Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6941&start_row=1

Rastafari Beliefs and Practices: Learning for Beginners

1 - 2
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Empress Blogger Sent: 4/26/2018 12:19:37 PM

Sometimes I think that people think Rastafari is some "open concept" faith where one can do as one likes as long as they believe in one love and wear their hair in dreadlocks...on the contrary. Jah is an entity very aware of all things. Rastafari is about "The Most High, the one we call "Jah."

Rastafari has many rules, practices, beliefs and principles.

Clean vs. Unclean of Rastafari

The one I would like to "teach" right now is clean vs. unclean. I already know most people do not know that Rasta practice "clean vs unclean." For example...many do not know that we do not believe in using pots used to cook beef/pork etc. to use the same pots to cook "Ital Rasta food." Ital (meaning clean and natural) so the consumption of beef/pork/goat meat etc is deemed "unclean" food in Rastafari. We do not use the same pots to cook our food.

Just a little FYI.

Give thanks for the Forum to share Rastafari Wisdom and Knowledge.
May Jah Guide and bless all those who seek to know the trod in the true sense.

King Selassie I.

Rasta Ital food Cooking Tips & Tools

If you want to learn more about the Rules of Rastafari you can check out Rasta Rules Book on amazon.com

Messenger: Evison Matafale Skræling Sent: 4/27/2018 12:57:14 AM

Greetings from Dar es Salaam mighty ones and ones! Give thankhs for life!
These following comments come from a place of concern in i heart for the young lions who come to these forums, and other computer based sources for info. Lets not narrow our views.

Maybe Empress Yuajah can describe how she has become the authority on everything Rastafari, to the point she has literally written the books.
For example her books

"Rastafarian religion"
"white Rastafari", "how to become a white Rastafari", "Rastafari for African Americans".
"How to dress as an Empress"
"Rastafari for black people".

Yes i ordered one of these books and it has given i a view of the author.
I DO think it was a mistake to order and i would not order another from this author. When i was in possesion of the book, i used it as an example of the danger of dictator like figures looking to exploit and confuse Rastafari.

Seriously, what gives her the right to define these things? Does she work with any istablished organizations, mansions or councils?
Where has she learned these "laws"
And what non internet experiences has led to her position of authority, besides dating a jamaican man? Does she itribute her amazon profits to the elders of Afrika and Jamaica who had a part in Early days and deserve recognition, credit and support?

I say these questions not from hate but worry, as i think we as a community must be vigilantly guarding against such false representations. Especially when a one represents them self as the definer of our faith. Why shopping ina walmart?

Maybe im jumping to a negative conclusion,but i dont think so.
I invite Empress Yuajah to ixplain herself.

1 - 2

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I