Use the drop-down boxes above to navigate through the Website  
Return to Reasoning List

Here is a link to this page:
http://www.jah-rastafari.com/forum/message-view.asp?message_group=6911&start_row=31

show me

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 56
Time Zone: EST (New York, Toronto)
Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/10/2018 3:34:49 AM

"JAH LOVE and Compassion for Ivery human Life Idureth for Iver."

Until those unfaithful children wilfully engage in a war against H.I.M and fight against turth and light... Some dire consequences there...

Numbers 15: 30 "But anyone who sins defiantly, whether native-born or foreigner, blasphemes the Lord and must be cut off from the people of Israel. 31 Because they have despised the Lord’s word and broken his commands, they must surely be cut off; their guilt remains on them."

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/10/2018 5:54:11 AM

Fortunately judgment belongs to His Majesty (whose mercy know no bounds as He cares deeply for each and every one of the Lives He has created, and has His Own plan for the redemption of His individual Children) and we, His Children, are freed from the burden to judge our fellow human beings (which is a tribute to His Wisdom because of how susceptible we would otherwise be to being corrupted into divisiveness and conflict by worldly deception). In fact, we are admonished not to judge:

“Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”

Indeed, His instruction to us is to Love one another regardless another’s misdeeds or how we might believe (with our own imperfections) that His Majesty might judge them:

“But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”

In the words of Our Father H.I.M. Haile Selassie I: “We wish to recall here the spirit of tolerance shown by Our Lord Jesus Christ when He gave forgiveness to ALL including those that crucified Him.”

So our guidance from His Majesty is straight forward: Judge not, Love all of our brethren and sistren.
-

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/10/2018 12:15:49 PM

Full circle again because he tells us directly to Fight for we are confident in the victory of good over evil. He even went as far to solicit thr Guerilla warfare training of African freedom fighters including an early Mandela. There is always a time to fight against wickedness Haile Selassie has shown this has spoken for this as has the Bible

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/10/2018 2:15:47 PM

GA- Finally agreement. We Rastas absolutely fight and struggle against wickedness.

“i&I no come to fight flesh and blood,
But spiritual wickedness in high and low places.
So while they fight you down,
Stand firm and give JAH thanks and praises.”

But, of course, “fight” means pursuing the battle using the most powerful weapon of all provided to us by His Majesty --- more powerful than any violence, punch, explosion, or projectile –- Love. Mastering the use of Love in the battle against wickedness leads us to the inevitable victory spoken of by His Majesty because it confounds the defenders of wickedness. It’s an oxymoron to struggle for Righteousness by picking up the weapons of the devil or using the mental strategies of our downpressors. That’s a fool’s errand because no one (especially not a Rasta living Righteousness) will ever use the devil’s weapons & methods --- violence, destruction of Life, deceit, divide-and-conquer, inflicting of pain, anger, hostility, cruelty, jealousy, greed, terror, vanity, destruction of the beautiful works of hands and so forth –- any more effectively than the devil’s own minions. Adopting the devil’s fighting methods & weapons is simply glorifying his ways, and ceding the choice of means and methods to him (agreeing to play his wicked game) thereby dooming the pursuer of Righteousness to spiritual defeat and risking his own co-option over into evil.

We Rastas fight –absolutely – but we do it armed with His Majesty’s Love and Truth and Righteousness. You attack wickedness with Love and they’ll never see it coming and they just won’t know what to do with it. But you attack wickedness using a strategy based on the devil’s own means & methods and, well…. a bad tree cannot bring forth good fruit.

So we find good common ground, GA --the fight against wickedness. Cool.

HASTA LA VICTORIA SIEMPRE

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/10/2018 3:07:51 PM

I assume you have seen the image of HIM next to the rifle? There are times when a physical fight is necessary. In terms of the 'We africans will fight' context again I am sure you have heard of HIM offering training camps in Ethiopia for the likes of Mandela and other African leaders to be able to take skills of Guerilla warfare back into their countries and physically fight down oppression. No peace before justice....

In terms of this discussion and homosexuality....... Did HIM govern a country with rules and law? And if so, how were criminals and transgressors of such law dealt?

It can be out of love for a person why you tell them what they are doing is wickedness... tough love. To encourage or ignore such acts would be to lead them further into wickedness and would not be showing love. And when children see the Rastaman openly criticising the act of homosexuality like Sizzla in the interview it will let them KNOW it is wrong rather than beating around the bush and being 'all accepting' like mystery babylon promotes today and has always done so. Know the rights and know the wrongs.

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/10/2018 3:16:32 PM

Nesta1.. Again man. There are levels and layers.. You are speaking of a highly idealistic or even esoteric notion.. To fight hate and evil with love.. Feels good to say, feels good to ponder.. And as far a personal inner-struggle goes, this may be the most realistic defense.. Maybe.. But in a different level, i.e. outter reality flesh and blood, having to fight off evil may just mean life or death.. And Haile Selassie showed us this as well.. He FOUGHT on the FRONT LINES with his troops against an invading Italian force.. When left with no option, reality dictates that inherently violent self defense against an especially violent evil attack; is not only just, but on some level, righteous..

I

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/11/2018 6:21:02 AM

i&I only sharing Truth and His Majesty's Wisdom. Each man must seek his own path and do the best he can. Be very wary of letting Babylon deceive you into killing any fellow human being (destroy JAH’s creation of Life). WHOSOEVER is teaching you to do so is seeking to deceive you & saying prayers to the devil, i&I assure you of that.

You say, "Feels good to say, feels good to ponder", brother, but i&I say to you, “Feels even better to DO”. His Majesty would never exhort us to ‘be ye therefore perfect even as your Father’ and then mock us by giving us instructions on how to comport ourselves which are impossible to follow. With no exception, we are to follow His Commandments, not attempt to use what He may or may not Himself have done as justification to exempt ourselves from His Commandments.

It’s disappointing, but unfortunately not unusual, to hear people who are seeking Righteousness seem to infer that we live in the Babylon System so we must adopt its ways. There’s certainly some validity to that, but seeking Righteousness means establishing the boundaries beyond which we will not be cajoled to stray. For example, most of us have to touch Babylon’s filthy money as a practical matter, but we do not ever have to bow down & worship it. None of us can be compelled to pick up Babylon’s guns to menace or shoot a fellow human being.

“Levels and layers”, yes there certainly are many, but we must never allow ourselves to be deceived into believing that there is no such thing as right and wrong, for once that happens, we are lost.

I will close by reiterating: The Truth is the Truth and it can never change. We use Truth like a mountain, an immovable anchor from which to find bearings and navigate through Babylon in Righteousness.

Messenger: GARVEYS AFRICA Sent: 3/11/2018 10:31:12 AM

"we must never allow ourselves to be deceived into believing that there is no such thing as right and wrong, for once that happens, we are lost."

Agreed.

And homos are wrong.
As is peace before justice.

Know the rights

Messenger: Hemphill Sent: 3/11/2018 12:31:32 PM

Ok Nesta1.. We are looking at the same thing from different points.. And clearly, the point I am making is being overlooked.. Yet, it is the most simple and basic level of looking at this. A primal need to survive.. Now dont write this off as a dramatic exaggerated example because this happens EVERYDAY.. Say you and your family are fast asleep and you here the crash of glass breaking and people moving about your house.. You now find yourself in the midst of a break in.. A potentially deadly situation left with not only your property, but the very lives of your immediate family to defend.. And most times, if people are brazen enough to break in, they are going to have a weapon.. Now, do you try to love these people in some sort of Stockholm syndrom to keep your family safe; or do you fight?

Messenger: Nesta1 Sent: 3/11/2018 4:27:23 PM

Hemphill - Interesting you should bring up that kind of hypothetical. It's a very common way of trying to goad a person of rock solid conviction into admitting that they're not perfect and under the worst case circumstances they would react like an animal. Of course, reacting like an animal would never mean that's what the person would have chosen to do under different circumstances (or even in retrospect) or that what was done was not wrong.

Anyway, as you can imagine being Rasta and always having espoused the teachings of His Majesty throughout my Life, someone from time to time invariably has posed that kind of hypothetical to me. This is how I usually answer a question like that one when it's posed:

In 1968 when I was going to Malaga Cove school, my P.E. teacher was a fellow named Dan Inosanto (or Mr. I, as we like to call him). Mr. I and Bruce Lee were very close friends and used to practice together all the time. I once asked Mr. I if he would teach me some martial arts moves. His response to me (as close to verbatim as I can get 50 years later) was, "N___, you're the fastest sprinter in the class. You should always do everything possible to avoid a fight. You don't need to fight, just run away. Nine time out of ten you can run away, and the tenth time out of ten you take a punch or two and then run away." Disappointed, I complained, "But Mr. Inosanto isn't that being a coward?" He replied, "No, it's being smart."

Later that year, Mr. I had Bruce Lee come to our school and do a demonstration at an assembly. We kids were all thrilled because we were going to get to see some real hot martial arts demonstrated by two of the best in the world. All Mr. I and Bruce Lee ended up doing for an hour on stage was talk about being disciplined, physically fit, and AVOIDING a fight using every means possible. No punching or kicking were demonstrated. We were pretty disappointed because young boys like us were into violence.

Roughly ten years later, I had a former South Vietnamese Army Colonel and expert in martial arts & guerrilla warfare teach me the identical lesson.

These were all guys who could do whatever was necessary to thrash another human being and they all adhered to the "run away from or otherwise avoid a fight whenever possible" guiding principle.

They were all very credible and wise men so I listened to them and learned.

So if a person finds himself in your hypothetical situation, the answer is: One would never choose to kill another human being; even if one were backed into a corner and disabling his attacker was the only alternative. You'd try to avoid the confrontation using every means available. But if one did happen to kill someone inadvertently, then they'd be saddled with guilt and pain forever (which would be very difficult to shed) because, of course, killing another human being is violating a solemn commandment. But even on a less spiritual and intellectual level, and on a more human level, it would be very difficult to live with having extinguished another precious human life. Anyone who I have ever known who has taken a Life has provided ample testimony to that effect.

Also, we must never disregard His Majesty’s remarkable ways of intervening in our Life situations on our behalves and protecting us. Truly miraculous, but that’s a whole other topic.

Hemphill, have you ever looked closely at a baby's tiny little fingers and watched them move? If you haven't done that or haven't done it recently, try it. It's mind-boggling. The skin, the tiny bones, the nerves, the threadlike flexor tendons… all animated, functional, and glowing with warmth and Life. It's hard to see that miracle and to ever look at another human being’s Life with callousness or indifference after that. ("The biggest man you ever did see was once just a little baby") i would feel very uncomfortable in the presence of His Majesty immediately after destroying the Life of one of His precious Itren for any reason regardless of the circumstances. Of course, i would find peace with Him because JAH’s mercy & forgiveness know no limits never and JAH never lets us down.

1 - 1011 - 2021 - 3031 - 4041 - 5051 - 56

Return to Reasoning List

RastafarI

Haile Selassie I