazy people on the face of the earth.. Using drugs and practicing pseudo-spiritual, self-righteous "trust the universe" nonsense”

The Wisdom of Jah dictates that when one is clearly in the wrong they simply concede that quickly & graciously with a brief "You're right, that was wrong of me." All of us have to concede that from time to time because we are human and make mistakes. To cling steadfastly to a misdeed or statement, try to justify it, and resist acknowledging your mistake is childish and greatly undercuts everything else you try to communicate because it’s suggestive of a person who refuses to admit their own errors.

Or as a wise man once stated:
“But I say unto you, that whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment….. first be reconciled to thy brother…. Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him”

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/6/2018 12:30:15 PM

I have lived in a hippy area, they are not seated in reality.. Its head in the clouds scattered spiritualism and completely unrealistic.. Talk about self-manifestation, crystals, idols, kumbaya, etc.. Did you watch that video? A deep reasoning into what a hippy is and how there is ZERO connection to Ras Tafari.. I have been called a hippy many times and I am always very quick to correct that because 'hippy' is a trendy fashion.. Hippy is a music/drug fest. Hippy has nothing to do with reality.. Hippy is ignorance masquerading as tolerant consciousness.. Its a worldy perspective that has nothing to do with Jah Truth.. Especially the older 'woodstock' hippies.. Too drugged out..

^^ My own experience..

For this one Black Heart to assert that the highest heights I can reach --because of my skin color-- is a hippy trod; he catch a fire for that!! We are Jah children, not flower power hippy dippy worldy confusion..

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/6/2018 1:12:35 PM

Yet you would admit that the hippy community you lived in was not representative of everyone identified by the moniker, wouldn't you? You would have to concede that there have been and are many, many bright, hard-working people, firmly grounded in reality who either call themselves hippies or have been labelled as such by society, wouldn't you? So sweeping disparaging characterizations are fundamentally wrong.

And still you carry the burden of so much false pride that you can't simply say, "I was wrong". That's very sad.

As a wise-beyond-his-years Bob Marley once remarked:
"Well, I've been a Rasta from ever since, ya know. But, is not how long I've been a Rasta, is how long it takes you to grow up."

Keep trodding, brother, you have a ways to go.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 8/6/2018 1:28:02 PM

Always with the character defamation.. Really triggered this one here. Shows a lot to defend the hippy them.. Lol

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 8/6/2018 1:56:17 PM

Nope, just sad, like i say because it holds you back.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 24

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I