Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6925&start_row=1

Scientific breakthrough by i man rastafari

1 - 1011 - 14
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: jewdosiscareyou Sent: 3/20/2018 12:51:07 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 3/20/2018 7:05:55 PM

Hi Joey,(I think that's your name)

Your posts are very concerning, as you come across as very disorganized. You also speak of schizophrenia and the drugs used for treatment with a lack of understanding. Risperdal and Clozaril, are antipsychotics used for treating schizophrenia. Risperdal has other applications, and as far as I know is not used in conjunction with Clozaril. Clozaril is considered a big gun, and is not prescribed until other drugs have failed. There is a higher risk of toxicity with Clozaril and is usually only prescribed when someone has severely decompensated. Depakote is a mood stabilizer often used for treating bipolar disorder of the manic variety.

It is very important that you ask yourself why these medications are being prescribed to you. I can only imagine the difficulties that you have experienced. If your doctor recommends these medications and your parents implore you to take them, it's because they're deeply worried about your mental health. To be in denial of any mental health complications, while divulging strange tangential rants on a public forum, is indicative of a problem.

I urge you to take the time to listen to your parents and the mental health professionals in your life.

Peace

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/21/2018 3:53:19 PM

SunofMan,
i&I considered offering Joey very similar advice to what you have written. Some of what is expressed in his post appears to be cause for concern and yet we really don't know if it's all genuine or has perhaps been exaggerated for effect. Anyway, he has concerns about his parents' intentions and we have no way of knowing whether those are justified or simply a misread of their actions & motives.

i&I suggested to him in another thread that he pray to JAH to show him the right direction to turn for help.

i think your post and advice show that your heart is in the right place, SunofMan.

For me, i just felt a reservation when i&I read his post. It reminded me of that old saying: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.

Blessings
RastafarI

Messenger: SunofMan Sent: 3/21/2018 5:12:32 PM

It's highly unlikely that he has any knowledge of antipsychotic meds without having experienced the mental health system. To state that one's parents encourage one to take these meds alludes to great distress. I don't beleive that parents or psychiatrists encourage medication because they're out to get anybody, but rather because they're trying to help. Sometimes people are prescribed meds when they can still function without them, rarely is the case with the meds in question. Taking medication is always a matter of cost vs benefit. If the meds allow one to function in society as opposed to spending your life under constant scrutiny and judgement in conjunction with a tremendous loss of freedom, then it makes sense to take the medication. If one can function in society and stay under the radar of parental concern and the mental health system, then more power to ya. Consider this carefully Joey.

Peace

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/22/2018 2:51:45 AM

i&I tend to agree, SunofMan. It's just that parent/child relationships can be incredibly complex (e.g., i&I had a dear friend many years ago who was mentally ill, but his parents were definitely aggravating not helping the situation), so i don't assume anything about people i've never met & whose relationships i know nothing about. Also, i&I imagine that we can all agree that strange, unnatural things do occur in Babylon today where there are extremely aggressive forces working constantly to try to tear down the functioning of the family.
i've lived in Central & South America, the Caribbean, Africa and Asia (where i currently live) and the family relationships on the whole in these places are so much healthier and stronger than in America the Babylon that one often forgets how most families were in the U.S. just 40 or 50 years ago. Naturally, this is all just generalization and there are still many healthy families in America too which have resisted the pollution.....perhaps, Joey's is one of them.

JAH LOVE

Messenger: jewdosiscareyou Sent: 3/22/2018 10:07:45 AMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: jewdosiscareyou Sent: 3/22/2018 10:11:17 AMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: jewdosiscareyou Sent: 3/22/2018 10:13:03 AMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/22/2018 1:29:57 PM

Vulgar ranting, nonsence reasonings, we dealing with John again..

Messenger: jewdosiscareyou Sent: 3/23/2018 12:07:30 PMHidden - Foolishness
View Message  Reply

1 - 1011 - 14

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I