Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6950&start_row=31

Hunting

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: African Sent: 6/21/2018 9:22:05 PM

Love

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/23/2018 11:45:09 AM

Yes Rastafari
The I Hemphill make a great point about "killing" plants. Yes it is true that plants have souls. Despite not having a heart or blood, they are 100% conscious. I cannot prove it, only knowing from experience and the way I communicate with plants! And the idea had occurred to me a long time ago, that "oh my god, these plants are also alive.. so how can I kill them and eat them?" For some time I saw this as a reason why eating meat was okay. But then I realized there still is a huge difference between consuming flesh vs. plants. It is partially because of the blood. Blood is extremely powerful, this we can see in the fact that almost all ancient cultures practiced animal or human sacrifice, blood drinking, etc. and how modern global powerholders maintain their power and physical state through ritual abuse and blood drinking. The difference is also in the cholesterol which as we know is only found in animal products, and is harmful to the cardiovascular system. But I know the I Hemphill already know these things. I know the I is a plant eater for a long time, fully aware of the reasonings for it. I guess I am just saying these things to bridge the gap between what the I is saying and what Kusko/Jesus/John is saying. Yes its very true self discipline is important, vital, and I know the I Hemphill is well practiced in self discipline. Even militia training takes a lot of discipline. I see fully the point the I is trying to make Iyah. There is a place for weaponry and even for animal eating, if people must do these things to survive, and if survival is their goal. The Human legacy is scattered with cultures that have survived ice ages and catastrophes, collapses of civilizations, through means such as this. All of us alive today have to thank our ancestors who survived those situations through exactly the means that Iyah Hemphill is describing. What we choose to do next is a personal choice, but we cannot deny that these methods have led to us being alive on Irth today. So give thankhs to the ancestors. One righteous love Always.

Messenger: African Sent: 6/23/2018 4:05:48 PM

The only plant I truly and consciously relate with is ganja. I man have special relationship with herb. wouldn't call that a soul though. call it mystics of Jah. or Irit.

Messenger: African Sent: 6/24/2018 3:55:49 AM

blood drinking is terrible judgement sister jah child

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 6/24/2018 9:55:10 AM

Beloved brother,
The I is right about blood drinking. It is not something I was condoning, I was simply pointing out that it happens and the reason why it happens.
As for the plants, if the I practice more listening to plants, the I might find that ganjah is not the only one who is sentient. Irit, yes I, this is a fitting word for it.. the energy of I&I is in all life.
Oneness and Love

Messenger: African Sent: 6/24/2018 12:22:34 PM

Yes I, everywhere is I

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 7/1/2018 2:43:07 PM

The Hunting experience is really a spiritual one.. 9 out of 10 times, especially with a bow and arrow, a shot is not taken, an animal is not seen, turns out to be just a nice quite trip and meditation in the woods.. It is true that Jah moves everything, and if an animal does not present itself, Jah has made it so.. This is why natural cultures like Native Americans, or Aborigines, place so much emphasis on the spirituality of living in tune with nature, giving back more than they take.. Using every piece of the animal that gave its life for their survivor.. Creating a right-of-passage centered around hunting..

It really is nice to be in the woods, as quite and still as possible, to not let anything know you are there.. To watch the squirrels play and run in the same tree you are in.. To witness the forest function as if you are not there

Messenger: JAH Child Sent: 7/1/2018 6:36:47 PM

I can see the beauty in that experience brother Hemphill. In parts of it at least. Credo Mutwa the Zulu elder talks about a time before current humanity, when humans were telepathically communicating with animals to the point that they would walk into the wilderness and mentally call an animal, which would present itself and bend down as a sacrifice, not even fighting to preserve its life through running or attacking, simply overstanding through the connection that their life was needed and offering it freely to the human. And of course these early humans did not waste any single part of the animal's flesh either, using everything fully as the I describe also. I can see the beauty in this story. Despite not wanting to partake in those rituals.
Yet of course it is also possible to spend time in silence and meditation in the forest without the intention of hunting at all, just to go into the trees and sit. This is a valuable experience in itself.
Love always

Messenger: Black heart Sent: 7/22/2018 12:52:11 AM

Hunting is against Rasta trod, why would somebody claim Rasta yet want to take hoby in killing? Plants are living too but feel no pain when harvested fo ital. Plants are angels that happily provide food with their bodies to other living things. Raspect.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 39

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I